Explorer Live Now And Then

I think I'm the only person who actually liked the rocking. I was having my own kind of adventure - lol. And I slept like a baby!

It was nice having drinks with you and your dh. I love your sense of humor! And I love that you're as picky an eater as I am although I don't even eat tomatoes!

I think Captain Erik did a wonderful job keeping us safe and I'm actually very happy to have St Maarten instead of Dominican Republic. We were lucky that we missed the rain on port days but it still felt like every port had a heat index of 108!

I didn't have a chance to look at your pictures - I'm still doing laundry and trying to play catch up. I'll have to look later. Oh sorry, we forgot to take pictures of the GS. Oh well, it's not much different than the pictures that are posted on webshots (except for the new bedding).

Hope you're feeling better,

Carol

Hey Carol!

We are definitely cut from the same cloth! I sleep best when that ship is rocking! LOL! :D We had fun chatting with you and Beth and we share the same opinions about many things including food! :D DH on the otherhand is THRILLED with all the selections as you know! LOL:D Especially the Asian food and all the fish! Captain Erik did an outstanding job of keeping us safe and informed and I would never worry about sailing thru any kind of weather with him or Captain Ryan. St. Maarten was an excellent choice as I didn't want to go to Labadee or Dominican Republic to begin with so no great loss to us on port change. They dropped both ports from next October's cruise which is a plus! The heat and humidity were wicked in St. Thomas and San Juan and thats probably how I ended up with this stupid cold going from 100 dregrees to A/C constantly. I did not notice it too much much in St. Maarten and it felt cooler which was nicer. Bermuda was hot also but it doesn't have that humidity like the islands so it's very nice. You forgot pics of the GS! That's ok, I was thinking about upgrading from JS for June but we have same JS for both on that B to B so will just stay put and I did miss some things in the JS. I just need to take some things from the OS and put them in JS and than add the GS balcony and poof! The perfect cabin! :D

Thaks for the menu. I was looking forward to going there but after seeing the menu, I don't think I can. I am really not a pickey eater but I don't like peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers and spicy food. Well, I guess there is always one in the crowd and that is me.

I can relate to this BUT they prepare plain pasta and marinara sauce for me and I order the filet mignon which is excellent. Neither is spicey! They may be able to prepare something for you without the things you do not like. :)

Hi there - hope you're having a wonderful time in Bermuda - it is definitely my favorite island.

We will be sailing on the Explorer next November; though I wanted to go back to Bermuda, we opted for a 12-day cruise to the S. Caribbean and plan to do Bermuda again in 2009. I happened on this thread and just love all your pictures of Bermuda and of the Explorer.

I have just one question that maybe somebody can help me with. We are booked on the 2nd deck (2596) close to the ice rink -- does anyone know if the cabins are colder there, or if there's any more noise at night associated with maintaining the rink? We still have time to change our cabin, so just thought I'd check. Thanks for any help.

This will be my first time on Explorer and she looks to be a fantastic ship. Can't wait to actually see for myself. In the meantime, I will thoroughly enjoy your pictures.

Marge

Hi Marge! I wish was I was still in Bermuda but I am back home now:o I am doing the 12 night southern Dec. 2 so you'll find lots of photos and info posted here in a few weeks about that cruise. I'm sorry I can't help you with deck 2 cabins as we are always on 10. The ice skating rink is Studio B and it is also used for activities at night such as the Quest, dance parties, etc so it's more than just ice skating. I do not know if you would be able to hear the noise but just wanted to let you know there are other activities held there so you may want to change decks if you have the chance. :)

Suzanne

Suzanne:

Awesome pictures! I'm so proud you! LMAO Does this mean I may have a "mini me" next month on EX? LMAO :p The OS was gorgeous!!! If DH/I had that.. I wouldn't be able to get him out of the room unless it was food related! LMAO

By any chance do you know how long the walk is from the ship to the shops in Phillipsburg? I know you took the water taxi over but figure you may have spoke to someone on the cruise that did that. Last year when DH/I were in St. Maarten we had a tour so I didn't get a chance to really observe the area that well.

Love the pics!!!

Sea ya!

I have a question about cybercabin. My laptop has a modem built it, but is also wireless and can support an ethernet cable. We we use cable to get onto the internet at home, so the laptop isn't plugged into anything to get on line (wireless). Will I be able to use cybercabin if I don't use a dial up internet provider? I wasn't sure ~ and I'd much rather pay a one time fee for unlimited use with cybercabin than to pay per minute to use WiFi in the cabin. How does the cybercabin work? Thanks.

The pictures are wonderful ~ those cannon power shot cameras are the best ~ mine is an S1 IS and I love it ~ it too is idiot proof ~ has to be for my pictures to come out good!! ;)

Hey Nancy:

Hey there... how are you? Hope all is well.:)

We did have a great time on that St Martin tour too! Rich & I have walked to Phillipsburg several times. Maybe 10 - 15 mins once you get outside the gate.

We had a blast on our tour and I'll never forget it. LMAO I have to say that was one of the best tours that I've ever been on and we had so much fun!

Ok so where's the gate? I remember where we met to get the tour so where do you go from there? If you want to send me an email...

Tell IceCream Boy that DH/I said HEY!

Sea ya!

Hi Lynn, The camera is Canon powershot A 460. I think it was about 125.00 at Walmart. Completely idiot proof which was perfect for me! It also does videos which come out great too! :D

This is definitely the kind of camera I need, I can't believe that its so inexpensive. Does it have a zoom lens and is it easy to download the pictures on computer?

Suzanne:

Awesome pictures! I'm so proud you! LMAO Does this mean I may have a "mini me" next month on EX? LMAO :p The OS was gorgeous!!! If DH/I had that.. I wouldn't be able to get him out of the room unless it was food related! LMAO

By any chance do you know how long the walk is from the ship to the shops in Phillipsburg? I know you took the water taxi over but figure you may have spoke to someone on the cruise that did that. Last year when DH/I were in St. Maarten we had a tour so I didn't get a chance to really observe the area that well.

Love the pics!!!

Sea ya!

I walked by the shops in St. Maarten on my way to Subway:D They are all on the street behind the boardwalk. You just walk to water taxi which is a short walk from ship and it's like a 5-10 minute ride right to the town. Easy! :D You really have to take the water taxi because it's blocked off so you can't walk. You could take a taxi that goes around to get to town but that's a longer ride. We always take the water taxi over and shop and go to beach:)

Archived