Promenade View Staterooms

kaiiak

Can somebody post all of the ships that have Promenade View Inside staterooms? We have never sailed on RCCL because we have always found a better deal on another cruise line. My DH and I would love to try the line someday. We usually book nothing less than a balcony, but felt that these Promenade View rooms looked kind of cool, and wouldn't give us that claustrophobic feel of an inside room.

Also - can you do a triple in these rooms? If not, I guess this will have to be one of those trips where we leave our 12 yr. old son at home LOL:D

Seriously though, I would love a list of the ships so I can keep it on file for future bookings.

THANKS!!!

Can somebody post all of the ships that have Promenade View Inside staterooms? We have never sailed on RCCL because we have always found a better deal on another cruise line. My DH and I would love to try the line someday. We usually book nothing less than a balcony, but felt that these Promenade View rooms looked kind of cool, and wouldn't give us that claustrophobic feel of an inside room.

Also - can you do a triple in these rooms? If not, I guess this will have to be one of those trips where we leave our 12 yr. old son at home LOL:D

Seriously though, I would love a list of the ships so I can keep it on file for future bookings.

THANKS!!!

All the Voyager class (Voyager, Adventure, Explorer, Navigator, and Mariner) and Freedom class (Freedom, Liberty) have PR cabins. :)

All the Voyager class (Voyager, Adventure, Explorer, Navigator, and Mariner) and Freedom class (Freedom, Liberty) have PR cabins. :)

That's correct... and you will enjoy the cabins and the views of the Royal Promenade

I can't speak from personal experience, but my brother and his family recently sailed on the voyager in a PR cabin and they found it very claustraphobic and depressing.

They said to me that if ever I heard of anyone thinking of booking a PR, to strongly discourage them - especially if they had sailed before in a room with a balcony.

Hope that is helpful.

I can't speak from personal experience, but my brother and his family recently sailed on the voyager in a PR cabin and they found it very claustraphobic and depressing.

They said to me that if ever I heard of anyone thinking of booking a PR, to strongly discourage them - especially if they had sailed before in a room with a balcony.

Hope that is helpful.

I disagree....we have had just about every category cabin and we did indeed have a PR cabin.........true,it is smaller but nothing depressing about it......fun to people watch...

A balcony costs a lot more and a PR is in someones budget,go for it..

Just remember to close your curtains while dressing!:eek:

Hope that is helpful.

I also disagree. I have sailed in a PR on the Explorer and Freedom and will on the Voyager very soon. They are very nicely priced, usually cheaper than the ocean view rooms down below and in a nice location, mid ship front to back and bottom to top. The window seat opens up the sitting area nicely.

I would recommend it:)

Beth

Sailed once in PR cabin and wouldn't bother again with the extra expense...I'd just book either an interior cabin or a balcony and be done with it. Most of the time there's not that great a view from the PR cabins, except during the parades...but then, it's more fun to be down on the promenade level with everyone else. The cabins are slightly larger than a standard interior cabin, but not enough to justify the extra $$$. The PR rooms are quite soundproof and not a lot of light comes in through the window. You can't open the window at all, either. If you can manage it, book a balcony or ocean view cabin. The Voyager class ships are great and there's a lot to do. Have a great cruise!

Will find out soon we have one booked on our next cruise on the Navigator. Done balcony but never in the room and have been on inside since. As its our first Voyager ship we thought we would try out PR.

Thanks for the tip about closing the curtains as I very rarely have any clothes on in the room especially after a shower just like to relax for 20 mins.

I HOPE it is great! Truly, we could never afford a balcony, so with two kids we opted for connecting Promenade rooms. All four of us were in the smallest cabin on Disney last time, so this will actually be an upgrade for us!

Well, on many itineraries, a balcony cabin for four would cost less than two PR staterooms, so I wouldn't give up and think you could never afford a balcony. In fact, if you book early, you might find that you could get a JS for 4 at about the same cost as to PR's, since the 3rd and 4th person in the same room will get a low rate.

I HOPE it is great! Truly, we could never afford a balcony, so with two kids we opted for connecting Promenade rooms. All four of us were in the smallest cabin on Disney last time, so this will actually be an upgrade for us!
Thats exactly what we did......you'll be happy with 2 cabins with 2 bathrooms!!:D

We have the same for our upcoming 9 night cruise in February. All due respect to other opinions, but I saved almost $1000 booking the connecting rooms instead of a JS. And I would rather have 2 bathrooms, extra room and some privacy. We did an 11 night in an inside quad last Feb and this will be a huge improvement.

Last year when we went on AOS some of our friends had PR staterooms while we had inside rooms. I thought the rooms were great. The view of the Royal Promenade is awesome and I think the idea is unique. We just booked Liberty for Sept 08 and got a great deal on a PR. It was way more affordable than a balcony and a nice upgrade from an inside room. I cannot wait!! :D

thank you for all of your insight? It would be nice to do an inside once to save $$$. Can you do a triple on the PR inside?

I believe there aren't any triple PRs on Voyager class, but maybe on the Freedom class. Not sure, but I'm sure someone else around here will know.

thank you for all of your insight? It would be nice to do an inside once to save $$$. Can you do a triple on the PR inside?

Not on any Voyager class ships.....the PR are only for 2.....

But the Freedom class(Freedom,Liberty and soon to be Independence) does have a few family PR cabins that will hold more(6 people).

BTw-did you know you can edit any post of yours(within 30 mins or so),if you want to make a correction(like get rid of the question mark??:) ).....

Just go back to your post and click on the EDIT button..

No PR cabin is a triple.

On Freedom class ships there are "Family Promenade Cabins". Check it out on the RC website: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cabinclass/cabinTypes/cabinType/cabin/home.do;jsessionid=00004yAutAqU3l9plFQk-vhAu5v:12hdhuaq2?shipCode=FR&cabincls=I&cabinType=TF&br=R&deckCode=07

It sleeps up to 6.

The first three built Voyager class ships which are Voyager, Adventure and Explorer, have larger PR cabins at 167 sq.ft. than the later built two, Navigator and Mariner which have 153 sq.ft. PR cabins. That 14 sq.ft. makes a big difference in this size of cabin. Freedom class ships PR are even smaller at 149 Sq.ft.

I really liked our PR cabin on Adventure as you always had something to look at in the Royal Promenade and not just ocean which is what you see most of the time when at sea with a OV or balcony cabin.

We love the promenade rooms on the Voyager class! In fact we have our group has 6 or 7 of them booked for our February trip.

I believe that unless you are on a Freedom Class (Liberty, Freedom or the soon to be added Independance) the promenade rooms are for 2 guests only. The Freedom class I have heard have a few family promenade rooms. Enjoy!:D

I'm with the majority here: Promenade Staterooms rock. Just slept on one earlier this month aboard the Adventure of the Seas, and it was great getting up, opening those curtains and see people walking about, enjoying their cruise. At night, it's even better with the parades and all the activities. The space is so cozy that we'd sit down in the window seat with compass in hand, to plan out our day or evening. :D

Looking back, I guess the reason that we didn't think our PR cabin was such a great value is because we were hardly ever there. We were only in our cabin enough to sleep and shower, and I can't say I ever spent more than an hour awake in there during any 24 hour period. Not that I thought there was anything wrong with it...there were just too many other places on the ship or in port we wanted to be. If you actually spend "awake time" in your cabin, it may be worth it to upgrade. Sorry to sound so negative in my earlier post.

Archived