Hello from Volendam!

bepsf

After a long haul of selecting, processing, uploading, and posting, I now have my Volendam: Panama Canal 2007 photos to present:

http://homepage.mac.com/revneal/volendam2007/Menu234.html

The above link will take you to the gallery-index page. If you click on the small photos you see there, each will take you to a gallery-page of photo-thumbs. From there, click on each thumbnail photo and you can view that picture in 800x600 size. You can also scroll through them in slide-show format.

Great pictures Revneal! Of course, now I'm wondering about the fate of our scheduled zipline excursion in Costa Rica. Please pray for dry weather!!

Unfortunately, the ziplines were cancelled in Costa Rica when we were there. And, from what I've read, things aren't any better down there.

Perhaps we can get some of that wet weather transferred up to Georgia?? I understand that they still need a lot of rain there! :D

Thanks for all of the wonderful pictures, I almost feel like I've sailed on her before!

A special thanks for the pics of cabin 7086, which will be mine in a short 10 days! I did have one question about the bathroom: how big is the shower? I know there's no bathtub but I was willing to give that up for the location of this cabin.

Thanks for all of the wonderful pictures, I almost feel like I've sailed on her before!

A special thanks for the pics of cabin 7086, which will be mine in a short 10 days! I did have one question about the bathroom: how big is the shower? I know there's no bathtub but I was willing to give that up for the location of this cabin.

You're welcome.

The shower is a standard size shower, as one will find in any inside cabin ... those bathroom units are modular. It's part of the reason why that cabin has that weird chunk of nearly useless pace between the bathroom module and the mid-ship wall.

It's a GREAT cabin, though ... and if it's available when I book I usually try for it.

Greg!!!

What were you doing taking pix of my stateroom?!?!

If I'd have known, I'd have - Um - Uh...

(...Well, I wouldn't have cleaned.)

:cool:

Greg!!!

What were you doing taking pix of my stateroom?!?!

If I'd have known, I'd have - Um - Uh...

(...Well, I wouldn't have cleaned.)

:cool:

Scotty let me see the inside of it when Adele, Christopher, and I went up to get that Bottle of Wine on the last evening aboard ship. I took photos because I know people always want to see what that cabin looks like on the inside! :D

Very nice pictures, Greg. Very nice, indeed. Those pictures of Half Moon Cay kind of make me want to go on the Noordam Reunion-Reunion cruise just to go there (never been, and all, ya know ;) ).

Just as so often I have enjoyed the pictures of your cruise.

Thanks for the visuals. :)

Very nice pictures, Greg. Very nice, indeed. Those pictures of Half Moon Cay kind of make me want to go on the Noordam Reunion-Reunion cruise just to go there (never been, and all, ya know ;) ).

Just as so often I have enjoyed the pictures of your cruise.

Thanks for the visuals. :)

You're most welcome, dearest Ruthless. :)

And, PLEASE, come along! You love HMC ... you'll have your choice of cabana to enjoy and lovely cool water to swim in ... AND a great cruise with great friends to enjoy it all! :D

Greg, thank you for the superb photos amd clips of the Volendam and Panama Canal. I really love looking at your photos, as you cover all aspects of the ship. Brian, I loved what you did with the cabin; in fact, you and the girls had the same decorating scheme.

I noticed on the other board that one of the ducks has now been offered for ransome. I wonder if the duck napper has our duck or ShipMaven's ducks as well.

Heather, You know you'd be welcome to join the Good Nuts too...

;)...

Brian, thank you:) .... and if an when we cruise again I can't think of anyone better to cruise with but the "good nuts"!

For now, we're going to take a little break from cruising (well, after tomorrow;) ) and do some other things we've been wanting to do. Life is too short to put some of these things off.

Greg, thank you for the superb photos amd clips of the Volendam and Panama Canal. I really love looking at your photos, as you cover all aspects of the ship.

You're very welcome, and thank you for your kind words. I enjoy photography, and I love providing a "tour" of the ships I'm on. The last time I was aboard the Volendam I took some photos, but none of the "tour" photos were as good as these. Sometimes it was very difficult to get good lighting; I need to remember to take a tripod on the Rotterdam, because I was having to find places to place my camera for the time-exposure shots and with the ship in-motion it was doubly-difficult to take photos without motion if I had to be holding the camera.

Brian, I loved what you did with the cabin; in fact, you and the girls had the same decorating scheme.

LOL ... let's put it this way ... I don't think Brian and Scotty bothered much with drawers or closet space; they used the couch. :D

I noticed on the other board that one of the ducks has now been offered for ransome. I wonder if the duck napper has our duck or ShipMaven's ducks as well.

<Sigh> One shouldn't treat with terrorists, you know, and don't give in to ransom demands. Remember, if they send 'em home in pieces you can always glue them back together.

Thank you for sharing your pictures and the video. They both are excellent. I love going to the Panama Canal. I've been twice before and will do 2 full transits on my B2B next Nov. You've made me look even more forward to it. Thanks again Revneal.

Sigh ... b2b full transits of the canal sound WONDERFUL! :)

As you can tell from my photos, I love the canal, and look forward to another visit in the future. Next time we do an in-and-out trip I'm going to take one of the shore excursions that will enable me to observe operations from shore.

Archived