When are Cheese & Crackers Available At The Buffet?

ManhattanCruiser

Are there a variety of things at the buffet where we could make a small plate of appetizers to enjoy with wine while getting ready for dinner or sipping wine on our balcony?

Absolutely! We do it every evening which is one of the reasons we put on a few pounds when we cruise:eek: .

I've read posts that people have found cheese and crackers at HC... at least I THINK they meant Horizon Court... but I can't recall having seen them at the times I've been there.

I have always found them.... though the crackers are never close by. I miss the deli meats (or at least a nice selection). They seem to be cutting back on things like salami..... :(

I fixed a plate of crackers, bread stix and, sometimes, cheese stix along with a nice selection of cheese cubes, olives, carrots, broccoli and other goodies almost every evening to enjoy on the aft deck with our sailaway cocktails. I don't know about breakfast and lunch but the Horizon & Cafe Caribe both had goodies after about 5pm. It's a nice treat and a great way to eat your RDA of veggies :p

I fixed a plate of crackers, bread stix and, sometimes, cheese stix along with a nice selection of cheese cubes, olives, carrots, broccoli and other goodies almost every evening to enjoy on the aft deck with our sailaway cocktails.

Delicious!

I fixed a plate of crackers, bread stix and, sometimes, cheese stix along with a nice selection of cheese cubes, olives, carrots, broccoli and other goodies almost every evening to enjoy on the aft deck with our sailaway cocktails. I don't know about breakfast and lunch but the Horizon & Cafe Caribe both had goodies after about 5pm. It's a nice treat and a great way to eat your RDA of veggies :p

Delicious!

I know I am drooling :p

Another new tradition to start!! Thanks for the idea. :)

We always love cheese and crackers before dinner and searched for them a couple weeks ago on the Crown. Cubes of cheese and wrapped crackers...not great. And we were disappointed that they had no cheese plate available on room service (except for charge...and it was more party sized) as RCI did. Princess is my favorite line but this was a bit of a bummer.

• 9 years later...
I've read posts that people have found cheese and crackers at HC... at least I THINK they meant Horizon Court... but I can't recall having seen them at the times I've been there.
I have also seen them in the International Cafe around the cocktail hour, along with dates, walnuts and other goodies.

VERY ship dependent. We had wonderful cheeses in the buffet on our Diamond Princess cruise. On our Sun Princess cruise 8 months later it was Kraft slices and saltines in wrappers. The only brie I had on the Sun Princess was a miniscule piece on an hor doerve.

When we first started cruising in 2013 there was Brie available in the HC...a great big chunk to slice a piece from.

Haven't seen Brie at all in 4 or 5 cruises (except for dessert in the MDR).