My wife wants to change cruise ships after i've already payed in full??!!! HELP??!!!

JDubSC

My wife wants to change cruise ships after i've already payed in full??!!! We are planning on going to the AOS on 1/20/08. She has never flown in an airplane and is trying to sell me on the idea of driving to Miami and cruising out of their (11 hour drive) vs 3.5 hour plane ride??:confused::confused::eek::eek::mad::mad: What are the policy's about changing ships? Thanks

The only way would be to cancel and pay the penalties and then rebook a cruise out of Miami at the current rates, you would also be out your airfare:mad:

What would the penalties be? :mad::mad::mad::mad:

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I purchased the insurance does that make a difference?

I haven't really read the insurance policies, but I don't think that "my wife doesn't want to fly" is listed there.;)

You can be paid in full and change AS LONG AS THE FINAL PAYMENT date has not passed.-which for a 1/08 cruise has passed.

My wife wants to change cruise ships after i've already payed in full??!!! We are planning on going to the AOS on 1/20/08. She has never flown in an airplane and is trying to sell me on the idea of driving to Miami and cruising out of their (11 hour drive) vs 3.5 hour plane ride??:confused::confused::eek::eek::mad::mad: What are the policy's about changing ships? Thanks

Call Royal Caribbean and ask them. They might help you out, but it can't hurt to ask.

11 hours of driving to Miami, and then you have to secure your car for the duration of the cruise.

Tell the wife to get herself in gear and get on the plane to San Juan and stop being a PITA. I hate flying myself, but I do it anyway. Give her a few drinks, followed by a few Vicodin. It works for me. Before she knows it you will be landing in P.R.

Worse comes to worse..............take my wife. Drum roll............

I took the same cruise in 2006 aboard the Serenade. You will have a great time. Even spent a few extra days after the cruise in San Juan.

I don't think the insurance covers to cancel for no reason.

If you purchase insurance through RCI you can cancel for any reason and receive 75% back. We do this as we travel during the winter month, so can always cancel in case we need to stay home because of ice on the road or fallen trees on the house.

If you purchase insurance through RCI you can cancel for any reason and receive 75% back. We do this as we travel during the winter month, so can always cancel in case we need to stay home because of ice on the road or fallen trees on the house.

Then take the remaining 25% out of her hide!!!

Don't you have a girlfriend or someone else that you could take?

I guess I'm in a similar, though not quite as bad, situation as you. Last week we booked a May '08 cruise for the family on CCL Glory, only to find out this week that we have friends sailing the RCI Mariner of the Seas during roughly the same time.

I suppose we can cancel and re-book, but I'm not sure since it's a different cruise line (although it was booked via an independent TA).

I guess I'm in a similar, though not quite as bad, situation as you. Last week we booked a May '08 cruise for the family on CCL Glory, only to find out this week that we have friends sailing the RCI Mariner of the Seas during roughly the same time.

I suppose we can cancel and re-book, but I'm not sure since it's a different cruise line (although it was booked via an independent TA).

You are still able to get a full refund if you cancel a cruise in May 08

If you aren't in the penalty phase (which I don't think you are), then you should be able to cancel and rebook with no problem.

I am available to go on a cruise at the drop of a hat, lol! And, I don't mind flying at all...

Me too! :)

Seriously though the flight isn't too bad - tell her she can book an extra spa appointment or have a few more drinks or you can hit some of the great outlets in San Juan before you board - they have a Coach outlet :) Shopping or spa incentives wouldn't work for me but I love to fly and cruise so I'm easy!

And the Southern Iterinary should be a blast and beautiful!

Archived