Cruiseline Loyality?

Desert star

I don't know if you could accually call it loyality, but does anyone else tend to go with lines that they have traveled before?

I know there are many of you that branch out, but when I go to book a new cruise I always tend check NCL and Princess first. Maybe because I feel like I know what I am getting.

I have only cruised with Regent, but that doesn't mean that's where my only loyalty lies. I would consider other luxury lines if they had the itinerary I wanted. I would be unlikely to do a mass market line instead, but I would change lines within the category I've cruised in.

We are extremely loyal and only sail HAL now. In the past, we sailed other cruise lines approximatelya 13 or so times and now have no wish to sail anyone but HAL....

See my favorite logo below. :D

I'm not necessarily loyal but have found RC and Princess to be good fits for us. If another line has a better price on the itinerary I want, I would not hesitate to book it.

Do you find RCl to be albout the same quality as Princess. They always seem to be priced slightly higher, but I am wonering if you think it is worth it?

Do you find RCl to be albout the same quality as Princess. They always seem to be priced slightly higher, but I am wonering if you think it is worth it?

Yes, they seem very comparable. I think Princess food is better, but RC has more amenities onboard. I think service is about the same. I don't recall constant announcements on either, which is something we'd prefer to dodge. We don't go to shows, so cannot evaluate entertainment.

I've sailed Carnival, Princess and RCI. Most of my sailings have been on Carnival, but not because of loyalty. I like each line for different reasons, so I commonly refer to them as my 3 preferred lines. I avoid NCL because of "Freestyle" cruising. Since I have been cruising for so long, I guess I can be classified as a traditionalist. I see Carnival as being high energy and neon (This is good when I'm travelling with the nieces and nephews), always plenty to do 24/7. I see Princess as pastel and serene. Princess offers basically the same activities and amenities as Carnival, but on a much sudued level. There's something of a casual elegance here. I also like the Personal Choice Dining. Although similar to NCL's Freestyle Cruising, proper attire is still called for at dinner time. With Freestyle, it's the luck of the draw what the majority of people will wear to dinner. As for RCI, I see them as a cutabove, like a fine hotel. Yes, they have plenty of amenities and activities. Their ships are more "hotelish" in the interior and they do to tend to be a bit more pricey than the rest, but I also see them as a bit more upscale. I enjoy my preferred 3 for my own reasons. I choose each one depending upon the type of vacation I'm looking for at that time. Hope this helps you. Happy Cruising :)

I would not call it loyalty so much as a good fit. We've sailed on Carnival, Norwegian, Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, Princess, and Holland America. I actively look at cruises offered by the last three. I might consider another Royal Caribbean cruise on a Radiance-class ship. I ignore the email deals I get about Carnival and Norwegian. I might go on them again if it were a free cruise.

I prefer Princess over NCL just because of their "freestyle" cruising. Their ships are nice, and I like the different items in different diningrooms but I find that it is a little too casual for me. Forget the jeans in the dining rooms at night issue, a guy next to me wore his "Got Wood" t-shirt and they actually let him in. I could go on, but the NCL people will defend their "we will do what we what, when we want" philosophy.

We continue to sail with Princess because we enjoy the level of service, the amenities (especially now that we are platinum) and particularly the itineraries. We have used other lines when need be, but prefer to stay with Princess.

Charlie

What a great post, I appreciate the reviews since I have never cruised.

CJM, I really appreciate your review based on style. We have agonized over our first cruise choice. Ultimately decided on Carnival since the ports and cost were so much better. We are traveling with a 22 year old and don't have anything to compare to it so I am hoping we will be happy with our decision. Your review made me feel better.

we are for the most part loyal RC cruisers...its not so much loyalty just for the sake of loyalty, but more b/c when you find a line that gives you a great experience and meets your expectations you have a certain level of comfort going with them again

We tend to be loyal to RCCI because we have just gotten to the point where we are Diamond C&A members, so there are a few more amenities through their loyalty program. But we also prefer RCCI because they operate the most ships through our local ports (Port Canaveral primarily, and then south Florida).

We read not-so-great reviews of the Carnival ships that sail from here, so we haven't taken a chance on them. We find that RCCI fits us nicely, although I'm not averse to trying Princess or HAL ... or even Regent Seven Seas or Cunard if we come into a windfall!

No loyalty what so ever. We first cruised RC to Alaska – awesome – but it was our first cruise with nothing to compare it to. Our second cruise was Celebrity in the Mediterranean – it was a great cruise because of the ports but the service was terrible. Our HAL southern Caribbean out of Norfolk was wonderful. Then we did an eastern Caribbean with Carnival, a round trip Princess LA/Hawaii, and a western Caribbean with Carnival. Carnival was so much fun. Princess service and ambiance was unbelievable. We’re not loyal to any cruise line per se, but our preference so far runs toward Carnival, Princess, and HAL in that order. Our future cruises will depend on itinerary and who has the better price for where we want to go.

We have absolutely no loyalty to any cruise line. We find the cheapest cruise line going someplace warm, usually Eastern Carib since that's what we prefer, and we go! We've done quite a few Carnival's, because they tend to be pretty cheap, but have also done Princess once, Celebrity twice, and I'll be going on my first NCL soon. My parents have done NCL and RCCI without me :(

One of our Celeb. cruises, we were on the last sailing the ship ever took, after us, it was made into scrap metal, probably. I've been on a bunch of cruises, so nothing really stands out and I have a problem keeping all the cruises straight, but I remember on the first Celebrity ship, the cabin door didn't open all the way when they made the beds up for night, since we had to have a rollaway in there.

What a great post, I appreciate the reviews since I have never cruised.

CJM, I really appreciate your review based on style. We have agonized over our first cruise choice. Ultimately decided on Carnival since the ports and cost were so much better. We are traveling with a 22 year old and don't have anything to compare to it so I am hoping we will be happy with our decision. Your review made me feel better.

Glad it helped. Hope you have a great trip and remember, always enter the vacation with an open mind. In the end, it is what you make out of it. Go in with no expectations and you'll be surprised just how well things turn out. No cruise line is perfect but, each line has their niche.

Happy Cruising.

I don't know if you could accually call it loyality, but does anyone else tend to go with lines that they have traveled before?

I know there are many of you that branch out, but when I go to book a new cruise I always tend check NCL and Princess first. Maybe because I feel like I know what I am getting.

We tend to stick to Princess because as you mention, it is a known entity. We also like the variety of itineraries that give us a wide choice of where we can travel.

We will always consider, and have sailed other lines... but usually look to Princess first.

We have cruised 5 times with Princess but I find their schedule and mine doesn't match anymore (I am a teacher and June and early July are the only times we can schedule a cruise of any length).

Rolling the dice this time and booking Norwegian.

We have cruised 5 times with Princess but I find their schedule and mine doesn't match anymore (I am a teacher and June and early July are the only times we can schedule a cruise of any length).

Rolling the dice this time and booking Norwegian.

If you gather enough information and go prepared it is not such a roll of the dice.

Yes, it will be different than traditional. But, that is what we like about it.

PE

• 2 weeks later...

Other than my very first cruise, we have always cruised Royal Caribbean. We have been happy for the most part, and like the ships, amenities and itineraries. In the future I plan to look at other cruise lines for different itineraries and maybe a more upscale, personalized, experience now that our son will be going off to college (if we can afford it).

Archived