For all those who have booked or are going to book the AOS - read this!

ckrobyn

The only thing I don't like on Adventure of the Seas is the statue of the painter on a ladder hanging in the promenade. He looks like a Blues Brother - not my idea of ship style. :)

Otherwise I love everything else about this ship - the crew most importantly. Just look down and around while walking through the promenade and you won't see the ugly feature. ;)

Just of Adventure last Sunday, had a great week. Despite all the bashing going on in some threads, I have to say that the ship still looks great and the service remains top notch!

Three observations:

1. The embarkation process was held up till almost 1 pm...again! Was told by several staff that they are having problems with people just not getting off of the ship...hanging out by pool and in other public areas not following any announced directions.

2. Was also told by several staff and crew that that RCCL is now forcing rotation of staff from ship to ship. So of our two favorite bartenders, one is just there from Voyager (told that he was moved because Voyager is going to Asia and he was not Asian)(heard that from several staff). The other long time Adventure crew is being moved to Enchantment. So some turmoil in the crew ranks in that regard.

Important to note that this did not result in any service quality decrease that I observed.

3. The passenger demographic on our cruise was what I consider typical for San Juan: lots of PR locals (~2,000). I observed no behavior issues the whole week, although I admit we avoid most of the things that have a lot of lines. But elevators were OK, and it was as usual just a lot of people enjoying their vacation.

There was a noted difference about the higher cost venues, eg Portofinos and Champagne Bar were very empty all week. A lower spending group in general - not because of any point of origin, just seemed to be not spending as much overall.

But we had a blast, can't wait till next time!

bobj

I'm curious to see this thread I'm going to have to do some research. People can be so negative & sometimes it's people that live in their own protective sheltered bubble or people that are highly tiered in the loyalty program who feel entitled to everything and are just narrowminded and unrealistic. Eww.

I can't wait to sail!!!

I just had to check in here after writing a positive post on the AOS bashing thread.

Okay...... I feel better now.

Boarding in 60 days!!!!! Yay!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I take all of that with a grain of salt , people can really be , not even sure the word I want use , but I am sure its not nice LOL. This will be our 5th time out of San Juan 3rd time on the AOS we have never run into any problems other than the fact they may be a little loud , but hey they are having fun and are usually in large groups as they tend to travel in families. But I aways been treated with respect and never have had any problems , other than I dont speak spanish and cant join in the fun with them LOL.

Merry Christmas! Just wanted to pop around and say I've joined the club:D I was on AOS 11/25 & 12/2/12 (both my first time on AOS and first b2b) and had one of the best cruises ever. People talk about the ship being older but it is really well maintained so its age didn't even register with me. The crew were incredible. John is the cabin attendant of my dreams:D Across the board the bartenders/waiters were excellent. Olga and the rest of folks at Guest Relations were off the charts. The only exceptions were the MDR waiters on the first cruise but that was easily overlooked in light of how great the rest of the crew were and I changed tables for the second cruise and Louie & Marco were the best.

I've read some of the negative posts regarding the recent AOS sailings and was on board with a few of those posters. All I can say is 99% of what happened on AOS has happened on every cruise I've taken and I've witnessed far worse on other ships.

I tried to book another B2B on AOS for right after Thanksgiving next year but it is so popular it is impossible to get the same cabin for both cruises so I'm booked on Jewel. Still, I plan to keep an eye on AOS for those dates and will jump at the chance to switch.

Warmest wishes for the New Year!

I just had to check in here after writing a positive post on the AOS bashing thread.

Okay...... I feel better now.

Boarding in 60 days!!!!! Yay!!!!

Can you direct me to the AOS bashing thread?

why do you feel the need to post here, the fact that you think you wrote a positive post?

Has anyone stayed at the Marriott Stellaris lately? I know the Lobby has been renovated, wondering about the rooms?

Robyn we were at the Marriott Stellaris in March ... no issues with our room or the lobby then. We are staying again in March ... so if you stay or check it out please share!

Ooh how did you change your font color?

When you post your reply in the box ... at top near the center is the font size (a number) and beside it a capital A with a line beneath it & a downward arrow beside it ... that is the color ... click on the down arrow to pick your color!

When you post your reply in the box ... at top near the center is the font size (a number) and beside it a capital A with a line beneath it & a downward arrow beside it ... that is the color ... click on the down arrow to pick your color!

But, if you care, your color is really hard to read against a white background. Just saying.

Ah, you must be on a computer, not using Tapatalk. I must agree, it is a little difficult to read, yes.

I wish CC had a mobile version or that Tapatalk would show people's headers & their signatures. Oh well.... I'm cruising in 8 Sundays and that's all that really matters in life!!!! :)

Robyn we were at the Marriott Stellaris in March ... no issues with our room or the lobby then. We are staying again in March ... so if you stay or check it out please share!

Mare - we are staying 2 nights at the Stellaris before our cruise in February :) I will be taking and posting pics! Thinking of having dinner at Barrachina's - have you eaten there?

why would you want to bash the Adventure - we did 4 weeks Nov/Dec 2012 and will go back for 4 weeks on 20 Jan 2013 - a fabulous ship with even more fabulous staff

I think there is a misunderstanding here? I would never bash my favorite ship!

Can you direct me to the AOS bashing thread?

why do you feel the need to post here, the fact that you think you wrote a positive post?

No need to direct you - if you want to see it, you can probably find it.

Why did I feel the need to post here? Probably a.) because I started this thread almost 6 years ago b.) It's a thread where people share their love of the Adventure of the Seas and c.) because we needed a bump up to the top anyways!!

Why did I feel the need to post here? Probably a.) because I started this thread almost 6 years ago b.) It's a thread where people share their love of the Adventure of the Seas and c.) because we needed a bump up to the top anyways!!

Robyn, we are leaving tomorrow on the Adventure!! Will take good care of your favorite ship!! Happy New Year!!:):)

I was going to respond to that post but I thought it was too rude to bother.

Archived