For all those who have booked or are going to book the AOS - read this!

ckrobyn

There was never any self serv pizza in Adventure's Cafe that I can remember. It has always been necessary to ask for what you wanted.

It was closed for about 4 or 5 days. Then they opened the service part and contiued working on the seating area. A few days later it was all open. They moved the cafe to the Imperial Lounge during the work but only pastries and tea and coffee etc. (no pizza).

We heard there was a problem with a sueage pipe and they had to lift the floor to repair it.

It wasn't that bad as they still had some tables and chairs on the promenade to sit once you got the coffee.

Alex

Why would the Cafe Promenade ever be closed? :rolleyes:

Can you sense my horror? :eek:

You I was like :eek::eek: when I saw that post I was like dont tell me that have come up some new and improved thing to replace that . Take away my ranger cookies and quit sailing :D

You I was like :eek::eek: when I saw that post I was like dont tell me that have come up some new and improved thing to replace that . Take away my ranger cookies and quit sailing :D

Lucky it was only pizza they stopped. Cookies were still available

Hubby and I are sailing Adventure on 1/6/2013 (and 1/13/2013 - our first B2B!) for our honeymoon. Anyone recently returned who can tell us whether Adventure now has the new MDR menu or the same old standards?

Thanks!

Just got off AOS on Sunday. They have the new menus. The food was great! No complaints here.

Just got off AOS on Sunday. They have the new menus. The food was great! No complaints here.

Thanks for letting us know! I am looking forward to some new selections on the menus in the MDR. I have found on the past few cruises that I was eating in the WJ a lot more than normal because I was really bored with the menus!

Can you comment on the overall appearance of the ship? The crew?

Glad you had a great cruise! :)

Thanks to Rupertsfrog and ckrobyn for your answers to my questions. Only one month before we can see this baby live !

Hoping to find some nice gluten-free options on the menu :D

Gluten free..... they are doing good and are improving

On the menu I can highly recommend the creme brulee dessert which is there every night! Are you dining MTD? I can answer any GF questions you might have..... or at least try to....

Gluten free..... they are doing good and are improving

On the menu I can highly recommend the creme brulee dessert which is there every night! Are you dining MTD? I can answer any GF questions you might have..... or at least try to....

Cool ! I am a little more than gluten-free... more like paleo but if a have a little grains or sugar for a few days it won't kill me.

Yes, we are MTD. I have seen the Portofino menu which offers a fez GF options also, we'll try it for at least one or two nights.

Hello Robin& Cris!

Great thread you have going on here. This will be my 3rd ' 4th time on board the AOS. All your statements are validated by me!

Feb cannot come soon enough!

Hi Ria :) I started this thread a few years ago in response to all the negative comments about San Juan and the AOS. I would like to think it has helped to alleviate a lot of people's fears and many have come back here to share their positive experiences!

See you onboard!!!! :D

Robyn,

Many often make assumptions about departure ports. It's something that does add personality to each trip. People often think that departing from NY often means lots of obnoxious NJ & NYorkers on board. Funny though, you often see many Brits & Europeans visiting NY and while in NY they get the bonus of taking a cruise! I recently sailed out of Baltimore and we had sooo many locals on board. Big baseball & football sports fans as the Yankees played Balt Orioles! A fun group! I even cruised out of Santo Domingo when RCI had the Legend OTS docked there. Our Cruise Director was bilingual & everything was duplicated.. including TWO Quests! Many French, German, Italian & Spanish families were on board! It all adds spice & a less than boring trip!

I can't wait to sail in February. The best part of sailing from PR is that you have beautiful weather on the spot! No need to sail for 2 days to get to it! I enjoy the AOS. This thread was a great idea.

I can't wait to sail in February. The best part of sailing from PR is that you have beautiful weather on the spot! No need to sail for 2 days to get to it! I enjoy the AOS. This thread was a great idea.

There is nothing like the feeling of getting on a plane when it is 30 degrees outside and then walking out of the airport in San Juan and getting hit with 80 degree warmth. Completely awesome.:)

Ria, I agree completely! Being from Canada, by the time February rolls around we are really craving some sunshine and hot temps! San Juan offers immediate amazing weather!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robyn ... I agree with you. Same need for warmth & sun in Upstate NY .... the planning for the March cruise is what gets me through the cold & gray winter.

I think this thread is long overdue.

Each week I see at least 2-3 posts regarding the Adventure of the Seas, people who have booked and are now afraid they made a mistake - and people who have yet to book, that may not ever book because of what they read on here.

As many of you know, I have cruised on the AOS 3 times and have had wonderful cruise vacations on all 3. I am sailing again next month on my 2nd B2B on the AOS and I am eagerly anticipating another fantastic cruise! :)

Here are a few commonly asked questions about the AOS:

Q: Does the AOS have a large amount of Puerto Ricans sailing on her for most cruises?

A: Yes, there are Puerto Rican's on cruises out of San Juan. It is their home port and I would be very surprised if they weren't.

Q: Are the announcements in Spanish as well as English?

A: Yes they are. Is it an issue? No.

Q: Are Puerto Ricans rude and rowdy?

A: No more rude and rowdy than other passengers I have seen on other ships and other itineraries. Puerto Ricans are a lively bunch :)

Q: Is the AOS a sick ship, or more prone to Noro than other ships?

A: No. The AOS has as much chance of a noro outbreak as any other ship in the RCI fleet.

Q: I have booked the AOS and after reading negative reviews, I want to cancel - what should I do?

A: You can cancel you cruise if you want, but you will be missing out on a fantastic cruise on a great ship sailing on a wonderful itinerary!

I do understand that some people have had negative experiences on the AOS - but the same can be said for any other ship. There will always be people cutting in line, pushing elevator buttons, chair hogging and the list goes on......unfortunately, some people like to leave their manners at home :(

My experiences have been terrific on the AOS and I would encourage anyone to sail on her and see for themselves what a great ship she is!!

Yes....I am an AOS cheerleader, and proud of it!!!

I totally agree with you 100%, I cannot understand why it gets such a bad rep when it is totally unjustified. I just got off the JOS and there were more than a fair share of rude people and none of then were hispanic.

I totally agree with you 100%, I cannot understand why it gets such a bad rep when it is totally unjustified. I just got off the JOS and there were more than a fair share of rude people and none of then were hispanic.

Thank you for sharing - I will now agree with you 100%!

I just had to check in here after writing a positive post on the AOS bashing thread.

Okay...... I feel better now.

Boarding in 60 days!!!!! Yay!!!!

We're boarding in 25 days, and I can't wait! It'll be our 15th sailing out of San Juan, but first on anything larger than a Radiance class ship, and I'm really looking forward to it!

I just had to check in here after writing a positive post on the AOS bashing thread.

I'm with you on that other thread . . can't believe what I am reading. can't wait to board Adventure on Sunday.

I didn't understand half of the complaints on that thread. Mostly it seemed like some rediculous expectations. The rest was the same drival that we have read about for years but that I have yet to ever encounter when I have been on the ship.

Archived