For all those who have booked or are going to book the AOS - read this!

ckrobyn

We are planning a cruise on AOS in January 2014.

I would like to know a couple things about her cabins as it's hard to find specific info about the balconies.

I found some info and pictures about her aft balconies, so that's cleared up. Here are my questions:

1) Do just the balconies on deck 6 have the half wall half glass panel or do all of them?

2)Do any of the cabins have connecting balconies? Or are there just connecting staterooms?

We are planning a cruise on AOS in January 2014.

I would like to know a couple things about her cabins as it's hard to find specific info about the balconies.

I found some info and pictures about her aft balconies, so that's cleared up. Here are my questions:

1) Do just the balconies on deck 6 have the half wall half glass panel or do all of them? Balconies on deck 6 have a steel wall, with no glass. Balconies on other decks have half steel and half glass.

2)Do any of the cabins have connecting balconies? Or are there just connecting staterooms?No balcony dividers can be opened on Adventure.

See answers in RED.

I'll try to post an example if I can find one.

See answers in RED.

I'll try to post an example if I can find one.

Ahhh perfect that clears up those questions.

I know what you mean by the full steel wall and the half and half now. I was just a bit confused.

Also I know this is the AOS thread but our other option for a Carrib cruise in Jan 2014 is the Jewel. Do you know if that ship has connecting balconies?

We are pretty much decided to book on AOS but connecting balconies with another group may be a deal breaker.

Ahhh perfect that clears up those questions.

I know what you mean by the full steel wall and the half and half now. I was just a bit confused.

Also I know this is the AOS thread but our other option for a Carrib cruise in Jan 2014 is the Jewel. Do you know if that ship has connecting balconies?

We are pretty much decided to book on AOS but connecting balconies with another group may be a deal breaker.

I've no direct experience on Jewel, but I believe I've read posts here on CC that say no Radiance class balconies can be opened.

The ships that I know have balcony partitions that can be opened are:

Navigator, Mariner, Freedom, Liberty, Independence, Oasis, and Allure.

Even though a ship has balcony partitions that can be opened, it does not mean it will be allowed. It's up to the ship's management.

Bob

I've no direct experience on Jewel, but I believe I've read posts here on CC that say no Radiance class balconies can be opened.

The ships that I know have balcony partitions that can be opened are:

Navigator, Mariner, Freedom, Liberty, Independence, Oasis, and Allure.

Even though a ship has balcony partitions that can be opened, it does not mean it will be allowed. It's up to the ship's management.

Bob

Ahh perfect thanks for the info Bob. So basically they didn't start doing that with their ships until the 2nd generation Voyager ships.

Just giving my favorite thread a bump up to where it belongs! :)

Is it February 17th yet? :rolleyes: Can't wait to be onboard - feels like forever since we skipped last year and did a B2B on the Freedom.

Does anyone have pics of Owner's Suite 1300? Would love to see them :D

We paid for and picked our seats because I won't fly unless I get an aisle seat. The extra cost was worth it for me.

Thats what I did too. It only cost me $25.00 to book our seats there and back. I thought it was going to be $25.00 per seat there and $25.00 per seat back but was pleasantly surpriesed!

Don't yet, but will have the cabin next door in December, I can get some pics for you then if you'd like.

bobj

Yes PLEASE!

I have 1300 for 2 weeks and I am beyond excited :D There are some pretty cool video's on YouTube, but would love to see your pics firsthand!!!! Thanks :)

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Guys!

Is Portofino still the only specialty restaurant on board....or did they change that over to Giovani's Table yet? Any other specialty restaurants been added recently?

Great question - wish I had the answer :rolleyes:

My hunch is that Portofino is still the only specialty restaurant onboard....maybe someone who knows for sure can chime in?

I am not aware of any recent dry docking and I think the transformation would take a bit of doing that isn't going to be accomplished while the ship is cruising.

Hi Doc,

We're taking the Brilliance for Thanksgiving out of San Juan. Just wondered if you had any experience with that ship.

thanks,

Merle

Hi Doc,

We're taking the Brilliance for Thanksgiving out of San Juan. Just wondered if you had any experience with that ship.

thanks,

Merle

Nope. But I have been on sister ship Serenade. Anything in particular you would like to know?

Nope. But I have been on sister ship Serenade. Anything in particular you would like to know?

I was hoping to find out if they had the new menu yet (search didn't help) and what you like or dislike about that class of ship. I remembered you like sailing out of SJ so I was watching for a post from you.

I was hoping to find out if they had the new menu yet (search didn't help) and what you like or dislike about that class of ship. I remembered you like sailing out of SJ so I was watching for a post from you.

I love sailing out of San Juan. The southern itineraries are awesome. What I like most about the Radiance class ships is that the covered solarium is at times a welcome retreat from the southern Caribbean heat. It is also cool to be able to see the ocean from just about anywhere you happen to be inside the ship. There really is a lot of glass. What we missed was the Royal Promenade. We really enjoy hanging out there in the evenings.

I don't know if you have been to the southern Caribbean before but if you have any questions about the islands just ask away.

I love sailing out of San Juan. The southern itineraries are awesome. What I like most about the Radiance class ships is that the covered solarium is at times a welcome retreat from the southern Caribbean heat. It is also cool to be able to see the ocean from just about anywhere you happen to be inside the ship. There really is a lot of glass. What we missed was the Royal Promenade. We really enjoy hanging out there in the evenings.

I don't know if you have been to the southern Caribbean before but if you have any questions about the islands just ask away.

I have a question.....when and where is your next cruise?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Archived