For all those who have booked or are going to book the AOS - read this!

ckrobyn

Hi - I have been reading this whole thread as I think about booking the AOS for Feb 2013...we are just looking at OV for now, no balconies or suites for us! The cabins available are on Deck 2, which is fine with me, we like low/mid ship anyway -- but on doing my due diligence here looking at deck plans it looks like they are under Studio B! I am afraid it might get loud at night with the late activities like the Quest (we are early birds and will have our 11 and 13 yr old sons with us). I have no sense of the sounds that travel between floors - would you worry about noise? The only other cabins I'm seeing are directly across from the aft elevators on Deck 2... I appreciate any advice - thanks :)

Studio B is in the center of the ship and goes down to deck 2. There are no cabins under it.

You will find THAT is an understatement! LOL!! The Promenade of the ship in HUGE! Just wait until you have to get back to your cabin on the other side of the ship! Lots more walking ahead in your future! The Liberty of the Seas is a wonderful ship! What a great ship to travel on the Mediterranean! Enjoy!

Voyager class ships are 1020 ft long. Freedom class ships are 1112 Ft. Both classes have the same beam of about 127 ft. depending on where the measurement is taken from. There really is not that much difference in lenght of a Voyager vs. Freedom class promenade. Now, if you want to talk about walking, Oasis and Allure are a completely different issue.

OceanBoy - Thanks but I'm still confused - I guess what I'm seeing on the deck plans is:

- Cabin 2292 is next to the Deck 2 level of Studio B

- Deck 3 Studio B has no cabins on either side, it goes full port to starboard

So it looks on the plans like the Deck 3 level of Studio B is indeed over some cabins.

Does that make sense? I would love to be mistaken, can you help? In any case, being next to Deck 2 Level still might be noisy, correct? Thanks for your time :)

OceanBoy - Thanks but I'm still confused - I guess what I'm seeing on the deck plans is:

- Cabin 2292 is next to the Deck 2 level of Studio B

- Deck 3 Studio B has no cabins on either side, it goes full port to starboard

So it looks on the plans like the Deck 3 level of Studio B is indeed over some cabins.

Does that make sense? I would love to be mistaken, can you help? In any case, being next to Deck 2 Level still might be noisy, correct? Thanks for your time :)

OK, now I understand what you are talking about. I have not heard about complaints of noise in those cabins in my years on these boards. I have, however, stayed on deck 2 of Voyager and Freedom class ships. I have not heard noise from anything down on deck 2 BUT I personally would only consider cabins further aft (toward the back of the ship) than 2292 and 2592 on the other side of the ship. Just moving a couple of cabins further aft would put you into a safer zone as far as I am concerned. If you look at cabin 2296, the blank space that you see in the center of the deck is crew quarters. And above on deck 3 are venues that would be very quiet at night as the photo gallary is closed. And if you move to the port side of the ship it would put you inder passenger cabins.

Feel free to ask if you have more questions.

Hi - no balconies or suites for us! The cabins available are on Deck 2, which is fine with me, we like low/mid ship anyway --looks like they are under Studio B! I am afraid it might get loud at night with the late activities like the Quest (we are early birds and will have our 11 and 13 yr old sons with us). thanks :)

Did you call RCCL directly about available rooms? Alot of times there are additional cabins available than what are shown on their website or agents know about due to cabin change requests and cancellations not made public. IMHO I would think you would be happier finding a cabin that is not under a location that has late night activity or near an elevator where people tend to congregate.

No, I've only looked at the website - I will make a call - thank you for the suggestion.

Glad to help! Could you let us know if you had any sucess and how many more cabins for your requirements were actually available for your cruise choice? Inquiring minds would love to know!

Glad to help! Could you let us know if you had any sucess and how many more cabins for your requirements were actually available for your cruise choice? Inquiring minds would love to know!

So I called there are more cabins available - looking at 2232 which is aft but under the dining room which I think will be quieter...the ones online were either the last aft cabins or right at the elevators/studio B so yes, there were others on the phone that were not shown online. Thanks for the advice, now we have to decide about going ahead and booking!

So I called there are more cabins available - looking at 2232 which is aft but under the dining room which I think will be quieter...the ones online were either the last aft cabins or right at the elevators/studio B so yes, there were others on the phone that were not shown online. Thanks for the advice, now we have to decide about going ahead and booking!

What sailing are you looking at? We may be able to help more if we can also see what is available. Or did I miss that somewhere?

What sailing are you looking at? We may be able to help more if we can also see what is available. Or did I miss that somewhere?

We're looking at Adventure of the Seas on 2/17/13 - been to St Thomas and can't wait to return, looking forward to St. Kitts/Aruba/Curacao!

We're looking at Adventure of the Seas on 2/17/13 - been to St Thomas and can't wait to return, looking forward to St. Kitts/Aruba/Curacao!

I can't wait for this itinerary either :D

Cabin locations are limited in the cat H category. How about a cat I (3614) or a

cat G (7682, 7382, 6682, 6382 - aft). There are cat G at the bow that face forward too but that has the potential for more movement....

There is no cabin 2232. Don't be afraid of cabins near the elevators. The elevators are in alcoves so you will hear no noise from them. Those cabins are very convenient locations.

And by the way, that is an awesome itinerary that you are doing. I love every one of those islands.

oops = typo - it's 2332 Ocean Boy.

LEtue - I don't see any Cat G when I search - perhaps they don't have the option of 4 occupants? That's all I can think of...

Ther are 5 available on deck 3 but they are all connecting cabins. I would not take them unless you want to get two cabins and put the kids in the second one. There are 5 on deck six and three on deck seven. On deck six and seven they face the bow of the ship. I am pretty sure that Category G cabins only take 2 people. At this time I can see 15 category I cabins which hold 2 people and 15 category H cabins that can hold 4 people. If I were booking today for 4 people, I would snap up 2318. It is a great location right by the elevators.

Ther are 5 available on deck 3 but they are all connecting cabins. I would not take them unless you want to get two cabins and put the kids in the second one. There are 5 on deck six and three on deck seven. On deck six and seven they face the bow of the ship. I am pretty sure that Category G cabins only take 2 people. At this time I can see 15 category I cabins which hold 2 people and 15 category H cabins that can hold 4 people. If I were booking today for 4 people, I would snap up 2318. It is a great location right by the elevators.

I was originally afraid to be too close to the elevators so thanks for clarifying! I'll give a call and try to switch cabins...

You've both been so much help! Thanks for your time :)

oops = typo - it's 2332 Ocean Boy.

LEtue - I don't see any Cat G when I search - perhaps they don't have the option of 4 occupants? That's all I can think of...

Sorry I was away from the computer for a while. Must have missed the quad requirement too so let me look!

3618 and 3600 are available and don't connect to other cabins :)

I also see: 3548, 3550, 3556, 3558, 3560, 3562, 3568, 3250, 3256, 3258, 3260, 3262 and 3268.

Good luck!

I was originally afraid to be too close to the elevators so thanks for clarifying! I'll give a call and try to switch cabins...

You've both been so much help! Thanks for your time :)

You will really appreciate this location when you are at ports of call. Adventure uses deck 1 for its gangways. When you are ready to leave the ship you just walk down one flight of stairs and you are at the gangway. When you return from port you can walk past all the people waiting for elevators, go up one flight of stairs and you are home!

Question: is a balcony worth it on AOS because of the port intensive stops. Another words, have you used your balcony. Or......is the iew just too much to miss leaving and coming into port? Thanks

For us it absolutely was. Loved it. We love being able to see the posts as we come and go. And of course in the evenings to sit and enjoy the breezes and unwind before we go to bed.

Erika

Question: is a balcony worth it on AOS because of the port intensive stops. Another words, have you used your balcony. Or......is the iew just too much to miss leaving and coming into port? Thanks

I must say ... we first had an inside cabin but missed the daylight. We then had an outside cabin & the daylight was very good (I like to wake when the sun comes up!) For our 25th Anniversary cruise decided to have a balcony .... not sure we'll ever cruise without one now!!!

We certainly do not spend alot of time in our cabin ... but when we are the door is open and one of us is usually sitting outside! Especially coming in/out of the ports.

Be cautious however ... once you have a balcony you will always want a balcony!!! Now you have been properly warned (I was & thought it won't matter .... it does!!!)

Certainly anywhere on the AOS is great!!!

I must say ... we first had an inside cabin but missed the daylight. We then had an outside cabin & the daylight was very good (I like to wake when the sun comes up!) For our 25th Anniversary cruise decided to have a balcony .... not sure we'll ever cruise without one now!!!

We certainly do not spend alot of time in our cabin ... but when we are the door is open and one of us is usually sitting outside! Especially coming in/out of the ports.

Be cautious however ... once you have a balcony you will always want a balcony!!! Now you have been properly warned (I was & thought it won't matter .... it does!!!)

Certainly anywhere on the AOS is great!!!

You should not leave your balcony door open. There is a sign on the door.

• 3 weeks later...
Not sure, but that would typically be the week that the Adventure goes Transatlantic, if that means anything... I do think that it's scheduled for dry dock at some point in the next couple of years, but it would generally be for more than a week!

We just tried to book our January 2014 cruise while on board the Freedom a few weeks ago. We couldn't book AOS because she was scheduled for dry dock in January 2014.

I routinely pack a power strip/surge protector in my cruise luggage. But on my last two cruises on the Allure and the Freedom, I did not use it. How many electric outlets does a JS on the Adventure have? Is that the same number or fewer than on the larger ships?

Archived