Barcelona Hotels - Recommendations (merged)

Good Morning again all,

After comparing prices and trying to get a handle on location(and reading hotel reviews).....Le Meridien is 150 dollars more than then the same stay at the Apsis Atrium Palace for two july days precruise(1091 vs 950). This includes transfers to the pier.

I was hoping someone may have stayed in both. I know that there has been significant discussion on the "hardness" of the beds at the Atrium but that it is away from Las Ramblas so it is quieter.

Thank you for your feedback

n

Have not stayed at the Apsis. Did stay at Le Meridien.

Beds were very nice - really luxurious. We experienced no noise at all from Las Ramblas altho there were activities going on all day/night. Our room was very quiet. We could walk out the door and be right in the heart of the activity.

Hope this helps

Texancruzer,

I know that the Atrium has a pool. If we are there in July, it would be nice to have access to one. Do you remember if they had a pool? I looked online on their website and there is no mention. Just confirming.

Tx

N

I stayed at Atrium Palace in 2005 and again 2007. Different rooms, same decent mattress. Not " heavenly" , just standard, and certainly not hard.

Windows facing back are not noise resistant, unlike the ones facing front.

I have not seen the pool, but apparently it is quite tiny.

The Palace is a big favorite of mine. Nice place, great location. Check out the cost of booking directly versus through the crusie lines.

I am not a fan of the Havana. Also it is bit out of the "action" -- not horribly so, but a walk to any/all of the siights.

I last stayed at the Condes six years ago. Then it was a nice, business-style hotel. I love the area, it is 6 or 7 blocks north of the Placa Catalunya.

Paul

Has anyone ever stayed at the Hesperia Del Port? It's a 3 star hotel that is VERY close to the pier and relatively cheap by Barcelona standards (our stay in June is about 117 euros a night per room).

http://www.hesperia.com/hotels/Hesperia-Del-Port/

Would love input from anyone who's stayed there!

Preds, We have made reservations at this place for a one night stay over in early May. We found it on Hotels.com. Price and location look great. The reviews on tripadivsor were decent.

I too would be interested in comments from other Cruise Critics who may have stayed at this hotel.

Have reservations at the Aspis Atrium and the Hotel Continental Placente for 2 nights Sept. 8-10 following our cruise on the Century. Which is the better choice? They both sound great based on CruiseCritic and TripAdvisor reviews. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I used www.venere.com to book their sister hotel, they were a little cheaper than than the hotel's own website. http://www.hotelcontinental.com/

Beware of hotel booking sites that do not allow for cancellations and that do not include the value added tax in the price. The VAT can run to almost 20%.

what is hotel continental sister hotel? could not find on venere

The sister hotel is Hotel Continental Palacete. They are both on the same website. The Palacete is more expensive than Hotel Continental, but not outrageous as compared to other Barcelona hotels.

I have been looking at the Apsis Atrium Palace, Hotel Colon, and Continental Palacete. They all seem close to Las Ramblas and Place de Catalunya. The Apsis seems to have a nice buffet included in the price, which means we can get coffee or sodas whenever. The other hotels charge about 15E pp for breakfast. I've heard mostly good about all of them. Anyone have good or bad experiences with them?

I stayed at the Regina last time, but the price is more per night for one room than 2 rooms for one night at above - just too much for one night. I am mostly interested in something clean, safe, and walking distance to some of the Gaudi buildings. Appreciate any comments or tips.

We would like to try a great Tapas (moderate price) restaurant in the above area. Any suggestions?

Linda

Need help finding a hotel for two nights pre-cruise. We would like to be near the center of things but not so close that that it is too noisy to sleep at night. A boutique-type hotel with access to internet, a comfy bed and nice bathroom within walking distance of Las Ramblas would be perfect. Your suggestions would be appreciated.

Check out Hotel Montecarlo, we have stayed there and loved the location.

Have booked them again for this year.

The rooms are very sound proof, double insulated glass doors.

Right at the top of Las Rambles, I get best rates by email hotel directly.

Their larger rooms are 2 room suites, so get a lot of room for the money.

Here are other reviews, and this tripadvisor site will have more recomendations on hotels.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187497-d238594-Reviews-Hotel_Montecarlo-Barcelona_Catalonia.html

Try the Hotel Pulitzer, it's just around the corner from Las Ramblas and it's sleek, modern, chic and beautiful! We loved how comfortable it was and the breakfast was wonderful.

http://www.hotelpulitzer.es/index.php?idioma=en&d=15&m=3&a=2008&phpfile=index.php?&op=0&oq=0

Also be sure to go to the Tapas bars. Enjoy!

Hotel H10 Raco del Pi is a great boutique hotel on a lovely street in the Gothic quarter. A couple of blocks in one direction and you are at Las Ramblas. A couple of blocks in the other direction and you are at the lovely square in front of the old Cathedral. I really enjoyed my stay there and the staff were very helpful.

Archived