Concierge Lounge

shadbrew

From past experience, the Concierge lounge is open 24/7. But, drinks are only from 5 until 8:30 in the evenings. The usually have munchies, finger food, during the same time. Full bar.........maybe. Depends on which ship. Most are rather limited, red wine, white wine, champagne, beer, well drinks. Usually nothing too fancy.

In the morning they usually have coffee, sweet rolls and the like. Maybe juice.

They usually have copies of the daily programs, the concierge is there at stated times to help with reservations and other requests.

Enjoy.........

Question:

I have postedd this on other threads but the answers are conflicting.

If someone has recently sailed the Mariner and had access to the concierge lounge, can you tell me if it is open 24 hours?

Do you need to purchase a soda card if you have access to this lounge.

Thank you

Question:

If someone has recently sailed the Mariner and had access to the concierge lounge, can you tell me if it is open 24 hours?

Thank you

As the previous poster stated, the drinks are only available during the Cocktail hours of 5:00 to 8:30 pm.

There is not a soda/setup postmix machine available.

Your key to the CL works 24/7, but that doesn't mean the lounge (its priveleges) is available. They usually clean everything up and leave it empty after 8:30pm.

We used to stop by and get the special coffee late at night, but that's about all that was available.

Hope This Helps.

We generally eat breakfast in the Concierge Lounge. They have salmon, cold cuts, cheee, sweet rolls, muffins, bagels, toast, juice, capuccino, espresso, regular coffe, hot water and a variety of tea bags. Butter, jelly and cream cheese. They have a toaster, no microwave.

Evenings they have hot and cold hor d'ourves, cheese and petit fours.

the drinks are usually well or the next level up. EX: some have Dewers scotch. They also have soda and coffee and tea.

The coffee machines are on all day (assuming they are working at all).

They have ice show tickets, will make reservations for the spa and the specialty restaurants, games for the kids, dvds, etc.

Question:

Thank you

The only time you will get a soft drink (usually limited to a can of coke, diet coke, and maybe one or two others) is between the hours of 5:00pm and 8:30pm. Also, you're not supposed to take any beverages out of the lounge. So, in answer to your question, yes you will need to purchase a soda card if you have access to this lounge and you want to drink soft drinks anytime outside of the lounge.

Tim

Also be aware that not all ships have a concierge lounge.

Ships that have concierge lounges:

Freedom class - Concierge lounge on this class is only for suite guests, there is a separate Diamond Loung for Diamond/+ C&A members

Voyager class

Radiance class

Enchantment, Splendour, and Legend

Sovereign, Majesty, Monarch, Granduer, Rhapsody, and Vision do not have concierge lounges.

Does anyone know if the concierge on the Legend will let you take out a bagel and cream cheese in the morning or if you have to eat in CL? I would love the convenience of going there to grab a light breakfast to eat in the cabin rather than having to go to the Windjammer Cafe. I don't know if room service would bring this if we write it in.

Does anyone know if the concierge on the Legend will let you take out a bagel and cream cheese in the morning or if you have to eat in CL? I would love the convenience of going there to grab a light breakfast to eat in the cabin rather than having to go to the Windjammer Cafe. I don't know if room service would bring this if we write it in.

You can take breakfast back to your room. The only thing not allowed out is the happy hour drinks in the evening.

They are most concerned about their stock of dishes and glasses. Take your bagel out in a napkin and no one will care. Apparently the concierge is responsible for the glasses and dishes assigned to the lounge. :)

This is the perfect answer for the mornings I have really early shore excursions. I love the idea of being able to grab a cup of coffee and a bagel and hopefully cream cheese to take back to the cabin. Do they happen to have decaf available during the day? Thanks so much for all the answers, makes waiting for the trip even more fun.

Vicki

This is the perfect answer for the mornings I have really early shore excursions. I love the idea of being able to grab a cup of coffee and a bagel and hopefully cream cheese to take back to the cabin. Do they happen to have decaf available during the day? Thanks so much for all the answers, makes waiting for the trip even more fun.

Vicki

Yes, there is decaf. You just have to push the right button on the machine.

Question? I know Diamond & above have access to the CL, what about suites, such as a junior?

Thanks!!!!:)

Junior suites do not have access to the concierge lounge.

The suites that have access to the concierge lounge are the Royal Suite, the Presidential Family Suite, Owners Suites, Royal Family Suites, and Grand Suites.

The JS will not have access. You have to be GS or above in the suite category. Also, on the Freedom class ships even if you are a diamond level you might not be given the key to the CL because they have a Diamond lounge available. Suites use the CL, diamonds use the DL.

we were just on the Mariner last week and enjoyed the conceiger lounge, they also opened Cloud Nine on deck 14 as there were over 150 diamond, it was opened in the evening from 5-8, we really enjoy the view from that room, as some nights we were leaving port. enjoy, we had a great cruise

I have little kids who are not allowed in the lounge during happy hour. Are you telling me that I am not allowed to get a drink for the wife and myself and bring them back to the cabin? Also, where is the concierge lounge on the freedom?

Thanks,

Gordie

Yes, there is decaf. You just have to push the right button on the machine.

As blambition is going on the Legend I have to say that I´m not sure if the CL on the LEgend is equiped with the coffee machine already. If not there won´t be coffee 24/7 but only for breakfast time, not sure about decaf.

I have little kids who are not allowed in the lounge during happy hour. Are you telling me that I am not allowed to get a drink for the wife and myself and bring them back to the cabin? Also, where is the concierge lounge on the freedom?

Thanks,

Gordie

Yep that´s the rule. No drinks outside the lounge. If you would be allowed your drink to take back to the room will depend on the Concierge. Some are very strict about this other not.

CL on Freedom is located on Deck 10 Centrum area

Also be aware that not all ships have a concierge lounge.

...Sovereign, Majesty, Monarch, Granduer, Rhapsody, and Vision do not have concierge lounges.

Yeah...disappointing...

I loved that Diamond Lounge on the Liberty OTS back in June/July...

Next month, when I cruise on the Vision, I am going to be SO let down...

:( :( :(

The only difference in the CL and the Diamond Lounge on Liberty and Freedom is that they are twice as big and have one wall all glass! Much nicer than the interior CL. All other perks are the same. They are on deck 13.

Thanks for the reply, dont want to sound stupid but... does that mean we can have the use of both lounges?

cheers

Mo

We are anxious to try the Diamond Lounge on Liberty. It is upstairs by the Crow's nest so you have views all around and apparently, there is even an outside seating area which is really a plus for us! You will have all the same perks as the CL but in a bigger area. It has also been said that you will have a bartender in the DL because of its nearness to the Crow's Nest. I can't say for sure because we have yet to try it out. Suffice it to say, we WILL Be trying it out A LOT in April.

Archived