All Things LIBERTY of the Seas

krmlaw

First of all, that's the most complete, most professional looking review I've ever seen! Great job! My question is the game mentioned "Liberty Code". Anyone have nay details? I started a couple of threads asking for answers about "The Code"; no replies yet.

I just saw where Bud said he couldn't hear announcements. I believe Bud never found the volume control knob for that! It's on the left side of the mirror.

When we did wine flights on the Freedom last year, they asked people not to smoke until the seminar was over. I never saw that posted on Liberty, so we skipped the tastings this year. They probably lost around 400 bucks on us due to the unusually smoky conditions in the bars.

I'm getting married on the Liberty of the Seas in May! (just thought I'd share that) haha

Congrats!!!! Definately let us know how it went!!! :D

I just saw where Bud said he couldn't hear announcements. I believe Bud never found the volume control knob for that! It's on the left side of the mirror.

When we did wine flights on the Freedom last year, they asked people not to smoke until the seminar was over. I never saw that posted on Liberty, so we skipped the tastings this year. They probably lost around 400 bucks on us due to the unusually smoky conditions in the bars.

I agree with that. I would LOVE to hang out in Bolero's & dance and have some drinks, but I can never get close to that place because of all the smoke. :(

Hi!

I have friends sailing on the Liberty of the Seas this weekend. They are trying to pack for the evenings. The last couple of cruises they took clothing for smart casual night and then the ship didn't have it. They know there are 2 formal nights. Are the rest casual or do they have the "smart casual" night?

Thanks,

Soccer Mom

On 7 day cruises, there are no "smart casual"--only on the longer cruises. To be honest, we didn't see much difference in the casual vs. smart casual on our 10 day. Few men wore jackets, and the women all dressed it up a bit (compared to the men) on even casual nights!

Oh I found the knob. The only thing the knob did was increase the music in the stateroom. It didn't affect the Captain's announcements.

Sailed on Liberty 2-9, did I miss a vlume control knob on the left side of the mirror? There was one on the right side but it only controlled some music. I had to open the door to hear announcements.

We sail 6/21/08 - I haven't seen any comments on the Karaoke lounge - is there anyone who is familiar with the one on Liberty?? We'll have a bunch of teenagers with us and they like to do that.

Thx

Jen

First of all, that's the most complete, most professional looking review I've ever seen! Great job! My question is the game mentioned "Liberty Code". Anyone have nay details? I started a couple of threads asking for answers about "The Code"; no replies yet.

I sailed with Jen ~ she writes extremely detailed reviews and she is soo sweet!! I didn't go to the code lunch with them but if memory serves me it was a "clue" game about the ship - people work in teams to crack the "code" and then a special lunch in Portofino (?)

We are sailing her in November, and I couldnt find a thread for "All Things" so I figured I'd start one!

Everyone who loves her, has been on her, is going on her, I (and everyone else who hasnt sailed her yet) would love advice!

Whats a must do? What can we skip? Where are the best places to eat, get a drink, meet other cruise addicts? How is the food? Entertainment? Ship itself?

We are bring our DS (then 15), will there be other teens onboard?

What is your favorite place on the ship for a sunset? A sunrise?

We have a D1 for the 3 of us, think it will be enough room?

Whats the english pub like?

We were on Adventure before, is the layout very similar?

I think that will get us started ... (can you tell Im SOOOOO excited!!!)

Ok, where do I start. Diet before you go, you'll want to eat all the time.

You should have enough space in your room, most of us just slept in ours. Weren't in it much. Get the Ice Show tickets, and arrive early, it's awesome.. Go and see as many shows as you can. They were great as well. The Olive and twist is the best place for sunsets and drinks.. Sunrise, out on deck.. There should be other kids, and plenty for them to do.. The pub was always crowded, busy and smoky. Ben and Jerry's was excellent. I hope that will do for a start.. Buzz me back or wait for others to fill you in more..

Im getting more and more excited ... and jealous of those of you who cruise WAY more than we do!

Im bummed about the smoking, as we are a non-smoking family. I hope its not too bad. It wasnt bad on the enchantment or adventure or grandeur. But now Im getting nervous.

Glad there will be kids on the ship. There was none when we went on grandeur.

We are going to hit both portofino and chops, as we love them both. But nervous about skipping the formal nights.

Im glad to know they have singalongs in the english pub. we loved that on adventure.

Now ... Im hoping the price of a junior suite drops down a bit! :)

Vince...I couldn't find the Seaview Cafe on the ship's deck diagram. I believe it is only on the Brilliance class ships. What a bummer too because I love the cafe too!

Christie...can you tell me if there are showers in the gym? Also, are there towels readily available or do we need to bring our own from our staterooms?

I'm getting excited!

Hey guys!

Just thought that I'd chime in as I've already sailed on 'Libby' as my hubby and I call her, and she is a *beautiful* ship. We loved everything about it, except my pesky friend and her stepdaughter that were in our JS with us, ha, ha! We had a good time, it was just too much for us and them to be together for a whole week :)

Anyway, I felt that we had great service and great food, but the weather wasn't wonderful *lol* Oh well, can't blame that on the ship, right?!

Lovely ship, we wanted to take our 10th Anniversary cruise on her, but we couldn't sail on the 13th due to my cousin's wedding, so, we'll be trying out Freedom this fall, instead.

To those cruising on Libby, you're in for a treat. The shows were amazing, the food in the dining rooms was as good as ever and the royal promenade with a 24hr Pizza Shop rocks! :)

I'd say SEE THE ICE SHOW! It's really incredible, and the best seats are just as you walk into the rink, because that's the 'front'. All of the shows are great, but what we really loved was the Solarium pool area. No one under 16 allowed!! You have to get there early to get chairs, and the Cantilevered whirlpools fill up from time to time, but it's so cool to be just out there, over the ocean. We watched a sunset from the Solarium deck, and it was spectacular! The best place for sunrises, if they let you up there that early, is the bow of the ship. It's also the best place for stargazing if they let you up there at night. When we were on Explorer, we were able to go up to the bow at night, but not on Voyager nor last time on Libby. For eating, I'd say stick with the dining rooms and Johnny Rockets as well as the Pizza place on the promenade. The breakfasts in the room aren't that good, mostly the eggs and stuff are cold before you get them and the selection is limited. The buffet in Jade/Windjammer is just that...a buffet.

And yes, there will be plenty for a kiddo to do, lots of other teens/tweens and lots of staff to keep them entertained!

Oh, and 1st cruise day? Forget about eating within a reasonable amount of time, everyone was trying to get in when we were there because no one could get into their rooms until after 1pm. Eat at the airport in the morning, and bring food with you to eat at the cruiseport so that you're not starving and with the masses trying to crowd into Windjammer/Jade at noon!!

I'll put more up as I think about it :)

~B

I read that they have Fish & Chips and I'm wondering if there's a Sea View Cafe on the Liberty.

No, there's no Sea View Cafe onboard Liberty. I know a few people who SWEAR by the SVC! But it's probably the same way I swear by the Cafe Promenade! lol

Vince...I couldn't find the Seaview Cafe on the ship's deck diagram. I believe it is only on the Brilliance class ships. What a bummer too because I love the cafe too!

Christie...can you tell me if there are showers in the gym? Also, are there towels readily available or do we need to bring our own from our staterooms?

I'm getting excited!

Yes, there are definitely showers in the gym area. Towels?? Hmmm.....why can't I remember??? :confused: I know I showered there a few times!! I do believe I took my towel from my stateroom with me to shower, I'm almost positive. So whether or not they actually had them there, I don't know. :)

Oh I found the knob. The only thing the knob did was increase the music in the stateroom. It didn't affect the Captain's announcements.

We had this problem too. We had a dickens of a time hearing the announcements. We went out on the balcony to try and hear them (we were above the walkway), but it was hard there too.

We tried the knob when the announcements came on and it did nothing. It provides music in the room and then when the announcements came on, the music stopped. The announcements did not come through the speaker in the room.

What time can we get on her? We want to beat the rush and start enjoying vacation right away!

Despite what the documents say, we always arrive around 11:30, and we are always onboard by noon! Check in is very quick that early, and there's few very people onboard at that time, so it's a perfect time to take all your pictures of the ship before there's too many people. :)