Bringing our own folding chairs aboard

Haven't seen this one, and wondering if it's possible... We have VERY comfortable folding lounge chairs complete with leg rests - they have big pockets in the back for towels, books et al...

I would love to bring these for both the balcony and the pools (no need to worry about chairs, and you by default have the most comfortable chairs on the ship)...

Anyone have info???

chair.jpg.1ee6ab25c575733d31e3947fd0436d31.jpg

Really unecessary, since they have very comfortable loungers all over the outside decks in several styles. I have been cruising for 35 years and never seen anyone carry their own chairs or loungers on board. And....we have packed and taken a lot of odd stuff with us to keep DH's back comfy, so I am the first one to get creative about taking stuff with me.:D

Unless you have one of the HUGE "aft" balconies, there won't be enough room for two of those. They look pretty big once unfolded.

And IMHO, walking around the pool area trying to find a spot in front of someone or out in one of the isles with a couple of those loungers would not be very considerate.

As the previous posters stated, the lounge chairs available are pretty nice.

Hope This Helps.

Seems like a lot of trouble when good loungers are already available, but if I don't see why you couldn't. You might have a problem setting up in the pool area though, because there isn't much (read any) 'extra' space available that isn't already taken up with ships loungers. Also, you'd want to take them with you if you left the area, otherwise someone would probably be as.leep on them when you got back. ;)

I don't know if they would even allow you to set them up around the pools. They've pretty much already got loungers everywhere they want to have loungers. If you start taking up the additional space that is meant for walkways and such, that would not be good. If you have a big balcony and want to bring 'em on for that, have at it.

We have an deck seven E1 with the extra large balcony on Radiance for our May 3 Hawaii cruise. How much room do you have with this balcony?

I found one picture of this type of balcony showing two lounges and a small round table but it didn't show the whole balcony. Would there be room for two of the fold up lounges that I have linked pictures to above?

I'm not going to bring these but just want to have a better idea if there will be room for us, DW and I and the other four people in our group that have inside cabins to sit out on that balcony at the same time. I figure if there is room for two more lounges, there should be room for four more chairs.

Haven't seen this one, and wondering if it's possible... We have VERY comfortable folding lounge chairs complete with leg rests - they have big pockets in the back for towels, books et al...

I would love to bring these for both the balcony and the pools (no need to worry about chairs, and you by default have the most comfortable chairs on the ship)...

Anyone have info???

What if a lot of people wanted to do this? Soon there would be no room for anyone to walk around the pools.

I wouldn't think this would be allowed....

Dianne

I thought I had heard it all when one man wanted to bring his own fold up table for the balcony,now they want to bring chairs.My DH would be calling the men in white coats if I suggested anything like this.LOL

Years back, when Radiance wouldn't allow us to have loungers on our aft balcony, I'd have paid big money for those chairs (and been happy to lug them around, too.)

I spend many hours reading and I'm sorry, I don't find those hard plastic deck chairs (even loungers) all that comfortable. If I had a large enough balcony and was driving to the port, I'd be very tempted to bring chairs like yours along.

However, as mentioned, there probably won't be too many places on deck where you can set them, and you might only fit one chair at a time on the balcony. Still, I've read of lots of people who carried on the collapsible table and were happy they did so. Remember, you're paying good money for this cruise and no one should fault you for wanting to make the most of it.

If you do try it, please let us know how it works out.

You may not be allowed to have them on the balcony of your cabin either. I'm sure the material would be considered flamable and a fire hazard for the ship.

We've never had a problem finding a comfortable chair/lounger. I wouldn't want the extra items to carry onboard.

I think you should check with the cruise line first--they really could be a hazard boarding, etc... the real solution is to hope they enforce the no saving loungers policy so everyone who wants one can easily find one..

.If your balcony is designed for loungers there will be one or two on it already-- we had a great hump balcony--very deep -- right under the CC CLub--it had two loungers a table & oodles of room to spare & the loungers were very comfortable..

One use might be when you go to a beach where they charge you $8 per chair. If you are on a port intensive cruise and go to the beach alot, these could save you some money but still...lugging them around...

First - the leg rest is detachable (and yes it all folds up very nicely, and has lots of room in the backpack area).

The chairs would fit easily on the balcony with leg rest removed, and likely would fit with it (they aren't as bit as it may look).

I guess I am one of the only ones who doesn't like the balcony chairs, or the pool ones for that matter (a nice soft cloth chair is more comfortable).

While great for the beach and camping, we take these to the local water park (instead of using their uncomfortable chairs).

The biggest reason of all is to avoid chair hogging/hogs. I always have a great chair that can be moved wherever I want to sit.

Also, yes - it can fit on-deck. They aren't big, and as people always move chairs around on deck, I'm sure I could find a nice spot for 2 of these.

For those wondering where they come from, do a Google on { wearever beach chair } - cost was around $45 delivered (with comfy footrest to boot).

While a BBQ seems excessive, I may also bring a microwave ;)

I can't believe this hasn't come up - I personally *hate* having to fight for chairs, and then they are always in the wrong spot... Heck, I'd rent it for the $50 it cost just to have it on-board...

actually...it was sort of brought up by me last year:eek:

i wanted to bring a fold up collapsable chair just for my husband. we went to st. john's 2 cruises ago and there wasn't anyplace to rent a chair and he had to sit on a towel and he has a really bad back. let's just say......this was not our best day:(

so my thought was...if we brought a collapsable chair just for him...we'd never have that problem again and we could go to any beach w/o worrying.

the plan was to buy it in florida before we boarded and then ditch it before going home. :)

Mak - thank you for your opinion - I was really looking for fact - not just a "ummm I don't think so...." "Ummm I don't think so adds nothing to this universe - let alone message board ;)

BTW - I love all these people who respond with "I think (how am I to judge your intelligence)", or "maybe (that one also helps a lot)", or "I don't think (see previous)" ;)

Please take this in the spirit it was meant - more as a joke...

Archived