All Things Freedom of the Seas!

Thank you Michelle for posting the pics and the links to the web sites.

I did not know about the FOSmedia gallery-I can pass that on to the

2 other families going with us on the Freedom who have never cruised

before! Thanks also to the others for the pics- I did not see how

cool Fuel was on LOS. The port holes were amazing and the outdoor

deck. I will have to make sure I take my daughter there on our upcoming

FOS cruise. GOSH it cant come soon enough!!!!!!!

Hey all! I had to chime in since Freedom is my absolute favorite ship (well so far)

Here is a link to the Freedom Gallery

http://www.freedomoftheseasmedia.com/gallery.php

Regarding Royal Caribbean's Freedom Gallery, is this what Royal Caribbean thinks the ships look like when they are sailing near the equator?

Freedom%20of%20the%20Seas%20Exterior2.jpg

Take a look: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=738065

what do you think about it?

I think as with all things at RCCL's customer service line, you can call 10 times, get 8 different answers, then you just have to take the statistical average of them all to get *possibly* the real answer. ;)

When more than one person comes here saying that ALL scheduled dining is gone on FOS, then I will believe it. :)

We're booked on Freedom for 10/5/08. We booked last month, and the price is about $200 more per person now than when we booked. This is our first time on the Freedom, so you can be sure I will be reading this thread from top to bottom! Only 199 days to go (but who's counting?)

The main pool ...

Mainpool-lo.jpg

Any body notice the GHOST'S in this pic...:eek:

This photo is made up of several photos stitched together to form one larger photo. People who move between shots end up looking like ghosts. Besides, the photo was taken after a particularly spooky night.

I am taking my first cruise May. I am staying on deck 8 8620. Was the noise level low on this deck? Starting to get really excited here!

We stayed on deck 8 on our freedom cruise. i don't remember exactly which room number. but, it was a great location....it was central, close to the elevators. it was nice, not noisy at all. we had a balcony room.

Does anyone know about the laundry service on the ship? I know they don't have public laundry but do you know the cost structure and turn around for getting laundry done. Reason I am asking is that we are taking our DS this time and it would nice to cut down what we take if we can get laundry done midweek. Thanks for any information.

Does anyone know about the laundry service on the ship? I know they don't have public laundry but do you know the cost structure and turn around for getting laundry done. Reason I am asking is that we are taking our DS this time and it would nice to cut down what we take if we can get laundry done midweek. Thanks for any information.

I couldnt find the link, but here are prices listed from a previous thread about laundry:

MEN WASH & PRESS:

Bathrobe $4.00

Handkerchief $ .75

Jeans $3.50

Pajamas $4.25

Pants $4.00

Shirt $3.50

Shirt/T-shirt $2.75

Shorts $3.00

Socks $1.25

Sweatshirt $3.50

Underwear $1.25

MEN DRY CLEANING:

Coat $8.25

Jacket $5.00

Pajamas, silk $5.00

Pants $4.50

Shirt $4.00

Shorts $3.50

Suit $9.00

Sweater $4.50

Tie $2.25

Vest $3.00

WOMAN WASH & PRESS:

Blouse $4.00

Dress $6.00

Hosiery $1.25

Housecoat $3.75

Nightgown $3.50

Skirt $4.00

Slacks $4.00

Slip $2.75

Swimsuit $2.25

WOMAN DRY CLEANING:

Blouse $4.50

Blouse, silk $6.00

Dress $8.00

Dress, silk $9.50

Evening Dress $9.50

Scarf $2.75

Skirt $5.00

Slacks $4.50

Suit $9.00

Pressing only: is 1/2 the cost

I have been wait listed for a quad balcony....in the meantime...I have a category "H" oceanview cabin on the 3rd foor. Room 3246. I am a bit nervous about this cabin...does anyone have any info about deck and cabin location?

I am taking my first cruise May. I am staying on deck 8 8620. Was the noise level low on this deck? Starting to get really excited here!
Yes, the noise level is pretty low on deck eight. However, you can turn the volume all the way up on the TV and the noise level will rise. Turn it up high enough and the noise level will rise all the way up to deck nine.

I have been wait listed for a quad balcony....in the meantime...I have a category "H" oceanview cabin on the 3rd foor. Room 3246. I am a bit nervous about this cabin...does anyone have any info about deck and cabin location?

Hmmm...never did that level before, so I can't comment on deck 3, but did you consider getting two balcony cabins for 2? I just did a quick check and there are some on the hump (a prized location!) on deck 6. Just a thought!

Hmmm...never did that level before, so I can't comment on deck 3, but did you consider getting two balcony cabins for 2? I just did a quick check and there are some on the hump (a prized location!) on deck 6. Just a thought!

The cost is astronomical. I paid much less for my kids..only about $700 per person. If I have to get the rooms for 2, it would cost an additional $2600.00 just for them...also, since they are so young, the rooms would have to connect. It's just not worth it...maybe when they are a few years older. They are 7 and 9.

ALSO, now don't quote me on this because if it was just a fluke for 07 on FOS, then I don't want you to come back and yell at me ;) but I do remember on the Freedom, they sent around a "All you can shove in a laundry bag" special...it was $20.

This isn't offered on any other ships (non-Freedom class ships). But after I posted about it before, some came on CC and said they had the same special on their Freedom cruise. :D

So keep an eye out for that special. It was on a flyer placed on our bed one night in the cabin. :)

The cost is astronomical. I paid much less for my kids..only about $700 per person. If I have to get the rooms for 2, it would cost an additional $2600.00 just for them...also, since they are so young, the rooms would have to connect. It's just not worth it...maybe when they are a few years older. They are 7 and 9.

I understand...just keep checking...maybe someone will cancel since it's right before the 30 day mark. Good luck!