What is the best chance to get Chef's Table?

dankevork

I am sooooooo looking forward to the Chef's Table on board the CB in June, because of all the awesome reviews. Is there any way to guarantee to be selected? Would a well placed tip to the Maitre'd prove to be beneficial or will it look more like a bribe? Thanks

They go by first come first signed basis method. Therefore bribes will get you nowhere.

I had heard that there is some sort of other selection criteria...not just 1st come 1st served....was I told incorrectly before?

I am sooooooo looking forward to the Chef's Table on board the CB in June, because of all the awesome reviews. Is there any way to guarantee to be selected? Would a well placed tip to the Maitre'd prove to be beneficial or will it look more like a bribe? Thanks

Make every effort to get on the ship as early as possile and call the DINE number right away. I just posted a full review of our experience.

We called as soon as we got on the ship and got a letter 2 days later to attend a meeting. You have to be free of any possibility of Nor. virus or seasickness. Also you need to wear closed toe shoes in the galley. It was pretty funny all the women in dresses and tennis shoes. Good luck it is a fun experience. It was 75 dollars and you drink lots of champagne and wine. We didn't realize that and had drinks before dinner. So we got pretty happy.

When you say "closed shoes" - can you wear heels that have closed toes rather than open toes? I don't even own tennis shoes. And can't imagine wearing sneakers while the both of us are all "gussied up."

When we did the Chef's Table, it was on a formal night. As a result, the infomation packet "suggested" closed toed shoes for the women. Most of the women in our group did not have closed toed shoes however. Also, for some reason, we weren't required to put on the white lab coats.

Is the chef's table on all princess ships or just certain ones?? I'm going to be on the star and would love to do that.

This is my post from a thread started about Chef's Table..

For all interested Foodies out there.

As promised, my PVP at Princess did some checking and found out some Chef's Table debut dates for me. As of today, it is on the Caribbean, Crown, Emerald and Dawn. The Corporate chef's are training on the Golden now, so it should be there within a week or two. Future dates are the Sea Princess on April 16th (YAY for my cruise in July) and the Grand will debut on May 2nd.

He will continue to check his sources and let me know as the schedule is released, then I, of course, will post them here.

Unfortunately, he hasn't called my lately so I'm not sure if any other ships have been added yet.

We did the Chef's Table on the Crown in February. I don't believe it is 1st come/1st serve. Seemed like we had an 'interview' before hand, and were told we would know if we were chosen by the next day. Got the letter in our mailbox the next day. For $75 pp, it's wonderful!

It is first come first served, no interview. :)

I do recall, though, some people mentioning they had been asked about food allergies, etc. Maybe they're trying to make sure they have people who will actually eat what's being served?

I do recall, though, some people mentioning they had been asked about food allergies, etc. Maybe they're trying to make sure they have people who will actually eat what's being served?

Yes I was going to add, they do some screening, illness etc. :)

Never asked us about anything actually, just received the letter.

We just did the chef's table on the Crown two weeks ago & it was wonderful. I wore open toed shoes and nothing was said about it. As a matter of fact, I don't think I had any closed toed shoes with me on the cruise. ;) We approached the headwaiter as soon as we got on the Crown and told him we were very interested in doing the chef's dinner. We even requested that we be scheduled for the second night that they did it. It was definitely a night to remember! ;)

Archived