Strange Attire on the ship

I'm positive you have read worse things than me taking pictures of fat people. I have them on my refrigerator, they make a great deterrent from over eating. Not prejudice at all, I'm just into visual effects. Works for me.:D

Perhaps you could post a picture of yourself. We can hang it on our refrigerators to remind us not to be rude, inconsiderate and mean. I'm also into the visuals. :)

This couple was in our group on our first cruise on the Destiny out of Miami. They packed something funny to wear every day. She got sick the following day and stayed in her cabin for the rest of the cruise. That was the only funny outfit they got to wear. People were actually coming up to them thinking they were part of the crew and wanted to have their pictures taken with them.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1026533811030186251frteQeKoUJ

You have a problem with "bare dimply butts"? :rolleyes:

Nope - no problem at all since mine is plenty dimply as well. I just try to avoid the bare thing in public places where people usually wear clothing.:eek:

Everyone should check to see if they were captured in any of these pics: :eek:

http://www.ianhughesphotos.com/loveboat_gallery.html

Mr. Pete - I just woke up my DH from his Sunday morning sleep-in because I was laughing hysterically!!! He wanted to know if I was all right and if I was crying. Yes, tears running down my cheeks while laughing like a crazy women. Thanks for making my day!:)

Perhaps you could post a picture of yourself. We can hang it on our refrigerators to remind us not to be rude, inconsiderate and mean. I'm also into the visuals. :)

Uhhh, there's no difference in me having pictures of fat people on a cruise, than you sitting here reading this whole thread and LYAO at what someone is wearing.

/just saying

1. A very short "Elvis" impersonator. I thought he was part of the entertainment staff...but he was a passenger! WAY too short, WAY to big around the middle (even by late-Elvis standards). Coal-black wig with sideburns...white sequined outfit and long cape. He dressed in a different "Elvis" costume every night - and was always surrounded by the glamazons on board!

2. At the Captain's dinner: a very tall man, probably late 50's, early 60's, in full Scots regalia, wearing the Tartan of the Colquon Clan. He was magnificent! Same cruise, same dinner: Very tall older man, lots of heft to him.. Beautiful western cut tuxedo jacket and shirt, cumberbun, magnificent Stetson hat - and Bermuda shorts, sneakers and white sox.....

3. "Aging dowager" on the Royal Princess many years ago. Dressed in great fashion - from the 1920's....lots of jewelry, furs, lace, ribbons, hat (with net). Very elegant demeanor. Seems she was a "resident" aboard Princess ships... OH, be still my heart. I'd LOVE that.

4. Aging hippie, skinny, wiry body, tanned, long but well-groomed beard and mustache. Wore faded swim shorts and flip flops all week....walked around with a beautiful stuffed parrot on his shoulder!

These are the few that come to mind. After 40 years of cruising, I'm sure there are dozens and dozens... Isn't humankind wonderful?

1. A very short "Elvis" impersonator. I thought he was part of the entertainment staff...but he was a passenger! WAY too short' date=' WAY to big around the middle (even by late-Elvis standards). Coal-black wig with sideburns...white sequined outfit and long cape. He dressed in a different "Elvis" costume every night - and was always surrounded by the glamazons on board!

2. At the Captain's dinner: a very tall man, probably late 50's, early 60's, in full Scots regalia, wearing the Tartan of the Colquon Clan. He was magnificent! Same cruise, same dinner: Very tall older man, lots of heft to him.. Beautiful western cut tuxedo jacket and shirt, cumberbun, magnificent Stetson hat - and Bermuda shorts, sneakers and white sox.....

3. "Aging dowager" on the Royal Princess many years ago. Dressed in great fashion - from the 1920's....lots of jewelry, furs, lace, ribbons, hat (with net). Very elegant demeanor. Seems she was a "resident" aboard Princess ships... OH, be still my heart. I'd LOVE that.

4. Aging hippie, skinny, wiry body, tanned, long but well-groomed beard and mustache. Wore faded swim shorts and flip flops all week....walked around with a beautiful stuffed parrot on his shoulder!

These are the few that come to mind. After 40 years of cruising, I'm sure there are dozens and dozens... Isn't humankind wonderful?[/quote']

I'm with ya on the strange...but 'creative' is a bit of a stretch for any of these IMHO.. :rolleyes:

Uhhh, there's no difference in me having pictures of fat people on a cruise, than you sitting here reading this whole thread and LYAO at what someone is wearing.

/just saying

Point taken. :o

Since this thread is about what people wear and don't wear on a cruise, this pic was circulated last year here. Warning for those that get offended at crude/rude at the naked truth but things like this do go on on cruise lines. Open at your own risk of being offended, or laugh if you find it funny.

link

Halos...have you never heard of the red hat society? It is a group of older matrons that have been around for a long time and their signature is wearing red hats I do not find it at all strange..

As for the purple there is a poem that was written in the eraly 1900's by annonymous that was titled "when I am old I shall wear purple" I think these are not oddities but an old time custom certainly a lot nicer custom than shorts than hang off your body and show your underware.

I am always easy to find aboard ship I am over 6 feet tall and carry a water bottle wherever I go and I am never in the sun. Scared of Cancer!! If my DH is looking for me he just inquires of the other passengers. "have you seen an untanned tall lady carrying a water bottle?"

Maybe I would be even easier to spot if I wore a red hat and purple shorts!!!:D :eek:

Since this thread is about what people wear and don't wear on a cruise, this pic was circulated last year here. Warning for those that get offended at crude/rude at the naked truth but things like this do go on on cruise lines. Open at your own risk of being offended, or laugh if you find it funny.

link

Link didn't work! What was it??:confused:

On Glory last year.

There was a person who showed up to dinner in a very lavish formal evening dress. This person was hard to define as either Male or Female.

6'2 ish, Very barrel chested and large arms.. Very massive arms. I would say maybe 60 to 65 yrs in age. With a very attractive older woman in a nice dress. Next night, Formal night wearing a tux.. But still couldnt tell male or female.. Ran into him/her in the lobbby lounge and she/he was wearing a 2piece bikini..

Last night,, Noticed a Army Airborne tatoo on upper left arm.. He was just a very liberal cross dresser and enjoyed the freedom of being able to dress how he wanted when he wanted..

Real nice guy,, Vietnam Vet.. Very funny man...

On Glory last year.

There was a person who showed up to dinner in a very lavish formal evening dress. This person was hard to define as either Male or Female.

6'2 ish, Very barrel chested and large arms.. Very massive arms

Was that Glory cruise in September, by chance? :)

Halos...have you never heard of the red hat society? It is a group of older matrons that have been around for a long time and their signature is wearing red hats I do not find it at all strange..

As for the purple there is a poem that was written in the eraly 1900's by annonymous that was titled "when I am old I shall wear purple" I think these are not oddities but an old time custom certainly a lot nicer custom than shorts than hang off your body and show your underware.

I am always easy to find aboard ship I am over 6 feet tall and carry a water bottle wherever I go and I am never in the sun. Scared of Cancer!! If my DH is looking for me he just inquires of the other passengers. "have you seen an untanned tall lady carrying a water bottle?"

Maybe I would be even easier to spot if I wore a red hat and purple shorts!!!:D :eek:

LOL.. Yes, I know all about the society. When we first boarded I actually struck up a conversation with one of the 'Queen Mum's' (She was from England, obviously) and she was telling me all about their meetings and travels as a group. I found it lovely and thought to myself, "Gee I'd like to do that when I get that age!!" But like I said, by day 4 on the cruise I was freaked out because they literally had no other clothing with them beside the purple and red stuff...and seeing them in the dining room in purple and red PJ's just was the final straw. I then changed my mind about thiking this was 'cute'.

To each his own I guess.

OK, so someone may have this thread posted somewhere, but IHO the guy posting about wearign his Speedos in the casual dining area of the Lido Deck, I thought of a few crazy things I have seen....

We did see an elderly man in Speedos about 3 sizes too small with half of his butt crack hanging out on one cruise.

The craziest thing I have seen by far was when my DH and I were on the Panoramic Deck and a chick was up there too in a mini skirt and no underwear.... You heard right NO UNDERWEAR, no thongs or anything. :eek: We saw EVERYTHING. I thought that was a little inappropriate. If you do not want to wear underwear that's one thing, but don't go stand on the Panoramic Deck with the wind blowing!

So what have you seen that you were a little shocked by?

Santa Claus!!....had this guy on the Legend who played Santa on vacation. White hair, full white beard, round belly. Always wore red, even had a red tux.

H*ll..for all I know he WAS Santa!:eek:

Now folks will know why I walk around ship with my DSLR camera around my neck. one: it builds neck muscles with all that weight! two: I never know when the perfect "candid" photo opportunity may present itself! LOL!:D I have a 70-300mm zoom lens and a 50-500 zoom lens to get good and "tight" shots!

You folks making certain adjustments to your bathing attire had better know when I am around!!!!! :D :D

Lee

Maybe I'm missing the humor here but this seems slightly disturbing. I'd hate to think that someone's wardrobe moment is recorded by the prying eyes of a long lens. :confused:

6'2 ish, Very barrel chested and large arms.. Very massive arms

I remember standing in the photo gallery, turning around and almost running into him/her. All I saw at first was a black formal dress and those massive arms. I apologized quickly then ran to find my DH! It was so funny!

Hi DeadPirateRobert,

I had hoped this would all just die down. What was said in humor is really bugging me now because I think it was misunderstood. I do not go out to deliberately take photos of strangers or ladies making adjustments to their attire.

My 70-300 mm lens can be used as a walk-around general purpose lens and as a zoom lens for drawing things closer. I have taken shots of my wife around the pool area and when I go to look at the shot later, in the background, sure enough, someone is making adjustments to their bathing attire. Is it funny? Without meaning to get a candid shot of the background person, yes, maybe. On the other hand, it messes up a shot of my wife.

The 50-500 lens is used to pull in far away objects. I use it around here on birds in the woods. I can zoom in on finches, woodpeckers, etc. On the cruises, I always hope to find a whale someday.

Hope that will help folks understand me a little better. I am not some pervert trying to catch someone going commando.

Lee

Archived