Welcome, Eurodam........

sail7seas

I just learned it is official and Eurodam has joined Holland America Line. The papers have been signed and Eurodam officially joins the other 13 Holland America Ship.... the fleet grows again. :)

May she sail safely and provide many exciting, fun, memorable voyages for many years to come!

That's great news. can't wait for all the reports about this ship from the people lucky enough to be going on the inaugural. I'm counting on you guys to give us all the details.:D

Same here, Carol. BTW, how are you and Sam?

It was estimated to cost a very affordable $450 million USD. I doubt the final cost has been published yet.

If the contract was stated in US dollars, HAL got a bargain. If it was pegged to the Euro, the price tag will be quite a bit higher in USD.

If the contract was stated in US dollars, HAL got a bargain. If it was pegged to the Euro, the price tag will be quite a bit higher in USD.

Funny you mention that...

A while back I recall seeing a press release that believe stated that:

Eurodam - $450 million DOLLARS

SISTER SHIP - 425 million EUROS

Get the impression something's wrong with the US economy? ;)

With the Euro at $1.55, they should pay the $450M!

When is "sister" to be started?

I promise to post a trip report shortly after returning home from the Eurodam's first trans-Atlantic (August 14-29).

It will probably be a great review, as I never met a ship I didn't like!

I'll squeeze in some computer time somewhere between the unpacking, the laundry and the mail!

Ilene

It is only fitting ... the Eurodam is paid for in dollars, so it should be the Dollardam that is paid for in Euros. :D

Rev. Greg Neal:

You are not only funny with a great sense of humor you are right on!

I hope someday to be on the Eurodam. She looks like a nice ship. I hope there are not too many glitches on the innagural cruise. I hope to be on her in a couple of years.

By the way, is there a name for a Sister Ship? If it is a new ship and not a replacement ship, I think it is time to resurrect the name NIEUW AMSTERDAM. That name has a long history with Holland America and it would be nice to see a ship back on the high seas with that name.

I promise to post a trip report shortly after returning home from the Eurodam's first trans-Atlantic (August 14-29).

It will probably be a great review, as I never met a ship I didn't like!

I'll squeeze in some computer time somewhere between the unpacking, the laundry and the mail!

Ilene

As we are still tossing and turning over a transatlantic crossing. Can't wait to hear about all the activities you will find on the Eurodam. Lucky you!!! Have a great time... :D :D :D

Rev. Greg Neal:

You are not only funny with a great sense of humor you are right on!

I hope someday to be on the Eurodam. She looks like a nice ship. I hope there are not too many glitches on the innagural cruise. I hope to be on her in a couple of years.

By the way, is there a name for a Sister Ship? If it is a new ship and not a replacement ship, I think it is time to resurrect the name NIEUW AMSTERDAM. That name has a long history with Holland America and it would be nice to see a ship back on the high seas with that name.

Agreed.

However, to have an Amsterdam AND a NIEUW Amsterdam at the same time would cause a lot of confusion... Plus I would hope it to be the sister of a Rotterdam down the road... and that wouldn't be the case here.

....................By the way, is there a name for a Sister Ship? If it is a new ship and not a replacement ship, I think it is time to resurrect the name NIEUW AMSTERDAM. That name has a long history with Holland America and it would be nice to see a ship back on the high seas with that name.

The second Signature hasn't been named yet. Having said that, I think the writing is on the wall with the name 'Eurodam.' I'd be very surprised if HAL is going to go with a traditional name like Nieuw Amsterdam, Spaarndam or Leerdam for Eurodam's sister, Too bad!! They'll probably come up with something like Ameridam:rolleyes:

Archived