Photos of view from "Obstructed View" stateroom.

polythenepam

I was just looking through my shots of the Crown from land last March and found this one pictures.cruisecritic.com/showphoto.php?photo=12271&cat=522

There is a white box a few cabins in front of the balcony cabins on Emerald. It must be outside E706, 708 and E705, 707 because they're Cat FF, not Cat F as are cabins E632, 633, 701. This isn't the best angle for those cabins, but there doesn't appear to be much between the box and the first tender. So this will have to do for now. :)

Insides and OV generally have the head of the bed crosswise to the length of the ship. On OV's it's against the outside wall of the ship(as the pic of Sapphire E425). The balcony rooms and minis have the desk and TV (and sitting area in minis) by the sliding door and the head of the bed running parallel to the length of the ship.

A GG on Ruby would be as shown in the above picture.

Cherylandtk,

:confused: Are all the OB-OV cabins on the Sapphire-Emerald deck have the bed under the window instead of against the wall? We were originally booked to have Cabin #E-405, but got upgraded (WoooHooo:D) to a balcony. Just wondered if #E-405 would have the bed under the window? Personally, I don't care for that layout as well as when the bed is against the wall.

Edited by monakayk

Cherylandtk,

:confused: Are all the OB-OV cabins on the Sapphire-Emerald deck have the bed under the window instead of against the wall? We were originally booked to have Cabin #E-405, but got upgraded (WoooHooo:D) to a balcony. Just wondered if #E-405 would have the bed under the window? Personally, I don't care for that layout as well as when the bed is against the wall.

Our OV cabin on Emerald Deck Diamond Princess had the bed under the window. The twin beds in our our teens room next door were each against the wall. I am sure your cabin steward will put your bed where you prefer it to be. Have a great cruise.

I'm taking my DD on a graduation cruise on the Ruby Grand Med 5-5-10. Due to the cost, I booked Cat F Guarantee in hoping for an upgrade. This will be my third princess cruise and hoping this helps.

Anyone else ever tried this cat and upgraded? I usually stay in Balcony, but cost of 12 day kept me to Cat F.

Hoping there's lots of time for upgrades.

Great thread! Last year was our first cruise on Ruby Princess and we stayed in room e628 obstructed view. I have attached photos from this room.

This year we have booked Emerald Princess obstructed rooms e630, e631, e632 and e633. If anyone has pictures of these views that would be great!

Great thread! Last year was our first cruise on Ruby Princess and we stayed in room e628 obstructed view. I have attached photos from this room.

This year we have booked Emerald Princess obstructed rooms e630, e631, e632 and e633. If anyone has pictures of these views that would be great!

I don't see a link or attachment for the photo for E628, will you please try again? Thank you! Edited by sunnyv

I apologize for my earlier incorrect info. Don't know where my head or eyes were when I thought I was looking at E632. See my response to sunnyv, who caught the error, in the post above.

Barb, thanks so much:) Although in looking at your photo I am not so sure that E632 will not be behind that big white box:o Just tonight I was relooking at prices to move up to maybe even a balcony but since I had been unemployed for 8 months amd just now started a new career a few months ago I am back into playing it rather cheap. Not that we are normally cheap for many years we booked Full Suite but I also know when to not over spend so we had figured we would be cautious with our money for this cruise.

Our OV cabin on Emerald Deck Diamond Princess had the bed under the window. The twin beds in our our teens room next door were each against the wall. I am sure your cabin steward will put your bed where you prefer it to be. Have a great cruise.

I would think moving the bed and end tables from one area of the room to the other would be a lot of work. Plus the desk/vanity table with TV would not move...so you really wouldn't be able to move the bed around. I was just wondering why the beds are placed differently on some ships and different in some cabins on the same ship? The OV cabins with the bed under the window look small in size than the cabins with the bed against the wall. Is this just an optical allusion or are the cabins different sizes? :confused: The cabins with the bed under the windows look about the same size (sq. ft.) as the insides. And OV are listed as having more sq. footage.:confused:

We are doing an Alaskan cruise next July on Island.

I have booked a cat. HH for my DH, DD and myself, and have chosen the furthest back E622, which should at least give us daylight.

I booked my Mother and DS into a balcony into the cheapest category, BH in cabin E207. Nowhere online did it indicate this balcony was partially obstructed, but when I got e-mail from TA, it states this. When I looked at the online pictures, it almost looks like the balcony is covered top to bottom with a wall that has a porthole, can anyone confirm this? Not sure it is worth anything more if that is true. It is nice to have the extra space, but not if there is no view.

You were lucky.

The one time I took an obstructed view the whole tender was blocking my window.

My TA told me it would probably be like your cabin was

but it wasn't.

If you consult deck plans for your ship of choice

there are always cabins situated between the lifeboats

which should allow you a view like these nice shots posted above.

Makes sense to go thru the deck plans and make a list of the specific cabin numbers

so that when you talk to your TA you can ask for specific numbers.

It's worth a shot, and might just get you a cabin..

with interesting 'foreground interest' -if you're a photographer like me! ;)

Hello all - Wow, this is quite a thread! I just read the whole thing but did not see anything mentioned about any of the obstructed cabins on the Royal/Pacific/Tahitian ships. Does anyone have any pictures of these cabins? We're trying to decide what type of cabin for a Mediterranean cruise.

Thanks!

This is E505 on the Crown which is in a very similar position to E307

3335355825_05d044c82f.jpg

Thanks, I was told there was a white box possibly in front of E307. Do you happen to know anything about that or the cabin numbers the white box is in front of ????

• 2 weeks later...

I've a reservation on the Sea Princess for next May, full transit of the Panama Canal. It will be interesting as my TA recently told me that I'd been upgraded from an interior cat JJ cabin to a "partially obstructed" oceanview HH cabin. This will be my first cruise with an ocean view cabin. The interesting part will be how obstructed will it be.

I guess it won't really matter; it's different than an interior cabin, and at least I'll be on a cruise ship going somewhere I've never been before.

Edited by Treven

As promised, SunnyV and LAFFNVEGAS, I looked at these two on the Crown TA I was just on. For E701 there is nothing blocking the view whatsoever! For E631, there was just a small cable hanging down on one side. Both great buys, IMHO. I was also in E616 (seemed to have a lot of friends on Emerald :D). There was a boat outside that one. In all 3, the beds were against the wall, not under the window.

Barb

Edited by BarbinMich