10/5 still no cabin!

Cathy p

Hi, all Princess travelers! I made the mistake of booking an AD guarantee. Never did the guarantee before so I thought I would try it. We here we are a week away from taveling and no cabin. In talking to Princess they say that it could be the day of sailing. Now my question is ..... what do you do with all your luggage if it is the day of sailing and you have no stateroom to put on your bags? I refuse to give them to the porters without my cabin number on them. Do you have 1 person stand outside in the heat until the other one checks in and then they come back out? Will never, ever do a guarantee again.:(

It's not a big deal. When you arrive, you will have had a room assigned and it's no different than any other booking. We do it all of the time. Obviusly, the later they assign, the greater the chance of an upgrade.

Don't worry as you are certainly making a mountain out of a molehill.

We have arrived at the port not knowing our cabin numbers. The porters have a complete list, and will help you put the correct numbers on your tags...do nor worry. All will be well.

This is exactly what will happen - the porters will be able to look up your cabin number, which you will put onto your luggage tags at the pier. No worries - it happens all the time.

In my experience the later the I got cabin assignment the better cabin i got. We are sailing in November with a guarantee and we booked it in April and were given cabin the week after and highly doubtful will move up, but I am happy with what I got.

When you show up at the pier there is someone there that has the entire list of passengers and their cabins, they will also have luggage tags and you just fill in your cabin number.

Just think of the excitment of finding out what cabin you got!

I am just curious have you checked your Princess Personalizer? I always assume that everyone on CC boards does check but I guess I shouldn't assume, maybe you haven't... it could be there.

Let us all know what cabin you do end up with once you find out.

Just have a pen handy when you arrive at the port. You will have your stateroom number as you turn your luggage over and all you will have to do is enter the number on your luggage tags. :)

Bon Voyage, and have a wonderful cruise.

Great idea! Better yet, bring a sharpie so the room number will be dark and bold.

We have booked guaranteed four or five times so far, never experienced “mistake” in doing so.

We always book the grade cabin we would accept as minimum as far as choice. So far we have been upgraded each time on “paper”. That is it’s a better category than what we booked, but the actual price is the same. One cruise we did get a bump as far as location.

The whole idea of going guarantee is to let Princess assign the cabin and in return you save $$$$. As far as timing, we have gotten as close to three days before embarkation before getting assignments. Our next booking is by guarantee and got cabin assignment seven weeks before the cruise.

• 1 year later...

Thank you all for sharing your experiences with the guarantee category. We are doing this for the first time as well and our Dec. 26th New Year's cruise on Saphire is fully booked. Is this a good or bad sign? We still didn't get a cabin assigned and it's less than 5 weeks before the cruise. I am not really nervous, just hoping for a good cabin. Any thoughts are appreciated. Helen from Tarzana, California.

Someone who posted on another thread said most of the guarantees seem to get assigned on Tuesdays (usually in the afternoon).

Also with princess cruises sailing at capacity, many have found they only get their cabin assigned the same week they leave - so hopefully you'll find your personalizer shows something tomorrow!

We don't sail until Jan 3, but our cruise is sold out so hopefully we'll get our Guarantee assigned soon, waiting till the last minute is tough.

This is not specifically directed at the OP, but the expressed discontent made me think of the reasons for some of the rage expressed on this board. Using the OP's situation as an illustration, why instead of asking what happens when they don't get a cabin for a guarantee until sailing (or some other minor concern) they get foaming at the mouth angry and start spewing all kinds of vitrol before finding out thier concern was unfounded or easily solved? (actually the OP was pretty mild as they didn't condemn Princess and all of their employees, past, present and future to the darkest corner of Hell. :D) My wife, who is a customer service manager for a large appliance store has customers call the first time about a malfunctioning appliance fuming and threatening before finding out she can have a technician out almost immediately. (a tip here kids - never, ever threaten a lawsuit. At that point your call is terminated and you will never get your icemaker reparied)

Archived