2 elite = 2 bar set ups?

CruzinNoony

I have been elite for several cruises, but DH just made it on our last cruise. Will we have 2 bar set ups on our next cruise?:rolleyes:

Unfortunately, NO!

We are both Elite and only get one set up. Actually, when you think about it, there is no benefit for the second person being Elite as they get all the bennies from the first person anyway....except the 10% discount.

We have only had one exception to the one bar setup, and this was on the Star Princess this past August. My daughter and I were in a Vista Suite and both Elite, but knew there would only be one setup, which was fine. But, when the cabin steward came in he asked if we had gotten 2! I told him, No, but only expected one. He said that since we were in the full suite and Elite we were entitled to 2 and he would see we got it. Now, I was surprised and probably looked like a deer caught in the headlights about this and didn't expect anything. Heck, we have had the Grand Suite on several cruises with Elite status and only got one bar setup. Well, about an hour later here came the second one.

I can say this has only happened once and I don't ever expect to see it again. We were even on the Star not that long ago in the Grand Suite and didn't get this then either. It was nice, but one was really all we needed.

I always ask my cabin stewart to switch to all Diet Coke and it's never been a problem, They will give you equal $$ value, it usually amounts to around 18-24 sodas. ( one time I got I believe 30)

Do you get a full bottle of Champagne or just a glass at embarkation in a full suite??

Last full suite we were in, we only received a glass of champagne. Kind of thought it might be the entire bottle, but nope, just a glass.

I think, from reports, this also depends on your room steward and how generous he is filling that day. ;)

Last full suite we were in, we only received a glass of champagne. Kind of thought it might be the entire bottle, but nope, just a glass.

I think, from reports, this also depends on your room steward and how generous he is filling that day. ;)

Thank you. I will be on the Golden over the Holidays and was hoping since I've seen pictures of the vista suite with a bottle of champagne chilling. Oh well.... I'm still very excited since this will be our first suite on Princess....:)

Both "feeling" and "filling"! They go together.

We have only had one exception to the one bar setup, and this was on the Star Princess this past August. My daughter and I were in a Vista Suite and both Elite, but knew there would only be one setup, which was fine. But, when the cabin steward came in he asked if we had gotten 2! I told him, No, but only expected one. He said that since we were in the full suite and Elite we were entitled to 2 and he would see we got it. Now, I was surprised and probably looked like a deer caught in the headlights about this and didn't expect anything. Heck, we have had the Grand Suite on several cruises with Elite status and only got one bar setup. Well, about an hour later here came the second one.

I can say this has only happened once and I don't ever expect to see it again. We were even on the Star not that long ago in the Grand Suite and didn't get this then either. It was nice, but one was really all we needed.

So, Susan, did you feel compelled to drink all of that yourself? :D :D You wouldn't want it to go to waste, you know! :D :D

We just reached Elite. Neither of us drink alcohol. Can we switch to all soda and water? Thanks

Tahoe782

Yes. Just call room service. They will do a 1 for 1 switchout; for example: 8 bottles of alcohol can be traded for any combination of 8 cans of soda and bottles of water.

Yes. Just call room service. They will do a 1 for 1 switchout; for example: 8 bottles of alcohol can be traded for any combination of 8 cans of soda and bottles of water.

From reading a few other posts, it sounds as though you got shorted in the exchange :eek: especially when the sodas only cost them around 10 cents a can.

From reading a few other posts, it sounds as though you got shorted in the exchange :eek: especially when the sodas only cost them around 10 cents a can.

That's your choice. If you don't need the booze, you get the soda. Someone mentioned you get $$$ value; if so, I've never seen it. 8 little boozies get me 8 diet Cokes. I also don't consider this as being shorted. This is a freebie; I'm not paying for the Cokes. I'm not cruising Princess for the bar setup.

Pia

Archived