WHO'S ON BOARD: Officers, Staff and Crew

C 2 C

Has anyone heard of a Social Hostess by the name of Marlena??? She is suppose to be on the Constellation.

She is currently co hostess (not "Melissa's assistant") on Summit until Oct, due to the large number of elites on the Canada cruises. She will go on the Nov 7 Infinity for the first half of the cruise and get off in Panama, her home, then whe will pick up the Connie's transatlantic on Nov 24. It looks like this would have to be her start of a new contract, but with only a couple of weeks off.

We first met her in March on her very first cruise, where she was great at her job immediately. It was good to see her on Summit the last two weeks where it was obvious she was improved in her self confidence and still very friendly. I will tell you now if she is the CC hostess on your cruise, she is a joy and you lucked out.

Re: comments about staff made here and other cruisecritic posts. I remind you to take the collective opinion regarding a staff member. Never take the word of a single posters "facts". While the observations could be factual, you never know who is saying it unless you have gained insight from many of their posts to get an idea of the source. I'm relatively confident that if a poster did not receive the center-of-attention treatment or was unreasonable, or overdemanding toward a staffer, that could be the reason for negative comments, thus take the collective opinion, not a single one.

Arno, thanks for keeping this thread going, you can check post http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=40044026&postcount=22 to see Summit's current staff. Two have even changed since last week. The OP of that thread is crazy (I say that affectionately) with all his (internet time) to post pics of the cruise. For me I get to see my cruise all over again.

Two have even changed since last week. The OP of that thread is crazy (I say that affectionately) with all his (internet time) to post pics of the cruise. For me I get to see my cruise all over again.

I read your mind and spotted it:

OnboardSep24.png

Re: comments about staff made here and other cruisecritic posts. I remind you to take the collective opinion regarding a staff member. Never take the word of a single posters "facts". While the observations could be factual, you never know who is saying it unless you have gained insight from many of their posts to get an idea of the source.

Very sage advice. More than one cruiser has posted a retraction about initial impression.

I know that we have our favourites but too many leave because of having a very tough job with weekly confrontations.

Very sage advice. More than one cruiser has posted a retraction about initial impression.

I know that we have our favourites but too many leave because of having a very tough job with weekly confrontations.

Agree. As someone once said posting on the internet is like sending a postcard, not a sealed letter. If one has negative comments about staff there are certainly places to report. But, I don't believe these pages are the proper place. Anyone can have a bad day or week. I've given some specific examples in other posts.

We first met her in March on her very first cruise, where she was great at her job immediately. It was good to see her on Summit the last two weeks where it was obvious she was improved in her self confidence and still very friendly. I will tell you now if she is the CC hostess on your cruise, she is a joy and you lucked out.

I first met Marlena in April/May during Pacific Coastal/Alaska cruises, and while it was apparent that she was relatively new to her position, I felt she was friendly and approachable. I am so glad to hear that her self confidence has improved. I look forward to sailing with her again.

Does anyone know who is captain club host on Millie currently since repairs? Thanks, sailing Oct 22 and curious who we will have onboard.

OnboardSep24.png

There should be a change in the Guest Relations Manager within the next month

Everyone has their own unique experience and while I may agree there are other avenues to voice concerns regarding an individual, voicing disappointments add balance to this site. The uncomfortable experience of a poster could bring uncomplimentary or unprofessional behavior to attention, where it could be corrected. I enjoy meeting and being friendly with fellow cruisers, staff, and crew. However, I do expect, especially on Celebrity, a level of professionalism. I might add I have met very few Celebrity employees that do not exceed my expectations.

Everyone has their own unique experience and while I may agree there are other avenues to voice concerns regarding an individual, voicing disappointments add balance to this site. The uncomfortable experience of a poster could bring uncomplimentary or unprofessional behavior to attention, where it could be corrected. I enjoy meeting and being friendly with fellow cruisers, staff, and crew. However, I do expect, especially on Celebrity, a level of professionalism. I might add I have met very few Celebrity employees that do not exceed my expectations.

Don't want to start a debate on this thread, but if you find that there is a problem while on the cruise report it to a Senior Officer in the department that is responsible. Give them a chance to make it right prior to going public. Everyone, including staff has the right to defend themselves against unfair attack. Will say nothing more.

I first met Marlena in April/May during Pacific Coastal/Alaska cruises, and while it was apparent that she was relatively new to her position, I felt she was friendly and approachable. I am so glad to hear that her self confidence has improved. I look forward to sailing with her again.

We thought Marlene (spelling IS correct) was fantastic. She is from Panama and I enjoyed speaking Spanish with her. She will be great as a hostess eventually.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

We are on the 03 November TA from S-hampton to FLL aboard Eclipse. I see that Sue Denning is currently the CD. Does anyone know if she is scheduled to remain onboard through the reposition? She is just terrific.

Thanks! Mike

I believe she is on until November ... which does not help much for your question. Whether she does the TA or not is not known by my sources... :confused:

Hi,Arno

In case this info did not reach you ,here's the crew info off that sailing we were part of.

Master;Theodoros Zakkas ( a.k.a.;''Captain Theo'')

Staff Captain;Nikolaos Zacharopoulos

Chief Engineer:Georgios Karlis

GRM:Cristian Comira

HD: Peter Nodal

CD: Steve Gayda

F&B: Fabio Scaglione

Executive Chef: Rene Rojas

CC hostess;Melissa Snow &, in training, Marlene ( as Melissa put it, the

" M&M" team....:rolleyes:)

As an aside, we had over 1300 Captain's Club members, over 600 of whom were Elites.So, the ''3 vouchers/day'' system was in use, as well as

an open bar in Revelations 5-7pm. How more flexible and convenient can it be....?

There were 4 entertainers ( other than the usual Accapella group ),Jordan Bateman, Brandi Page, (x?X? ) Aing and a drummer whose first name was Matthew. As usual, they alternated all over the place. Some spelling might be wrong.

Select dining worked like a charm...and at ''rush hour'' no less ( ''7.00pm-ish" ) and we even got picky and insisted on a table for 2; never a problem...and we had a weebit over 2200 guests on board !

All in all; a classic text book ==X==voyage.

Hope this helps you with your fantastic and in depth ''who's on board'' chart upkeep......for which we all thank you .

Cheers

Regards to Joanne.

Master: Captain Zisis Taramas

Hotel Director: Sue Richardson

Chief Engineer: Stavros Zannikos

Cruise Director: Paul Baya

Staff Captain: Panagiotis Kiousis

Food & Beverage Manager: Mark Tomley

Guest Relations Manager: Mario Tavares

Executive Chef: Robert Sauer

CC Hostess: Tanushka D'Souza

Naturalist: Brent Nixon

Beyond the Podium Speaker: Kurt Mondloch (Sailing)

Party Band: Sol Provider

Guitar and Vocals: Jonny Mantra

Classical Trio: Chroma String Trio

Contemporary Jazz/Rock: Ryan Johnson Quartet

Jazz Quartet: Off the Record

Does anybody know how I can find the full name of the sommelier we had our CS cruise. We just got off the ship in IST. I would like to write Miami and say how his service was absolutely wonderful. I got the waiter and asst waiters name but sadly have only what I think the first name of the sommelier is:( any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance:)

OnboardSep24.png

SOLSTICE, September 13 to 23, 2013

Master: Captain Zisis Taramas

Hotel Director: Sue Richardson

Chief Engineer: Stavros Zannikos

Cruise Director: Paul Baya

Staff Captain: Panagiotis Kiousis

Food & Beverage Manager: Mark Tomley

Guest Relations Manager: Mario Tavares

Executive Chef: Robert Sauer

CC Hostess: Tanushka D'Souza

Naturalist: Brent Nixon

Beyond the Podium Speaker: Kurt Mondloch (Sailing)

]

Do I assume correctly that Capt Y Berdos took over from Capt Taramas as of Sept 24 (and therefore can we expect him to be onboard through to Xmas)?

Edited by boeckli

Do I assume correctly that Capt Y Berdos took over from Capt Taramas as of Sept 24 (and therefore can we expect him to be onboard through to Xmas)?

Captain Yannis Bardos assumed command September 22nd according to a friend onboard. Whether he will be onboard through Christmas is not known. Three months on/off pattern might suggest he will be home for Christmas.

Solstice is in port Dec 22nd in NZ.

Does anybody know how I can find the full name of the sommelier we had our CS cruise. We just got off the ship in IST. )

Could you provide details of CS staffing?

We will be boarding CS October 7th and might be able to get a name for you. I would need more info since many move around the dining room.

Thanks elena7seas and c-legs. Changes continue according to live threads.

Captain Yannis Bardos assumed command September 22nd according to a friend onboard. Whether he will be onboard through Christmas is not known. Three months on/off pattern might suggest he will be home for Christmas.

Solstice is in port Dec 22nd in NZ.

Thanks - she will actually be in Sydney on Dec 22nd, the day we disembark :)