Low Tech Request of Royal Caribbean

nealberk

With so many high tech goodies on all of the newer ships including ice rinks, climbing walls,and wave riders, why not give us a really low tech pleasure - a simple swing set on one of the decks overlooking the water. Not one of those kiddie swings where you have a swing that can shoot out 20 feet but a simple wooden swing where people could relax and just take in the wonderful ocean in a tranquil manner.

How about it, Royal Caribbean, can you do this for the swingers?

He he, when I read the first few words, I envisioned little children on swing sets swining so high and flying over the railings!:eek: Though I do love the idea of the swings you are talking about. I think it would very relaxing and enjoyed by many guests.

I like the idea too! In fact when I read the thread it reminded me of the old John Anderson song, "Swingin".

So, with that song in mind, let me apologize in advance as I couldn't help myself. Here goes:

There's a little girl on our cruisin’ ship

Her name is Charlette Johnson and she's really lookin good

I had to go and see her, so I called on her extension

I walked down to her cabin, and this was goin' on

Her brother was on the pullman eatin chocolate strawberries

Her momma was in the bathroom dressing for formal night

Her daddy was on the balcony smokin a Cuban rolled

I walked with Charlotte to the pool deck feelin love down to my toes

And we were swingin'

Yes we were swingin'

Little Charlotte she's as pretty

As the Royal Caribbean Singers when they sing

I can't believe I'm out here

On the pool deck in this swing

Just a-swingin'

Now Charlotte's she's a Diamond, she's been cruising all her life

And when I'm on the swing with her it makes me almost high

And Charlotte is my lover and she has been since St. Martin

I just can't believe it started on the pool deck in this swing

And we were swingin'

Yes we were swingin'

Little Charlotte she's as pretty

As the Royal Caribbean Singers when they sing

I can't believe I'm out here

On the pool deck in this swing

Just a-swingin'

I'm thinking swinging means a different thing altogether in the UK..... offering the opportunity to swing to the UK market would encourage a completely different type of guest. Rofl. ;) :o
As George Bernard Shaw said, we are two people separated by a common language. However in this case I think we are on the same page, as there is intentional heavy double entendre in these posts. Not the case when I almost choked on my beer listening to a guy [who was a quite good sketch artist] from the UK mention to an American girl whom he was trying to pick up that "someone had (k)nicked his rubber".:eek:

With so many high tech goodies on all of the newer ships including ice rinks, climbing walls,and wave riders, why not give us a really low tech pleasure - a simple swing set on one of the decks overlooking the water. Not one of those kiddie swings where you have a swing that can shoot out 20 feet but a simple wooden swing where people could relax and just take in the wonderful ocean in a tranquil manner.

How about it, Royal Caribbean, can you do this for the swingers?

Do you mean something like this?

There were 4 of these on the Independence in the Solarium.

SSL12156.jpg.b462d59bf866fe3b1a360776b074fa3e.jpg

As George Bernard Shaw said, we are two people separated by a common language. However in this case I think we are on the same page, as there is intentional heavy double entendre in these posts. Not the case when I almost choked on my beer listening to a guy [who was a quite good sketch artist] from the UK mention to an American girl whom he was trying to pick up that "someone had (k)nicked his rubber".:eek:

Really? I had no idea. :eek: Are you sure? They did provide proper pictures and all.

Archived