Upgrade Fairy Alive And Well

Tanker4

Love hearing those stories! thanks for sharing. By the way, are you Plat. or Diamond? Do you think that factored into your upgrade? Just wondering..

Yes, we are Diamond but don't know if that was a factor or not. We were also upgraded a couple of years ago on the Enchantment and were Platinum at the time so that may not have a lot to do with it.

Hi,

Wondering if you are celebrating anything special on this cruise.

On our last cruise we had a honeymoon couple who got upgraded from a JS to Grand Suite.

Not anything special other than spending 10 days with my DW.;) We did book this cruise about a year and a half ago and had a corner aft JS. Hate to give up the corner aft balcony but the extra room in the GS will be nice.

We got upgraded from an oceanview to a junior suite and were Platium at the time on a New England cruise. We are now Diamond and half way to Diamond Plus and have had no further visits from the Upgrade Fairy.

I do think it is a very nice gesture by RCL to upgrade people. :)

We are Diamond Plus on RCI and have never been given an upgrade. In fact, the one time we booked an OV guarantee, we were assigned the worst room possible and had to PAY to get a decent OV room.

We booked our second Princess cruise a few weeks ago and booked a balcony guarantee. We have been assigned the highest level of balcony - go figure.

My family just went on our first ever RC Cruise and we originally booked a Junior Suite on deck 10. Imagine our surprise when we went to check in that we were upgraded to a Family Suite on Deck 8 - one of the Aft cabins too. It was truly amazing. They certainly made one heck of a first impression!!!

My guess somebody wanted that corner aft cabin pretty bad and they decided to give you the upgrade and see how you would react to it.

Some people would be mad losing that aft corner cabin.

Doesn't seem to bother you so enjoy your cruise in your new cabin.

Jimbo:)

My JS wasn't aft - the FS I was upgraded to was!

We booked cabin # 1352 and were upgraded to cabin # 8394.

I think that Jimbo was talking about the OP, Tanker4.

But you got a fantastic upgrade! I'm so glad for you. And they hooked you, didn't they? ;) ;) :p :D

We had a JS booked on the Grandeur next month for a 10 day cruise. Received and email from RCL this evening and they have upgraded us to a Grand Suite. Guess upgrades sometimes do happen.:D

What a wonderful surprise!! Enjoy your cruie!!

Laura

My guess somebody wanted that corner aft cabin pretty bad and they decided to give you the upgrade and see how you would react to it.

Some people would be mad losing that aft corner cabin.

Doesn't seem to bother you so enjoy your cruise in your new cabin.

We've had aft's before, and we'll do them again but haven't had a GS so it will be something different and the extra cabin size will be nice especially for a 10 day. ;)

We've had aft's before, and we'll do them again but haven't had a GS so it will be something different and the extra cabin size will be nice especially for a 10 day. ;)

Completly understand, it's just that some people will not give up their aft cabin at any cost without a fight or a stink.

With the grand suite you will be able to use the Conceirge Lounge also, free drinks !

Completly understand, it's just that some people will not give up their aft cabin at any cost without a fight or a stink.

With the grand suite you will be able to use the Conceirge Lounge also, free drinks !

No CL on the Grandeur.:( Guess we'll have to make do at the bars (and a little extra we always carry with us for medicinal purposes).;)

BTW, Congrats on the Phillies. You guys whooped up on our Rays. We're a young bunch though so maybe we'll meet again next year.:)

Congrats. Should make for a nice cruise!!!

How is Dade City....been a while since I was there of in Zephyrhills....

Dade City is still, well, Dade City. A small town that hasn't grown much but nice to visit. We actually live about 10 miles North of town out in the country in and area with a few cattle ranches all around. Zephyrhills is in the beginning stages of becoming a bedroom community of Tampa and I'm sure the long term trend is to expand that further North.

Not anything special other than spending 10 days with my DW.;) We did book this cruise about a year and a half ago and had a corner aft JS. Hate to give up the corner aft balcony but the extra room in the GS will be nice.

We're on the same cruise and also have a aft J/S on Deck 8. We also booked a year and a half ago and are Diamond members. If it wasn't us that got visited I'm glad it was one of our CC group.

We're on the same cruise and also have a aft J/S on Deck 8. We also booked a year and a half ago and are Diamond members. If it wasn't us that got visited I'm glad it was one of our CC group.

Evening David&Kim. Looking forward to seeing you and all of our other group on board. Keep Ortrud straight...;)

Archived