OK. I've waited long enough! Secret large Solstice Balconies, please!!!

Muushka

Vista Deck: 8189, 8162, 8255, 8257, 8253, 8236, 8226, 8232, 8279, 8283, 8252, 8256

I do wonder - hasn't 8230 (beeing the most far out cabin on the hump) a larger veranda than 8232? :confused:

@sollan please contact me..... risnesundrupflin at aol.com

Got your Cape Horn T shirts!! The ones to replace your lost ones......

Sorry had to hijack the thread because fellow poster doesn't have an email posted so I hope they come back to read this thread and your answers and will notice this post in thre process.

I do wonder - hasn't 8230 (beeing the most far out cabin on the hump) a larger veranda than 8232? :confused:

Here's the deal: Celebrity issued a deck plan for Solstice and Equinox (and I think Eclipse) that was a little broken for deck 8 (Vista). The cabin numbers were all there, in the right order, and the color coding for cabin classes were all correct, but the actual drawing showed the hump starting a little farther aft than it really is. (There are some details in this thread.)

The upshot is that if you were looking at the broken deck plan, you would think some cabins are on the angle that really aren't, or you might think a cabin's on the hump when it's really on the angle.

It took a few years, but eventually Celebrity made a corrected deck plan. Silhouette's deck plan has always been correct, and the corrected plan for Solstice, Equinox, and Eclipse is now up on the Celebrity site and on Cruise Critic (like here). However, lots of other web sites still show the wrong deck plan (like for example this one. Notice how the colors don't quite match the curves of the ship? Again, the colors are correct. The curves are not.)

This has caused no end of confusion on these boards, and lots of people have compiled "largest balcony lists" using assumptions based on the position of cabins on the old deck plan; assumptions that would be wrong. There are other correct lists out there, but when people copy and paste info out of old threads, they're probably inadvertently perpetuating incorrect info about the deck 8 cabins.

Now, looking at the corrected deck plan and applying the same logic as for the other decks, the largest balconies on deck 8 should be: 8160, 8197, 8226, 8230, 8252, 8253, 8256, 8257, 8279, 8283.

So, solian, the (long-winded) answer to your question is "yes". 8230 has a larger balcony than 8232.

Here's the deal: Celebrity issued a deck plan for Solstice and Equinox (and I think Eclipse) that was a little broken for deck 8 (Vista). The cabin numbers were all there, in the right order, and the color coding for cabin classes were all correct, but the actual drawing showed the hump starting a little farther aft than it really is. (There are some details in this thread.)

The upshot is that if you were looking at the broken deck plan, you would think some cabins are on the angle that really aren't, or you might think a cabin's on the hump when it's really on the angle.

It took a few years, but eventually Celebrity made a corrected deck plan. Silhouette's deck plan has always been correct, and the corrected plan for Solstice, Equinox, and Eclipse is now up on the Celebrity site and on Cruise Critic (like here). However, lots of other web sites still show the wrong deck plan (like for example this one. Notice how the colors don't quite match the curves of the ship? Again, the colors are correct. The curves are not.)

This has caused no end of confusion on these boards, and lots of people have compiled "largest balcony lists" using assumptions based on the position of cabins on the old deck plan; assumptions that would be wrong. There are other correct lists out there, but when people copy and paste info out of old threads, they're probably inadvertently perpetuating incorrect info about the deck 8 cabins.

Now, looking at the corrected deck plan and applying the same logic as for the other decks, the largest balconies on deck 8 should be: 8160, 8197, 8226, 8230, 8252, 8253, 8256, 8257, 8279, 8283.

So, solian, the (long-winded) answer to your question is "yes". 8230 has a larger balcony than 8232.

Thanks!:)

It seems that they use the same deckplan for all S-ships on X site though. Is it so or do I imagine that? I understood from a earlier answer that Silhuette differs from the other S-ships.

I get cross eyed in my attempt to do my home work properly... :rolleyes: I don't know what ship we (hopefully) will do the TA on so I try to find out so much I can about all ships. Not a easy task...!

Based on the excellent information in this thread and the cabin info sticky we have changed cabins from 7238 and 7218 on Sunrise Deck to 8226 and 8230 on Vista Deck for our Eastern Med cruise on Equinox, Sep 30th.

Thanks to everyone for this invaluable information, because of this great resource we now have two cabins with large balconies and bed near bath which seems to me to be the best configuration.

Really looking forward to our first cruise, thanks for all the help

Graham :D

Thanks!:)

It seems that they use the same deckplan for all S-ships on X site though. Is it so or do I imagine that? I understood from a earlier answer that Silhuette differs from the other S-ships.

Yes, Silhouette is a little different because it has a couple of extra cabins. For example, compare deck 8 on Solstice to deck 8 on Silhouette in the aft of the ship. The numbering of the aft cabins is a wee bit different because there was room to cram a couple of extra balcony cabins on the sides and an extra inside cabin back there.

Also, Reflection will have a whole additional deck when it's finished being built.

• 2 months later...

I have just booked 1104/1106/1108 for a cruise in 2013. I know these have large balconies but my questions are- 1) can we open the door between all of these cabins. I read somewhere that there is a support beam between some cabins and you can't walk between the cabins. Are these rooms involved? 2)Is there a stewards cupboard near these rooms that would be noisy? 3) Is there an overhang that would block our sun? Thank you in advance for your replies.

• 2 weeks later...

to print this post click on the # at the top right and it will give you the single post to print

icon1.gifEquinox cabins with large balconies

Found this earlier - sounded interesting. I had saved this from another thread. Seems like good info! "I personally LOVED my C1 hump cabin #1243 - about triple the size of a standard balcony - it was HUGE!!!!! Literally the largest non-suite balcony on the ship! The balcony was great for hosting cocktail parties - we had 25+ people out there one day! Being on the aft part of the hump there was virtually no wind issue to deal with. We got sun when we wanted it, and shade if desired as well. Due to balcony depth there were no privacy issues related to the angled shape.

There are 58 +/- cabins with the same size balcony we had - they are:

Resort Deck: 2105, 2109, 2106, 2110

Penthouse Deck: 1547, 1552, 1601, 1605, 1606, 1610

Sky Deck: 1075, 1044, 1231, 1243, 1247, 1108, 1120, 1124

Panorama Deck: 9155, 9192, 9209, 9215, 9237, 9241, 9266, 9270, 9292, 9296

Vista Deck: 8160, 8197, 8226, 8230, 8252, 8253, 8256, 8257, 8279, 8283.

Sunrise Deck: 7159, 7206, 7215, 7219, 7241, 7245, 7260, 7264, 7286, 7290

Continental Deck: 6155, 6156, 6209, 6215, 6237, 6241, 6210, 6214, 6236, 6240

Most of these are on the hump, but some are forward where the ship starts to indent. The rooms run the range from Category 2C, 1A, C1, or AQ (with the exception of 6209/6210 which are categorized as 07 Obstucted Balcony - great balcony at a small price!). There are also many cabins adjacent to the ones I listed that also have oversized balconies that are about double the size of normal ones, but I would go for the triple sized ones first :D

to print this post click on the # at the top right and it will give you the single post to print

Thanks! I have always wondered how to do that!

OP here. We stayed in 1601 a few weeks back. That cabin was awesome. Thanks to all who gave such great input.

Thinking of booking our first Celebrity cruise on the Equinox. Looking at cabin 8334. The balcony LOOKS pretty large on the deck plans. Has anyone stayed in this cabin and can tell me if it is indeed larger? We spend a lot of time on our balcony and to us this is one of the most important things that we look for.

Thanks in advance!

• 3 months later...
We stayed in SS 6304. I was concerned about the ledge beyond the veranda rail. I think it is one of the specialty restaurants below. To be honest, it didn't block the view and the room was very large compared to the SS we have stayed in previously. The balcony was also larger as it was angled. I would definitely book a room with this same layout. Also, the room had a large entry foyer that is shared with an adjacent cabin. It was very quiet. One last note....we didn't find the closet space to be an issue at all--I think it was larger than the closets on Galaxy (we sailed on her for 11 days). Perhaps other cabins on Solstice have smaller closets.

Do you have any pictures of 6304 on the Celebrity Soltstice? Thanks

We have been told - and it appears the photos verify it - that we will have a large balcony - CC 1243. I'll report back on January 5.

We were in #1243 Hump cabin on the Equinox....one of the largest on the hump...each balcony on the hump goes down in size from that one (just a little).

Yes, Silhouette is a little different because it has a couple of extra cabins. For example, compare deck 8 on Solstice to deck 8 on Silhouette in the aft of the ship. The numbering of the aft cabins is a wee bit different because there was room to cram a couple of extra balcony cabins on the sides and an extra inside cabin back there.

Also, Reflection will have a whole additional deck when it's finished being built.

So...interesting...I always TRY to book #8344 Aft (largest verandah)on S Class (also those in a line above/below it), but on the Silouette the 4th cabin over is #8348. Thanks for the info!!

We had cabin # 8197 on Vista deck; it has the largest angled balcony. Here's a picture with our balcony circled that clearly shows the difference in the sizes of the angled balconies.

2915590740028318781pPlNvb_th.jpg

Here's a picture of our balcony taken from inside our cabin.

2586578660028318781rjYSDc_th.jpg

And here's a picture of the other starboard hump that shows the difference in sizes of those balconies.

2354175960028318781BNBcyi_th.jpg

• 9 months later...

We are booked on the Silhouette~ room 6158. Is this balcony a little larger on the hump or the same basic size just angled? Thanks for the info.! I appreciate your time. Does anyone know if the bed or sofa is closest to the balcony?

• 9 months later...
Are you saying that 8348 on Silhouette has a larger balcony than the other SV on deck 8? Thanks

I am very interested in the answer to this question. We just put a deposit down for a summer 2014 Silhouette sailing and are holding 8348. Hoping this is one of the larger balconies!! Any info to confirm would be much appreciated. We are platinum with Princess, giving Celebrity a try for the first time - can't wait!!! :D Have read a lot of nice things.

Are you saying that 8348 on Silhouette has a larger balcony than the other SV on deck 8? Thanks

We have stayed in #8344 ..4th from the right and 4th from the left are the larger verandahs on deck 8, also those above and below, due to a cabin steward service room next door and deck expands over the width of it (no noise in our experience). Silhouette seems to have different cabin numbering.

• 4 months later...
Hi,

We are looking at sailing on the Silhouette. I know that the support beams for the overhang affect the Penthouse deck (11) balconies, but do they also affect the Sky deck (10)?

Thanks.

The support beams aft of the hump come down in between every other stateroom onto Deck 11 to support the Oceanview Café above. No problems whatsoever on Deck 10, aft of the hump.

Forward of the hump, the support beam comes down from the Pool Deck above onto Deck 10.

Archived