LIVE LIVE LIVE from the MARINER with MERION MOM for 53 DAYS!!!

Merion_Mom

Yeah Daryl! She's a computer wiz, and one of the nicest people we have met through Cruise Critic. :D I'm so happy that you were able to post the photos Carol.:D The Nelsons are cute, and the photo with your daughter is fabulous. :):) We'd love to see more...but we understand the slow (and expensive) internet. :p

Fabulous posting and awesome photos! 2 nights and a wakeup for us. Time to pack and get ready for some warmer weather :D See you all very soon.

Have a good flight down to Rio!! Are you just staying aboard for the one leg........or staying with her to Los Angeles??

Rick

You are lonely, aren't you Rick? LOL;)...wrong thread. :)

For what Pat?? I was just asking Doug and Jane.......astralj....knowing that they leave in a couple of days for Rio and the Mariner.......if they were staying on for more than one leg??

Which thread would you like me on???:D:D

Rick

Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

That's my 23 year old daughter. I'll post one of me and Gunnar later..................................... ;)

Great pic of your daughter!

I have really enjoying this thread. Mariner is my fav ship and I will miss her!

We have Freedom booked for May 4th(1st sailing out of P.C.) and I am sailing her with a skeptical eye!! Can she top Mariner???!!!

Alas, since I just gained the ability to post pictures, I have not been able to post illustrations WITH my commentary. That makes this thread somewhat less useful, and I am sorry for that.

Barbados was the last of our Caribbean stops, but here are some pictures. Our first stop on our tour was Harrison Cave.

The stalactites and stalagmites are just magnificent. Enjoy!

2254831680077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

2302552070077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

2890914040077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

2684456380077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

2323250860077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

2395422730077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

Hi Carol,

It is really cool that you take the time to report about your cruise online. Definitely a sort of dream come true to do a 53 day cruise!!!!!!!!!!

Love the picture of your daughter with the Nelsons. We saw the Nelsons on our Freedom cruise in June, 2008 and they were great! Very accessible and friendly. One weird deal was one night (we had late seating) and one member of our table came back from the restroom and said the Nelson Bros. were having trouble getting into the dining room because they were too late. Strange. Like you can't find a table for them????

Anyway, sounds like you guys are having the time of your life, keep posting!

Happy New Year,

Colleen

Morning Carol..........ah, this reminds me of your old self.....getting into the swing of stories and pictures of your adventures.

I hope that Bobbie passed on $$ that I sent to help offset the internet bill, and I have more for you on the last leg. It's so great that you are willing to take the time and effort to have us all there with you.

Rick

Can anyone tell me how much the drinks are: beer, wine, mixed drinks. I am going on the Mariner on March 8th and I am trying to get an idea what our bar bill might look like at the end of the week.

thanks

Hi Tazie

We are also on Mariner on March 8. Have you registered for the M and M and signed onto the thread?

Dee

For those of you lucky folks on the Mariner, thanks for posting your adventures. Keep an eye out for two very dear twin sisters Jane and Joan. They are on all three legs of the trip and have sailed almost 50 times with RCCL. Phenomenal women if you have the chance to speak with them, their stories are incredible!

Smooth sailings.

Great pictures of the stalactites and stalagmites. I always worry that I will get the spelling wrong and forget which is up and which is down. We haven't seen the caves in years and might do them again if we do the 2009 holiday Explorer which stops in Barbados on Boxing Day !!!!!. Nothing else is open.

Waiting for more pictures. How about a pic of the Divas in the RFS?

I always worry that I will get the spelling wrong and forget which is up and which is down. We haven't seen the caves in years and might do them again if we do the 2009 holiday Explorer which stops in Barbados on Boxing Day !!!!!. Nothing else is open.

The clue I've always used is that stalactites must be stuck tight to the ceiling, or else they would fall! :)

Theron

Oh, good one....both of you. Maybe I can remember now. Won't matter much tho because after the Catacombs I said I would never go underground again:eek:

Wasn't that place something???? We tried our best to be respectful and quiet, but there were so many on our tour making wise cracks.

The tour ended with our little, rather high pitched voice nun saying "Never give up! Never surrender!" All I could think of was the movie "Galaxie Quest".

The clue I've always used is that stalactites must be stuck tight to the ceiling, or else they would fall! :)

Theron

The way I was taught as a teenage male, is that Tights come down!!!:D

Or for stalagmites: MITES crawl on the ground. :)

ETA: My first post on this thread has nothing to do with cruising... :/

THANKS, Merion Mom for taking us along on this incredible journey. Wishing you the BEST!

Will someone who is on the Mariner coming to LA please check for me to see if they will accomidate 8 for dinner at one table. I have been told no more than 6 but maybe I was told wrong we had 8 for dinner on Radience. Any how first hand knowledge would be great we will sail her April 26th to Mexico take care of her we envey all of you and thanks for checking this out for us...........Ruth

Archived