LIVE LIVE LIVE from the MARINER with MERION MOM for 53 DAYS!!!

Merion_Mom

Oh wow. I had no idea. 53 days.... that's fantastic.

So I'm now researching where you are going for the next 53 days....

and looking forward to reading your account.

Have a marvellous time.

When Mariner stopped in at Barbados, on January 10th.

I was fortunate to have lunch of board (Chops Grille) with a group of local Barbados travel agents.

Chops-401.jpg

At the time, I had no idea Mariner was on a 53-day repositioning cruise around South America!

Those of you on this cruise are so very lucky to be living on board for nearly two months (a dream of mine).

My part of the lunch-on-board deal was to be a photographer recording this amazing cruise ship

Mariner-341.jpg

..and I've now assembled a collection of (mostly interior) shots at my Photobucket account

where you're welcome to refresh your memories of the ship!

Please click on URL..

http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w219/aplmac/LUNCH%20on%20MARINER/?start=0

to see what I saw, and I hope you guys have a fabulous 53 days.

We're not jealous...oh NO. :D

Have a great cruise!

Beautiful photos.........thank you so much for sharing!!

Actually the voyage is 46 nights.............but the wonderful person that started this thread..........was on for a 7 night cruise prior to the start of the "around the horn of South America" journey.

Glad that you had the opportunity to visit the Mariner of the Seas. I can't wait to board her myself.............I just have a couple of weeks to go!!:D;)

Rick

Beautiful photos.........thank you so much for sharing!!

Actually the voyage is 46 nights.............but the wonderful person that started this thread..........was on for a 7 night cruise prior to the start of the "around the horn of South America" journey.

Glad that you had the opportunity to visit the Mariner of the Seas. I can't wait to board her myself.............I just have a couple of weeks to go!!:D;)

Rick

Hey Rick, you must be counting the days.

I will be so interested to hear how many Brazilians boarded in Salvador. If there are a lot...............the next leg of the cruise could prove very interesting.

Hey Rick, you must be counting the days.

I will be so interested to hear how many Brazilians boarded in Salvador. If there are a lot...............the next leg of the cruise could prove very interesting.

I might be wrong but I dont believe many brazilians will board in Salvador but in Rio...well let us know about the brazilians and about Brazil of course! :)

Mary, we had 10 at our table, at Chops, on the Brilliance Med cruise. I've got a group going to the Panama Canal and we'll have about 16 ... so I expect that they'll have to split us into 2 tables.

Interesting, although Chops could accommodate 10, Portofino made us split into 2 tables (4+6) ... :rolleyes:

I hope Chops will take a table of 10 I really don't want to split the group up :(......Maybe someone on board will ask :):)

Patti.............I was just going to say the same thing. The next leg starts January 19th........that's Monday, out of Rio. The ship is closed out.......and shows on some sites that it is "sold out".

On the last leg...........out of Valparaiso........there are almost as many empty cabins as there were when the ship sailed from Florida.

So..........either we have an immersion cruise, with lots of local flavors, and a totally different menu for this next leg...........or because it's an international port......not normally used for boarding by RCCL, they closed it out yesterday.

I wanted to get Bobbie an additional amount of money that she could use........thru an OBC.........and was told that yesterday was the last day that I could do that.

Obviously..........someone is going to give us a report Monday.......as to the real status!!:)

Rick

That's right: they aren't taking on any passengers until RIO; and it will be interesting to find out how many will NOT be boarding because "no visas" when departing the US :eek:

Meanwhile to all those contributing here: thanks for a job very well done...... looking forward to your impressions of South America !!

Thanks so much for all these wonderful posts! It's like being on the ship with you. Actually, my parents are with you on all 3 legs of the cruise. I have not heard a peep out of them since Barbados so I am keeping up to date thanks to you. That means they are having way too much fun.

What an amazing trip you are on and yes... they are spending my inheritance one cruise (or 3) at a time. Good for them.

Keep em' coming, you've many avid readers!

Carol, ever thought of publishing a journal of your adventures?

Thanks so much for all these wonderful posts! It's like being on the ship with you. Actually, my parents are with you on all 3 legs of the cruise. I have not heard a peep out of them since Barbados so I am keeping up to date thanks to you. That means they are having way too much fun.

What an amazing trip you are on and yes... they are spending my inheritance one cruise (or 3) at a time. Good for them.

Keep em' coming, you've many avid readers!

Carol, ever thought of publishing a journal of your adventures?

Welcome to CC......I am sure your parents are having a great time and will have many stories to tell.

We really wanted to do this 46 day cruise but we didn't want to use all of our kids inheritance all at once! LOL :D :p

I wanted to get Bobbie an additional amount of money that she could use........thru an OBC.........and was told that yesterday was the last day that I could do that.

Why not just let her rack up her Seapass and pay off the credit card bill later? You can tell I know how to defer the pain!:p:D

That's how I learned it, too.

Ruth, Mariner can easily accomodate a table for 8. We sat near several of them on our cruise in March.

Oops, I missed "Chops" in the title of your thread.:o I don't know about tables for 8 in there, but I'll bet you can do it. If you want to reserve 2 tables for 4 ahead of time, then go to the maitre d' when you board and ask to have them put together. If worst comes to worst, ask him to seat you side by side.

Why not just let her rack up her Seapass and pay off the credit card bill later? You can tell I know how to defer the pain!:p:D

Hey Jean........Bobbie's email to me was that I owed her XXX for the wine that she purchased...........so I just sent her more money. You think that she would put it on HER credit card???

I'm the one that suggested that she have the Diva's and others in for a party..........I get to pay for it!!:D:D:rolleyes:

See you in a couple of weeks............from today!!:)

Rick

When Mariner stopped in at Barbados, on January 10th.

I was fortunate to have lunch of board (Chops Grille) with a group of local Barbados travel agents.

Chops-401.jpg

At the time, I had no idea Mariner was on a 53-day repositioning cruise around South America!

Those of you on this cruise are so very lucky to be living on board for nearly two months (a dream of mine).

My part of the lunch-on-board deal was to be a photographer recording this amazing cruise ship

Mariner-341.jpg

..and I've now assembled a collection of (mostly interior) shots at my Photobucket account

where you're welcome to refresh your memories of the ship!

Please click on URL..

to see what I saw, and I hope you guys have a fabulous 53 days.

We're not jealous...oh NO. :D

Have a great cruise!

Wow. Some shots. I am so jealous but then you are using a Nikon DSLR with a 15 mm equivalent 35mm lens. My zoom only goes down to 27 mm equivalent.

Hey Jean........Bobbie's email to me was that I owed her XXX for the wine that she purchased...........so I just sent her more money. You think that she would put it on HER credit card???

I'm the one that suggested that she have the Diva's and others in for a party..........I get to pay for it!!:D:D:rolleyes:

See you in a couple of weeks............from today!!:)

Rick

And you didn't even get to share the wine....

Wow. Some shots. I am so jealous

but then you are using a Nikon DSLR with a 15 mm equivalent 35mm lens.

My zoom only goes down to 27 mm equivalent.

My D60 came with the rather ordinary 18-55 kit lens

but I soon after bought a Sigma 10-20 super-wide-angle(not that expensive)

-you should check out the possibility...somewhere around $500 these days!

Here's your favorite ship :)

Mariner-552.jpg

..docked at Barbados - 10th. January 2009

1627848746_Sigma--10-20mm_lens.jpg.a46ad2156c30113d9c761a37436ee929.jpg

AplMac, thank you so much for sharing your beautiful photos of the ship. ===> You're welcome!

We will be cruising in April and can't wait. The photos help add to the excitement

Soon enough you'll be soaking in this tub! :D

Whirlpool-374.jpg

for more pics like this

aplmac: thanks for posting the pics.... what a beautiful ship. ===> DDG ..as in Drop Dead Gorgeous!

I'm on a mission, along with others.... to spend my kids inheritance one cruise at a time too!! ===> You go girl!! :D

Started last year with Freedom class and next is Radiance class... there is a method in my madness!!

Some areas of the ship are simply compelling for a photographer.

In the three hours I was on board, I shot more than 200 frames.

Easy to do on a ship like Mariner!

Deck4-419.jpg

This area's on Deck Four, somewhere just below the Royal Promenade

Some areas of the ship are simply compelling for a photographer.

In the three hours I was on board, I shot more than 200 frames.

Easy to do on a ship like Mariner!

Deck4-419.jpg

This area's on Deck Four, somewhere just below the Royal Promenade

Loved your photos! The Mariner is my favorite ship thus far. It brings back memories seeing these lovely photographs!

Archived