LIVE LIVE LIVE from the MARINER with MERION MOM for 53 DAYS!!!

Merion_Mom

this question may have been asked already- i missed a few pages of this wonderful thread-

carol, are you keeping a journal of this most awesome vacation of a lifetime?

what are your kids studying abroad? that is so neat but i know you miss them terribly- we live in ms and our dd is studying in detroit......i should not complain about the 2 hr flt to see her anymore.................thats nothing compared to the flts you have to take to see your kids!

Rick and Bobbie hosted a lovely cocktail party in their cabin this afternoon.

People have been asking about these things, so here goes:

Abe will stay on the Mariner until about March 22 or 29, then he will get about 10 weeks of vacation before returning to the MOS.

Captain Johnny will leave the Mariner on February 22 and take 10 weeks off, then return to the Mariner.

Darn, we will miss Capt Johnny on the 22 nd....but looking at the calendar, 10 weeks brings him back on May 10 th. :D

hi Rick and Bobbie

met you on the Monarch..thanks for the dinner with the captain once in a lifetime so far

is the mariner stopping in Mexico?

going on NCL star with Claude and Jeana that are onboard with you now

we cruise with them on Feb 21,,,,,,

thanks for info

what a cruise

Carol and rick

Carol Channing married her old sweetheart from the town I live in, Modesto. She sings every year at our concerts in the park. She has not changed at all. Thank you for all of your threads on your trip. I can hardly wait until April 26th when we will be sailing on her. That is my favorite class of ships.

Darn, we will miss Capt Johnny on the 22 nd....but looking at the calendar, 10 weeks brings him back on May 10 th. :D

Linda..My e-mail this past week from RCL..

Dear Ms.____ :

Thank you for your email.

During your cruise, Captains Faevelen and Kristoffersen will be onboard. Regrettably, we are unable to advise of any additional onboard entertainment for the inaugural cruise. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Ms. ___ , thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International. We look forward to welcoming you aboard.

Sincerely,

Merlin Reynolds

Customer Service Representative

Is this wrong then?

Laura

Dear Ms.____ :

During your cruise, Captains Faevelen and Kristoffersen will be onboard. Regrettably, we are unable to advise of any additional onboard entertainment for the inaugural cruise. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Ms. ___ , thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International. We look forward to welcoming you aboard.

Sincerely,

Merlin Reynolds

Is this wrong then?

Laura

Gosh, Laura, now I don't know?????? I am not sure what Capt Johnnys last name is! :o ;)

I believe that Captain Per's last name is Kristoffersen. He's a wonderful Captain! Very personable and always around the ship chatting with the passengers. Enjoy!

Yes I think we will have both Captain Per and Captain Johnny if that e-mail is correct from RCL.:confused:

Laura

Gosh, Laura, now I don't know?????? I am not sure what Capt Johnnys last name is! :o ;)

It's Faevelen. Neat that they will both be onboard. They were both on the Mariner in 2006 for Captain Per Kristoffersen's first cruise so that Captain could learn the "ropes" of the Mariner -- he came from the Majesty.

It's Faevelen. Neat that they will both be onboard. They were both on the Mariner in 2006 for Captain Per Kristoffersen's first cruise so that Captain could learn the "ropes" of the Mariner -- he came from the Majesty.

TY...that clears that up.....funny how we get to know Captains, Concierge's and others just by their first names! ;)

Darn, we will miss Capt Johnny on the 22 nd....but looking at the calendar, 10 weeks brings him back on May 10 th. :D ***

He'll be back May 3rd. He leaves Feb 22 so that's week #1. The way I do it is I start counting week #1 the week after (in this case March 1 is #1, March 8 is week #2, March 15 is week #3 etc) he leaves so when you hit #10, that's when he's back on. Counting 10 weeks this way, #10 falls on May 3rd. It works out the other way too....It works out your way too but you have to remember that using Feb 22 as week #1 means the end of the full 10 weeks falls on May 3.

As for the letter from rccl....I'm not sure if they are answering the same question. They may have just be referring to who the 2 masters are currently assigned to Mariner of the Seas. But with festivities going on, they may indeed both be on, its new for both of them and they spent time together at STAR practicing on the simulator bringing Mariner of the Seas into San Pedro (LA).

Carol Channing married her old sweetheart from the town I live in, Modesto. She sings every year at our concerts in the park. She has not changed at all. Thank you for all of your threads on your trip. I can hardly wait until April 26th when we will be sailing on her. That is my favorite class of ships.

Is that Harry? She always talks about Harry, when she is on the radio (KGO). She sounds like such a funny and fun lady. :)

By far the highlight of my Mariner cruise last summer was the Liar's Club. I don't think I have ever laughed that hard before. Simeon was Captain Chlamydia and was the greatest.

Katie told me about his character, Captain Chlamydia, and that there was a decision made that there are too many stuffed shirts on our cruise to venture there. Too bad. Most of us would have LOVED it. ;)

this question may have been asked already- i missed a few pages of this wonderful thread-

carol, are you keeping a journal of this most awesome vacation of a lifetime?

THIS is IT!!!!!

Cindy and Judy are both blogging about it on other sites, and Paul is reporting here on CC. THIS is my journal!

what are your kids studying abroad? that is so neat but i know you miss them terribly- we live in ms and our dd is studying in detroit......i should not complain about the 2 hr flt to see her anymore.................thats nothing compared to the flts you have to take to see your kids!

My son is a junior at UMD, and is doing his spring semester in Alcala, outside of Madrid.

My daughter is working on a master's degree in meteorology at the University of Reading, just west of London. She did a semester abroad in her junior year at the University of Southampton, and got to see the Freedom when she docked there for the first time ever.

Of course, all of this means that I will be forced to spend their spring break with them in Europe. ;)

hi Rick and Bobbie

met you on the Monarch..thanks for the dinner with the captain once in a lifetime so far

is the mariner stopping in Mexico?

going on NCL star with Claude and Jeana that are onboard with you now

we cruise with them on Feb 21,,,,,,

thanks for info

what a cruise

Carol and rick

Tomorrow, Sunday, we will be in Acapulco. RC bigwigs are coming aboard.

Then one sea day, then a day in Cabo San Lucas.

Then a final sea day, and we dock in L.A. (San Pedro) ~ 8 a.m. on Thursday.

You'll be boarding while I'm getting off (again.) :)

Dear Ms.____ :

Sincerely,

Merlin Reynolds

Is this wrong then?

Laura

According to Abe it is wrong.

I believe that Captain Per's last name is Kristoffersen. He's a wonderful Captain! Very personable and always around the ship chatting with the passengers. Enjoy!

Celia, I'm wearing *your* shirt today. EVERYONE wants to know where they can buy one!!!!!

My daughter is working on a master's degree in meteorology at the University of Reading, just west of London.

Does she plan to get her Doctorate and teach? Sveral of the the meterologists with higher degrees are on TV in big markets as well.

I enjoyed my Meterology and Climatology classes, both were elective courses for me, but as a weather spotter (Skywarn) those subjects are a lot of fun, at least for me. It is useful with ranching as well.

Safe sailing!

He'll be back May 3rd. He leaves Feb 22 so that's week #1. The way I do it is I start counting week #1 the week after (in this case March 1 is #1, March 8 is week #2, March 15 is week #3 etc) he leaves so when you hit #10, that's when he's back on. Counting 10 weeks this way, #10 falls on May 3rd. It works out the other way too....It works out your way too but you have to remember that using Feb 22 as week #1 means the end of the full 10 weeks falls on May 3.

As for the letter from rccl....I'm not sure if they are answering the same question. They may have just be referring to who the 2 masters are currently assigned to Mariner of the Seas. But with festivities going on, they may indeed both be on, its new for both of them and they spent time together at STAR practicing on the simulator bringing Mariner of the Seas into San Pedro (LA).

According to Abe it is wrong.

I would tend to believe the info you are getting is more accurate than my e-mail.

I specifically asked what Capt will be on our Feb 22 cruise.

Someday I'll get the famous Capt Johnny.

Laura

Archived