LIVE LIVE LIVE from the MARINER with MERION MOM for 53 DAYS!!!

Merion_Mom

Tonight's show in the theatre was Front Row, one of the two production shows. We went, of course, as we always do. We cheer on our favorites.

One of the male dancers was sick, and they performed a man short. I doubt that anyone noticed but me. ;) They just re-block and fill-in at rehearsal in the afternoon, and hope that it all looks ok from the front of the house. It did.

Dinner tonight was extra delicious. Every now and then, your waiter will say, "There's a special tonight that's not on the menu. The chef is trying out a new dish, and would like to know what you think."

Tonight that dish was Boeuf Bourgogne. (Beef Burgundy) It was OUTSTANDING. The meat was fork tender and very flavorful. YUM.

This time I was a shellback instead of a polliwog, so I wasn't involved in the trial of miscreants. I got to stand on the deck and watch and take pictures. (of course, I can't post those yet :()

After a nice parade of passengers and crew members into the pool (they used meringue this time instead of whipped cream for "whale snot"), King Neptune said that he STILL wasn't satisfied, and we couldn't cross the equator.

The only thing that would satisfy him was the punishment of the man responsible for the Mariner invading his territory without permission.

That's right, he wanted Captain Johnny. King Neptune found him guilty, and he was summarily HEAVED into the swimming pool.

After he emerged, and the ship was 'allowed' to cross (we weren't actually at the equator yet, but they had to do the ceremony before dinner), the crew gleefully threw the Captain back in!!!!!

One of my pics shows a sopping wet Captain. :D

Today was Dave (spellbinder)'s birthday.

Cindy and Dave went to Chops for dinner, but still made it to the show so that we could cheer for Reuben, Austin, and especially ANDREW. :D

Then Dave took us out for a birthday drink at the Champagne Bar, a woefully under-used place on this cruise. Cindy had a Flirtini, Dave has a martini, and I had a Lemon Drop. YUMMMMMMMMM.

What fun on the equator crossing Carol!!

As to the pictures, I'm wondering if you aren't getting caught by the nightly maintenance CC does. Although Monday CC went bezerk all evening so that was definitely part of it.

:p

Something very weird is going on EITHER with the ship's internet or the CC website.

I can use my own computer and log-in and upload photos to webshots.

When I try to visit CC, I get kicked offline.

REPEATEDLY.

I have been trying for half an hour to get on here and post photos. I have given up, and am up on Deck 8 in the internet café just writing to you.

Quite the mystery.

Anyway, Cloris Leachman was great. I have cool pictures to share...........some day. Tomorrow, she will perform a one-woman show at 2 P.M.

So, Young Frankenstein was as funny as ever.

Some people asked really um, stupid questions afterwards.

For example, one person asked Cloris which was her most memorable role. About five minutes later, someone asked her which was her most memorable role. HUH?????

Here's my favorite:

Someone actually asked her, after about twenty minutes of her irreverent and rollicking quips and remarks, "Did you enjoy making Young Frankenstein?" She thought for about a nanosecond and said, "Nah. I shoulda stayed in bed."

i would loved to see clorass and dorass together. did they meet?;):p:D:o

Carol, what a great trip -- and a great thread! I LOVE your descriptions of your tours and travels... what you eat and drink and buy... your traveling companions, your favorite shows, the BIG STARS! What fun!!!

Sorry you've been ill, and that the internet has been ill, too -- although it seems both are on the mend. I have really been enjoying taking this unique cruise vicariously through your delightful posts. Thank you so much.

Your friend and roomie,

Carol, glad to finally see you posting again! Can't wait to see all of your pictures on Webshots!

I'm so sorry to hear about many of the passengers being ill. I can attest to you, that this respiratory stuff is going around all over the country. I had it for six weeks after returning from Orlando.

Stay well, drink lots, and enjoy!!!

Hey Carol,

I will be in Ensenada on Saturday. I will think of you when I see the brandy in the grocery store! :D

Jim, I hope you have a fun time with the Monarch Refugees. My friend, Ally, was on the Paradise a couple of weekends ago. She advises that Ensenada is devastated, due to the loss of the Monarch revenue. Most sadly, the Bag Store has closed!!! :eek::(

We're waiting for the Review (and the pix, of course!) ;) ~ L

Jim, I hope you have a fun time with the Monarch Refugees. My friend, Ally, was on the Paradise a couple of weekends ago. She advises that Ensenada is devastated, due to the loss of the Monarch revenue. Most sadly, the Bag Store has closed!!! :eek::(

We're waiting for the Review (and the pix, of course!) ;) ~ L

That's such a shame. I think Carnival has added a stop there from its San Diego 3/4 nighters, so perhaps things will improve.

Carol, glad to see you're up and about!

Rick, your car is still running....:D

Hey Carol,

I will be in Ensenada on Saturday. I will think of you when I see the brandy in the grocery store! :D

Jim, I sure hope you have a wonderful time on the "other cruise ship." We will be interested to see your review/report!

Enjoy Ensenada! We sure miss cruising to this Port. :(

That's such a shame. I think Carnival has added a stop there from its San Diego 3/4 nighters, so perhaps things will improve.

Carol, glad to see you're up and about!

Rick, your car is still running....:D

Celia, you don't mention to where his car is still running ... :p

Tonight's show in the theatre was Front Row, one of the two production shows. We went, of course, as we always do. We cheer on our favorites.

One of the male dancers was sick, and they performed a man short. I doubt that anyone noticed but me. ;) They just re-block and fill-in at rehearsal in the afternoon, and hope that it all looks ok from the front of the house. It did.

Dinner tonight was extra delicious. Every now and then, your waiter will say, "There's a special tonight that's not on the menu. The chef is trying out a new dish, and would like to know what you think."

Tonight that dish was Boeuf Bourgogne. (Beef Burgundy) It was OUTSTANDING. The meat was fork tender and very flavorful. YUM.

Cardinal dining rule. Always listen to your waiter.

I am glad you survived your ailment.

What a great experience you have had! I would have preferred Gene Wilder or Mel Brooks, or Terry Garr... Ooo la la. As a child I thought she was extra hot if a bit ditzy. I am going to share a dark secret here, when I was 16 a friend of ours moved to the big city, so we went to the big city me and buddy to see our friend. He took us to an adult theatre, truly my only time ever in an adult theatre. There were two films. You won't believe who was in the second film.... yep Cloris Leachman. I think the Mary Tyler Moore show was new on the air at the time, and I recognized that I knew her. Now, she was never doing anything or even undressed as far as I remember. She was reminincing with her husband about how they met. Then a young hot chick and guy would do... Anyway, at the end I think it turns out it was like Psycho, because the husband was sitting in a chair all skelator.

Sorry, back to your regular programming.

Rick have fun!

I hope Paul is healthy by now!

jc

jc

Excellent advice jc. We had a waiter on one of our cruises who was spot on with all of his recommendations. On the last night of our cruise he came to our table and advised us that the people at first seating had complained that the beef tenderloin was tough and so he recommended that we not order it. Of course one of the people at our table ignored his advice and ordered the beef tenderloin and when it came, complained that it was tough.:rolleyes: Duh!

I thought that perhaps Paul threw his back out trying to fill in for the sick male dancer in the production show. ;)

Glad to hear that everyone is getting better but sorry that your days onboard are dwindling down to a precious few.:(

Celia, you don't mention to where his car is still running ... :p

*lol*

Guess the managed to cross the Equator without any incidents. 1 week to go... Can't wait to meet some who stay aboard for the 1 night and hear all about the trip around. In a few years it will be straight thru Panama in a wider canal.

I am glad you survived your ailment.

What a great experience you have had! I would have preferred Gene Wilder or Mel Brooks, or Terry Garr... Ooo la la. As a child I thought she was extra hot if a bit ditzy. I am going to share a dark secret here, when I was 16 a friend of ours moved to the big city, so we went to the big city me and buddy to see our friend. He took us to an adult theatre, truly my only time ever in an adult theatre. There were two films. You won't believe who was in the second film.... yep Cloris Leachman. I think the Mary Tyler Moore show was new on the air at the time, and I recognized that I knew her. Now, she was never doing anything or even undressed as far as I remember. She was reminincing with her husband about how they met. Then a young hot chick and guy would do... Anyway, at the end I think it turns out it was like Psycho, because the husband was sitting in a chair all skelator.

Sorry, back to your regular programming.

Rick have fun!

jc

Oh my! :eek:

;)

This time I was a shellback instead of a polliwog, so I wasn't involved in the trial of miscreants. I got to stand on the deck and watch and take pictures. (of course, I can't post those yet :()

After a nice parade of passengers and crew members into the pool (they used meringue this time instead of whipped cream for "whale snot"), King Neptune said that he STILL wasn't satisfied, and we couldn't cross the equator.

The only thing that would satisfy him was the punishment of the man responsible for the Mariner invading his territory without permission.

That's right, he wanted Captain Johnny. King Neptune found him guilty, and he was summarily HEAVED into the swimming pool.

After he emerged, and the ship was 'allowed' to cross (we weren't actually at the equator yet, but they had to do the ceremony before dinner), the crew gleefully threw the Captain back in!!!!!

One of my pics shows a sopping wet Captain. :D

Can't wait to see your pictures! We've sailed with Captain Johnny 4 times. Keep enyoying -- your posts are great. Glad you are over the yucky cold.

Archived