Join us, Bill and Mary Ann, on our 128 day epic journey around the world in 2009

WCB

Greetings all!

"Except, instead of going on the world cruise in January, we will be joining the Prinsendam for her 70 day Grand Voyage around South America. Of course, we shall be doing a blog!"

Bill & Mary Ann

Thanks for your great reports. I so enjoyed your stories in 2009 and look forward to reading of your South American Trip in 2010.

Gordon

Thanks guys!

We will be leaving on the Prinsendam's South America Voyage on January 13th and coming back on March 24th. We should start posting after January 5th, when our luggage is scheduled for pick-up.

Bill & Mary Ann

Greetings all!

We are doing a follow-up on the promise of a delivery of six world cruise duffel bags that would replace the damaged bags from our 2009 World Cruise.

Well, they arrived, just as promised, from HAL Luggage Services on Friday, December 18th. Thankfully, they came "undamaged"!! We are now proud owners of six 2010 Grand World Voyage duffels!

Except, instead of going on the world cruise in January, we will be joining the Prinsendam for her 70 day Grand Voyage around South America. Of course, we shall be doing a blog!

Kudos to HAL!!

Bill & Mary Ann

What is the colour of the bag this year ?

Louise

The only aspect of this upcoming Prinsendam cruise that we are not looking forward to is the fact that a very large project will be ongoing while we are onboard. Even though there has been a promise that the work will not be intrusive, we will just have to wait and see.

Hopefully, it will proceed smoothly, and there will be no problems. We are quite surprised that HAL would attempt to retrofit the ship during a 70 day "Grand Voyage".

Bill - We were on the Rotterdam the cruise prior to her recent drydock. After reading about VERY intrusive work having been done on other HAL ships on similar cruises, we were apprehensive. HAL had promised that the work will not be intrusive, we also had the wait and see approach. They were good to their word. Yes, there were workers on board. We'd see them in the Lido area at meal times. But that was all - NO intrusive work. However, on the Prinsendam, I understand that it is cabins that will still need the work done. I wish you the same lack of problems we encountered.

We were on a TA with Royal Caribbean where the cabins were being redone...new carpeting, upholstery, bed spreads, etc. A crew of workers were systematically working there way through the ship. I'd say we had minor inconvenience for part of one day when they did the carpeting in our cabin but otherwise it wasn't an issue.

This thread started during a time I was taking a break from cruising and hadn't been visiting CC very often. I came across it yesterday and spend a couple of hours, with interruptions, thoroughly enjoying the very informational and entertaining daily posts. I doubt we ever get to the point where we'll be able to spare that much time away from home so it was interesting to travel along. I also, quite frankly, thought I'd be bored out of my mind after a couple of weeks on a ship but the variety of the ports, weather, fellow passengers, etc., has made me think it might not be all that bad. Thanks for sharing.

Hi Denver Luv To Cruise,

We did a blog for the 2007 world cruise, and a couple of segments on the 2008 world cruise. You should be able to find it by clicking on views on the top of the home page. You can pick up our reports by scrolling down the page until you find our names. We should be on the first page that comes up when you click views.

Bill & Mary Ann

Hi Bill and Mary Ann. I was just on the Prinsendam, and loved swimming in the aft pool. When you have a chance, please mention if it is still on board somewhere. I heard that it may be moved up a deck. It was on Deck 9, but you had to reach it by going through the Fitness Centre, which I heard is also going to be moved.

Thanks in advance.

Marnie

• 1 year later...
The only aspect of this upcoming Prinsendam cruise that we are not looking forward to is the fact that a very large project will be ongoing while we are onboard. Even though there has been a promise that the work will not be intrusive, we will just have to wait and see.

Hopefully, it will proceed smoothly, and there will be no problems. We are quite surprised that HAL would attempt to retrofit the ship during a 70 day "Grand Voyage".

do share with us what they do/did to the Prisendam. We're on her in November. :)

Bill and Mary Anne just finished this - just a really great thread. :)Thank you so much for sharing with us. :)

Archived