Non C&A Members at Welcome Back party?

mcgraiha

My DH and I will be traveling with my parents on a 7 day Mexican Riviera cruise next January. We are C&A members, they are not. Will they be able to attend the Welcome Back party w/ us or are they strict with checking?

Personally I skip the welcome back party as I'm sure that alot of other repeat cruisers do as well. They have never been strict about having an invite in hand to enter. However since you will have yours than they can enter with you if that makes everyone more comfortable. Take them and have a good time.:) IMO the welcome back party is better for newbies as its the same thing everytime.....well maybe a slightly different speech.:rolleyes:;)

thanks for the info!! i'm not dying to go the party but was just wondering in case we do go......my mother would be quite content to spend ALL the time during the cruise w/ me :D so maybe my DH and my dad can hang out elsewhere as i doubt they are interested in it anyways and the 2 of us will go!

yes, you can order the drink of the day if you want.

Sometimes.....it depends on who the hotel director is for your ship. On the Indy there were so many people that attended both the welcome back party and the platnium,diamond/+ party that they would only serve the drinks on the tray. NO additional choices were allowed. I spoke to both the hotel director and the bar manager and they made this decision based on the huge number of folks in attendance at the parties. On the Indy they actually had a special production show instead of a party for the platnium, diamond/+ group and only served a choice of two drinks upon entering the show. They offered no drink service during the show.

Sometimes.....it depends on who the hotel director is for your ship. On the Indy there were so many people that attended both the welcome back party and the platnium,diamond/+ party that they would only serve the drinks on the tray. NO additional choices were allowed. I spoke to both the hotel director and the bar manager and they made this decision based on the huge number of folks in attendance at the parties. On the Indy they actually had a special production show instead of a party for the platnium, diamond/+ group and only served a choice of two drinks upon entering the show. They offered no drink service during the show.

all i know, is since the 2nd trip on aos, when we were gold and up to now, i was able to ask for something else and i was never refused it. that included the majesty last weekend. guess i lucked out then. and i did not have to pay for it...

all i know, is since the 2nd trip on aos, when we were gold and up to now, i was able to ask for something else and i was never refused it. that included the majesty last weekend. guess i lucked out then.

Again it depends on the amount of people in attendance and the hotel director. I am diamond+ and have ordered my choice of drink 95% of the time that I attended the parties BUT have seen them deny drink choice the other 5% of the time. Although with the current trends towards cutbacks I believe they are leaning towards being less "flexible" at these parties.

If it enhances your experience take them. Give them your invite. When you get to the door show your seapass card which has your c and a membership level written on it.

Why would you tell someone to do this? This is why changes are made. People abuse the system which hurts those that follow the rules. :rolleyes: Gotta love those "it's all about me" people.

A few years ago we were travelling on Voyager with friends and friends mother, we were all C&A members apart from friend's mother we went to the Loyalty ambassador and filled in the form for her to join C&A,as we were sailing on Majesty when we got off Voyager she E-mailed to the LA on Majesty to let her know that friends mother was now a member so she could get her invite to the repeat party then she gave her an invite to the Voyager party we were not expecting this so it was a nice gesture on the LA's part.

I you want something different to drink than they are serving, can you go to the bar and order it? Is there a charge?

We had it in the ice rink on Voyager, no bar to walk up to. We were seated in the stands. If there was any way to order something different, I missed it. I couldnt get one drink off the tray hardly that time. Maybe it differs depending on how crowded the party is.

My DH and I will be traveling with my parents on a 7 day Mexican Riviera cruise next January. We are C&A members, they are not. Will they be able to attend the Welcome Back party w/ us or are they strict with checking?

They do check, but maybe you can do what I saw one lady do. She just waved her hand dissmissively wave her hand at the doorman, saying, "I don't have my invite, but I'm diamond, its ok !:rolleyes:

On my recent Grandeur cruise when i ordered a martini I was told i could have it but it would couldn't be served in a martini glass. This was so others wouldn't know. My daughter always got a non alcholic pina colada but we were told this time no blended drinks.

If it enhances your experience take them. Give them your invite. When you get to the door show your seapass card which has your c and a membership level written on it.

Ooof. To the OP, if you are comfortable following this dishonest advice, then that is your perogative. We have always had to show our invitation at the door. However, there is nothing to say you can't swing by the Guest Relations Desk or the Loyalty Ambassador's desk and simply ask if your parents could attend with you. As you know, they are not entitled to go until they are Gold level, but you may receive a gracious response from RCI to your honest inquiry.

Have a fun cruise. :)

So I can't go with my DH, as he is Gold, and I will only be Gold after this cruise? I guess I understand policy, but it would be nice to go together. He wouldn't bother going if I can't attend.

Next time I guess!

You are also Gold. You take on his status.

So I can't go with my DH, as he is Gold, and I will only be Gold after this cruise? I guess I understand policy, but it would be nice to go together. He wouldn't bother going if I can't attend.

Next time I guess!

Go with hubby and have a good time!:D Besides since you are married than you have the same status although technically you are not a member yet. Don't worry.....go have fun.....ENJOY!!!;)

Archived