Why dont more single mature men cruise???

bobbisailsolo

Do people really go to Singles Meet and Greets? Kind of reminds me of the Goon Squad at the Omega House on Animal House. Yuk-I have a perfect absentee record on my singles cruise.

The real Single's Meet and Greet is on the first two nites at the Disco

So as a single guy I'm going to be surrounded by admiring women and have my choice of dance partners? Not likely! If that were the case, the ship would be packed with single guys. If you check some of the earlier posts, I'm not the only one who finds myself sitting in the lounge alone listening to the dance music every night. And the attendance at the singles meets is often about even- sometimes even more men.

If there are a lot of single women on board, most of them must be sitting in their cabins whining that "there's no single men" and that "the single men are all losers". You sure never see them around the ship.

I've been on 3 cruises the past 2 yrs, and have yet to find an abundance of men on the cruise. I went on a cruise with 3 other females and we found only 1 single guy. The other 2 cruises that I took by myself, I went to a Singles lunch and not one man showed up. We were 4 women looking at each other.

I do the buffet for breakfast and lunch, and have yet to see a single man by himself. When not in port, I'm on deck walking around, checking things out. NADA!!!

I've been on numerous shore excursions and the only single man I found was with his Mother.

I am 28, female, newly single, and heading out on Carnival Dream on 8/14. Out of 15 people in our party, four of us are single and in our late 20's/early 30's. I am the only female in the group.

I really hope there are at least a couple single men to meet. If not, oh well...I can hit on the ones in my group that I am not related to. :eek:

Whats up with older men? Don't they want to see the world? What better way than taking a cruise. I have been on several cruises by myself, and there are plenty of single women.....

I am a single man,in a few days I will be 47 and I love going on singles cruises. See you there ladies!:cool:

Im a "mature" male, 47. Ive been on over 17 cruises, the last 2 wearing a Kilt. Not one woman ever approched me and even started a conversation. Except the last one a few months ago. Im single never been married. And I have another booked for Nov 20th 2010 on Inspiration out of Tampa. Ok women..Here is your chance..LOL. I will be with my sister and her husband. But I will be "alone" around the ship except dinner.

I forgot..I know what my problem is..Women dont want to be around a guy that wears a Kilt..Not what I heard..LOL

Do people really go to Singles Meet and Greets? Kind of reminds me of the Goon Squad at the Omega House on Animal House. Yuk-I have a perfect absentee record on my singles cruise.

The real Single's Meet and Greet is on the first two nites at the Disco

The singles meet and greets are pretty lousy. I typically stick my head in the first one to see who showed up and typically nobody is there. Or they are all just doing a walk by like me.

On one cruise I met a woman who was cruising with a hosted singles group. She invited me to a hosted event and was immediately confronted by the host who told her that she was not allowed to bring a guest. As I looked around the room, the singles looked like the freaks from the Star Wars bar scene. It was the biggest group of weirdos and misfits that I have ever seen gathered in one spot. I told the host and the woman who brought me there that I had no desire to stay and the woman said the same thing to the host. In desperation to keep the only normal person in that group from leaving, the host said I could stay. In fact she said that I would be invited to all events, including dinner, as long as she didn't tell anyone else that I was not with the group. We did one dinner but it was just too weird so we ended up eating at my table. Towards the end of the cruise we got kind of snockered during a sea day and decided to eat dinner with the singles for entertainment purposes only. They didn't disappoint. It was entertaining.

It's not hard to make friends and meet the opposite sex on a cruise if that is what you want to do. If you're normal and relaxed, people willl come to you and will strike up conversation.

Hello,

I think I'm the first from the UK to post. I have, with one exception, always cruised solo. I'll just tell you a couple of stories that might explain why mature single guys don't cruise.

I have been asked "Why do you travel alone?", "Why are you single?"

I've never felt the need to ask "Why do you travel together" or "Why are you married?"

Why can't people be more accepting and just let other people get on with their lives? If someone wants to volunteer something that's fine, it should not be forced out of them.

P&O in the UK always put the singles together on the same table(s). Good grief - some of the widows! Up for a challenge, they want to convert a gay man! P&O do put on Singles meetings, with no alcoholic drinks and about three people attending (if nothing else is on and all the shops are closed).

I just ignore all the 'organised' stuff, keep myself to myself and enjoy the surroundings/food/drink/excursions (miserable old git).

Best wishes,

Cublet

Hope PC doesn't stand for politically correct. How about being more accepting of people? Maybe they thought you were a weirdo also. Relax, meet people half way and your sure to have a good time.:)

It stands for Port Canaveral. That is the most convenient port for me.

I am very accepting. Accepting to me means that when I meet someone that I have nothing in common with then I leave them alone. Non-accepting would be to get in their face to ask them why they are so strange.

Perhaps you think that the 400 pound guy with a shaved head, multiple piercings(eyebrows, tongue, lips), and 60% of his body tattood, drunk and loud the whole time would make a great cruise buddy for me? This guy sought out being different and looking different, and, he succeeded in doing so as demonstrated by me not wanting to associate with him.

Or the drunk woman who had sex with a bunch of the guys in that group. Perhaps her and I could have hit it off. I wonder if she had a free evening??

Oh, I know, the androgenous one. Possibly he/she and I could have done some shore excursions together? Now, some people just have this look. But in this case, this person went to great lengths to achieve this look. He/she could have done something subtle. Maybe a men's watch or a woman's earrings. At least give us a hint! If someone doesn't want me to know what gender they are, why would I mingle with them?

These 3 were just a sample of the Star Wars bar scene. There were many more.

I demonstrated my acceptance of them by simply ignoring them.

Although I am a kind and accepting person, I do think that there is way too much accepting going on these days.

PC I agree with you! When I have a conversation with someone like

the freak show man, or the sl**, or the androgenous person, I know

right off I have nothing in common with them. Sometimes I don't even

have to have a conversation with them to find this out. I want to move

on to find someone I can enjoy talking to and being around. They could

very well be the nicest peron in the world but not my type to hang out

with. If I do not have anything in common with someone then I am not

going to want to be around them for very long.:)

Do you get charged the full price of two people in a room?

Yes, most of the time you pay a single supplement or you could say

they want 2 people in the cabin so they charge solos double.

I have been on two cruises and had wonderful flings on both, course that was 12 or 13 years ago. Wife and I are calling it quits and I believe a cruise in search of romance will be in order as soon as our divorce in final.:rolleyes: I am 37 yr old newely retired good looking dude:cool: so as long as there single women on board, I believe I've still got it!:D

Based on the fact you are a newly retired 37 year old and your profile page where you describe your Occupation as a Ditch Digger-yes- I bet you can still shovel it with the best of them. As your Attorney just make sure that Divorce is final or you may have to start working again

Based on the fact you are a newly retired 37 year old and your profile page where you describe your Occupation as a Ditch Digger-yes- I bet you can still shovel it with the best of them. As your Attorney just make sure that Divorce is final or you may have to start working again

Thank you for the afternoon giggle:rolleyes:

Wow that is pretty harsh fireofficer5, to judge all single men

as not being mature, just because they are single..

Just going by the title, single men are not mature. Case in point myself.

But I sail single and with my children.

I just found A 7 day eastern caribbean on RCI freedom of Seas 10-10-10 out of port canaveral and thought I would let all you singles know. It starts at $729 for a single occupancy. They still have about 10 cabins left at this price. It's the best I have seen yet....I am going!

I just found A 7 day eastern caribbean on RCI freedom of Seas 10-10-10 out of port canaveral and thought I would let all you singles know. It starts at $729 for a single occupancy. They still have about 10 cabins left at this price. It's the best I have seen yet....I am going!

Thanks for posting, about $100/day and that is pretty good and the Freedom is a great ship.

Im a 47 yo single guy, have the body of a 30 yo:D, dont drink, dont smoke, go to gym regulally and have a six pack, and a swiimers build. Ive never been married, never had a relationship, never had any kids. So I have no baggage, except what I carry on the ship..(suitcase:)). Only problem I have is im not a outgoing type and im more a quiet shy type. That explains why im single. Women think im "not aproachable".

Archived