Does HAL have Champions?

AZjohn

I have never heard nor seen evidence of this so far as HAL is concerned. I think such a practice destroys the objectivity these boards are supposed to provide for us. We get enough "hype" through advertising. We need fellow posters who are, while kind, very frank and realistic about their onboard experiences.

I have never heard nor seen evidence of this so far as HAL is concerned. I think such a practice destroys the objectivity these boards are supposed to provide for us. We get enough "hype" through advertising. We need fellow posters who are, while kind, very frank and realistic about their onboard experiences.

I got to tell you Jim I feel dumbfounded reading this on another thread. I had no idea:eek:

It never would have crossed my mind that Cruise Critic would allow this. If it's true, then there is no way to trust in whatever is written.

I have to wonder if, because of Cruise Critic's relationship with RCCL, it is limited to that board?

It's too bad if the CC mods feel this reflects badly on CC... in fact, IMHO, CC may feel they've been duped by these posters. This kind of thing needs the light of day. Anyone can pretend to be anyone they choose on the internet, and caution is always advisable.

It will be unfortunate if this topic isn't allowed to be discussed -- there's no fault to CC. The only culpable ones are RCI and their marketing morons and the 50 who have been rewarded for being vocal supporters.

No way, no how!!!

I post everything I post because that is what I think and how I feel.

No one has ever offered nor would I ever accept goodies asking me to post a certain way. They don't need me or anyone else doing that. Their product, their ships, their crews are their assets....... HAL does not need any 'paid posters' IMO

I do believe that some have met folks on the ships maybe not have met and some have mentioned going to a cocktail party because of the Meet and Greet but that is a WHOLE Different thing than asking someone to post on these boards any suggested messages.

Come on John, everybody's got a price:eek:;):D
That reminds me of an old joke, where the punch line is: "We've already established what you are, now we're just haggling about the price." :D

John........

GO To your Room.

You and Copper seem to be getting into a lot of trouble lately.

:D (Think it was just yesterday, I sent him packing to HIS room. :D)

Well, I’m glad to hear from some of the regulars that your not part of this. And I take people for their word, regardless if this is the internet or not. But I still feel shocked how RCCL has done this.

Thanks,

John

amazing. What on earth can you trust in nowadays? I suppose I am naive but I have pretty much taken posters at their word. I never saw any reason to disbelieve anyone. I understand that the boards are public but to accept money and/or bribes for favorable commments. . .

I wonder how many other lines do this kind of thing?

Well, I’m glad to hear from some of the regulars that your not part of this. And I take people for their word, regardless if this is the internet or not. But I still feel shocked how RCCL has done this.

Thanks,

John

Do you think that anyone involved in such behavior would voluntarily admit to it? That would be almost suicidal! :eek: The person would lose all his/her perks, plus credibility he/she has worked so hard to establish.

Funny, I had a discussion about this sort of thing a few weeks ago with some of the people who work on my employer's Web site. One woman said they refer to such people as "online guerillas" or "Web guerillas" and said the practice is pretty widespread.

Well, I’m glad to hear from some of the regulars that your not part of this. And I take people for their word, regardless if this is the internet or not.
Of course you do know that there are about a dozen current or past employees of HAL that do post fairly often, and they don't always identify themselves as such on every post.

ManBehindTheCurtain, DutchByAssociation, sodomojo, Philip217, and Sungoddess are a few that come to mind quickly, but there are others.

Hmm. I consider those 50 people as RCCL employees. They are paid to promote their employer. Nothing wrong with that. There's no law that CC posters cannot be biased.

It's up to all of us to be discerning about what we read on the internet. Too many people think "I read it online, so it must be true!". The reviews that say nothing but how WONDERFUL a cruise line is, with nary a mention of what could be done better... I don't put much stock in those. Nor do I trust those reviews that just gripe about EVERYTHING.

Crud. I think I just shot myself in the foot in terms of being invited to be a HAL Champion. :p

Hmm. I consider those 50 people as RCCL employees. They are paid to promote their employer. Nothing wrong with that. There's no law that CC posters cannot be biased.

Umm, the Royal Champions are NOT paid by Royal Caribbean. Yes, some did receive an invite to a pre-inaugural event, but not all. Most haven't received anything at all other than the email inviting them to be a Royal Champion.

It never would have crossed my mind that Cruise Critic would allow this. If it's true, then there is no way to trust in whatever is written.

I have to wonder if, because of Cruise Critic's relationship with RCCL, it is limited to that board?

Hi Ruth, What is CC's relationship to RCCL?

Archived