HAL Getting Proactive About Age Issue

michmike

Would appear HAL has decided to do something about the perception that it's primarily older folks who patronize them.

The answer - time travel....

Got a nice letter in the mail today from Stein Kruse thanking us for cruising recently on Westerdam and offering onboard credits if we book another trip by May 2. As part of the mailing there was a survey asking that we update our Mariner info and asking us to indicate if we would be interested in cruising to 18 different regions of the world in either (and here is the good part) cruise year 2007 or 2008.

Since I struggled with turning 60, I'd be only too happy to take a trip to ANY of those regions in cruise year 2007 and be 59 again. * packing my bags as we speak*

On a personal note to Mr Kruse - I AM in a position to retire if I could supplement my pensions just a bit. Do you have any call for a top notch proof reader who would be only too happy to work from home? Might even be willing to forego a salary in exchange for quarterly cruises, esp in '07.

Since I struggled with turning 60, I'd be only too happy to take a trip to ANY of those regions in cruise year 2007 and be 59 again. * packing my bags as we speak*

I'd like to return to 2007 myself and take a trip to my stock broker to have him take all of my money out of the stock market in October of that year!

Please excuse me but can we get off the "age"thing. Are there not at least four threads about this in the past few days?

LOL. Last week, it was all about the trays. This week, it's the geriatric set.

Shall we pick next week's Hot Topic? :D

Any takers?

Would appear HAL has decided to do something about the perception that it's primarily older folks who patronize them.

Got a nice letter in the mail today from Stein Kruse thanking us for cruising recently on Westerdam and offering onboard credits if we book another trip by May 2. As part of the mailing there was a survey asking that we update our Mariner info and asking us to indicate if we would be interested in cruising to 18 different regions of the world in either (and here is the good part) cruise year 2007 or 2008.

On a personal note to Mr Kruse - I AM in a position to retire if I could supplement my pensions just a bit. Do you have any call for a top notch proof reader who would be only too happy to work from home? Might even be willing to forego a salary in exchange for quarterly cruises, esp in '07.

I, too, have been thinking about applying for a job as a Proofreader onboard a HAL ship (any ship) because Lord knows they are in desperate need of one (or many;)). Now, apparently, the Home Office is in desperate need also.

On my last cruise, less than a month ago, I was surprised to read in the Daily Program that I could expect to see many wonderous sights whilst cruising the Golfo Dulce aboard the ms Volendam. Okay, I did indeed see many wonderous sights that day but I was actually on the ms Statendam.

Valerie:D

...I was surprised to read in the Daily Program that I could expect to see many wonderous sights whilst cruising the Golfo Dulce aboard the ms Volendam. Okay, I did indeed see many wonderous sights that day but I was actually on the ms Statendam.

That's a hysterical story...

...and yet, amazingly pathetic on HAL's part.

Please excuse me but can we get off the "age"thing. Are there not at least four threads about this in the past few days?

Perhaps you didn't read the first post -

- Yes the title refers to age, but the subject is anything but.

Sorry but you must understand that many of us cannot remember anything from last week :)

Hank

Very funny:)

Some of us can't remember yesterday.

However...

I would also like to go back to 2007, I could sell my stocks and cruise for a year or two, more fun than watching them go poof!

Good staff is hard to find. :eek:

I think you need to reread the original post to find out what this thread is actually about, or cant you remember?:D

I, too, have been thinking about applying for a job as a Proofreader onboard a HAL ship (any ship) because Lord knows they are in desperate need of one (or many;)). Now, apparently, the Home Office is in desperate need also.

On my last cruise, less than a month ago, I was surprised to read in the Daily Program that I could expect to see many wonderous sights whilst cruising the Golfo Dulce aboard the ms Volendam. Okay, I did indeed see many wonderous sights that day but I was actually on the ms Statendam.

Without getting too pithy (and no, before I am asked, I do not suffer from a sibilant 'S') but isn't it wondrous? If the worst thing we have to complain about is typographical errors in our Daily Program(me), then life's good IMHO. :-)

Teehee.

Scott.

won⋅drous   [wuhn-druhs]

–adjective

1. wonderful; remarkable.

–adverb

2. Archaic. wonderfully; remarkably.

Origin:

1490–1500; metathetic var. of ME wonders (gen. of wonder ) wonderful; c. G Wunders; sp. conformed to -ous

Related forms:

won⋅drous⋅ly, adverb

won⋅drous⋅ness, noun

Dictionary.com Unabridged

Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2009.

Sorry but you must understand that many of us cannot remember anything from last week :)

Hank

They say that the memory is the second thing to go....

I forget the first.:)

Paul

Archived