Crown & Anchor Program Revisions - join the merged discussions here

ommboz

It would be much harder to figure out who owns RC stock. Your C&A number and status is linked to the coupons so they should know that I'm going to throw the coupons away unless there actually is one for more than my balcony discount. The stock information that I receive doesn't have my C&A number or C&A status linked to it. I guess they could run a program to cross reference C&A names with shareholder names but my guess is the information is stored in different servers and not worth the effort to them.

I would seriously doubt if RCL customer service has access to shareholder info AT ALL. If they did, why would anyone need to fax proof of ownership? I would expect my piddly holdings are in street name (brokerage name) and they would never find me even if they had access!

Hasn't this dead horse already been beaten beyond recognition?

Get over it and move on!

If you don't want to take part in the discussion feel free to move on.

Some of us aren't and we'll carry on the discussion.

jj.......

A Junior Suite is just a bigger room... although (and I am sure I will be corrected if I'm mistaken) I believe you are expected to tip your room steward more in the Jr. Suite, even without all the "enhancements".

You might want to revise this statement to say "let those spending the most money on their cabin fare" because I know people who sail in suites who spend almost nothing onboard but spend $7000 on their cabins. I also know people who book balconies or junior suites for $4000 but spend over $3000 on excursions, drinks, photos, etc. Using those examples, if you factor in the add-ons, RC makes more from the non-suite guests than the suites. ;)

Do you know as a fact that suite passengers spend more money onboard or is this your assumption? You may be correct, but I didn't know this was public info.

As has been said numerous times on this thread, the CL was implemented to honor suite guest as a perk for spending more money on a cabin than others.

I am referring to the price of the cabin and nothing else. Those prices are published. Just as I am not privy to how much anyone is spending in any cabin, neither are you. Nor would I assume that the pattern for spending in suites versus cabins is the same on any sailing. I'd be very surprised if this was not researched by Royal Caribbean, the only one with this information.

A fair loyalty program would be based on dollars spent not cruises taken and would take into consideration all spending and not just what is spent on the cabins. However, this in not how this company gives out loyalty points.

Yes, you get the point, but why send ANY of these coupons to people who own stock in RCL? The $100 OBC for being a stockholder trumps the $50 off every time.

I am surprised that they spend all that money sending worthless coupons and inaccurate letters to the wrong target audience. I mean, aren't they supposed to be trimming costs?

We received the same certificates on more than 1 occasion. We couldn't use them either. Yes, RCL should have their database tracking what to send out to who based on eligibility to receive true value for their marketing dollars being spent, AND to not potentially give a negative impression to the recipient. I have no idea how many of these thank you for cruising offers are sent out, and what % are not usable or not used by the recipient. But as an alternative, the same offer could be emailed for much less money.

RCCL is very confusing. Is a Junior Suite actually a suite with benefits or is it a name only? Do JS' get special embarkation? What is the benefits of a JS besides a little bigger room?

JS cabins used to have CL privileges, that was eliminated sometime in 2006. It is a larger cabin with a larger bathroom with tub-shower and a walk-in closet (on Radiance class and above).

Below are the new Suite Enhancements and as you can see, JS cabins don't warrant as many as GS and above.

Suite Enhancements (complete):

Royal Suite,Royal Family Suite, Presidential Family Suite,Owner’s Suite,Grand Suite

Oasis Class: Royal Loft Suite, Sky Loft Suite, AquaTheater Suite&Crown Loft Suite

• Priority check-in

• Personalized attention throughout the cruise with complimentary Concierge Club service

• Complimentary luggage valet service

• Complimentary pressing service on formal night

• Reserved prime seating in the main theater for entertainment shows (where available)

• VIP pool deck seating (Voyager and Freedom Class)

• Full breakfast, lunch and dinner dining room menus available for in-room dining

• Mattel® board games available to order for in-room entertainment for the kids

• Priority tender tickets (where available)

• Private breakfast and lunch seating in specialty restaurant (Voyager and Freedom Class)

• Priority departure with exclusive suite departure lounge - includes continental breakfast

• Luxury spa bathrobes (for use onboard)

• Gold SeaPass® Card for recognition

Junior Suite Enhancements

• Tea and coffee service ensuite

• Terry bathrobes (for use onboard)

• Bathroom amenities

• Silver SeaPass® card for recognition

RCCL is very confusing. Is a Junior Suite actually a suite with benefits or is it a name only? Do JS' get special embarkation? What is the benefits of a JS besides a little bigger room?

It's not really a suite but a larger balcony cabin. Per the RC website:

The Junior Suite comes with a private balcony, sitting area and some have a bathtub.

Enhanced Program for Suite Guests:

Tea and coffee service ensuite

Bathrobes (for use onboard)

Bathroom amenities

The "real" suites get the following items:

Enhanced Program for Suite Guests Staying in the following suites:

Royal Suite, Royal Family Suite, Presidential Family Suite, Owner's Suite, Grand Suite

Oasis Class: Royal Loft Suite, Sky Loft Suite, AquaTheater Suite & Crown Loft Suite

Priority check-in

Personalized attention throughout the cruise with complimentary Concierge Club service on select ships

Reserved prime seating in the main theater for entertainment shows, where available

Priority tender tickets on select cruises. (Tender service is provided when smaller vessels are necessary to reach shore in locations without docking ports large enough for cruise ships.)

VIP pool deck seating, where available

Full breakfast, lunch and dinner dining room menus available for in-room dining

Private breakfast and lunch seating in specialty restaurants on our Voyager and Freedom Class ships

Mattel® board games available to order for in-room entertainment for the kids

Complimentary luggage valet service

Luxury spa bathrobes for use onboard

Complimentary pressing service on formal night

Priority departure with exclusive suite departure lounge featuring continental breakfast

They are still nice cabins. I've stayed in several of them and they are just big enough for 2 people to not feel like they are cramped.

Just got back from a short trip to West Palm and Boca for spring break and had a very interesting experience at our hotel........

When we checked in, the woman behind the desk handed my husband an envelope and it was an invitation to the manager's welcome reception for that night. My husband stays in this hotel often(once a month) for business and the woman said that the reception was a new perk for Marriott Elite members. We go to the reception and the hotel manager and sales staff are there greeting everyone, there is a great spread of food and an open bar!:eek: It was a wonderful way to feel appreciated and it is nice to see that not everyone is cutting back on their perks to their loyal customers.

My husbands comment was that Royal Caribbean needs to take a lesson from this hotel!:DLol!

A Junior Suite is just a bigger room... although (and I am sure I will be corrected if I'm mistaken) I believe you are expected to tip your room steward more in the Jr. Suite, even without all the "enhancements".

Tipping your cabin attendant when staying in a JS is the same suggested amount as other cabin categories below which is $3.50pp per day. Only GS and above get the suggested suite rate which is $5.75pp per day.

If you get exceptional service, then additional monies may be added.

As amazing as you may be finding what RC has done to the loyalty program, you will find that if you protest and complain on this thread, you will be labelled a whiner, as there may posters here that don't seem to care what all-wonderful RC does .

There are only a couple people in this thread of over 3000 posts that I would consider to be whiners. Those are the ones who absolutely have no tolerance whatsoever of people who don't agree with them....people who have admittedly stated that they have no interest in a discussion.....everyone is just supposed to agree with them.

You would be one of them.

Hmmm...thought I added a photo to my profile under the avatar setting. Still nothing ?

Got it!! Hmmm........ lawyer? Policeman? Look like a lawyer, I think!!

Umm...... wifey is def prettier!!:D:D

See.....we do agree on something ROTFL!!!!

Just got back from a short trip to West Palm and Boca for spring break and had a very interesting experience at our hotel........

When we checked in, the woman behind the desk handed my husband an envelope and it was an invitation to the manager's welcome reception for that night. My husband stays in this hotel often(once a month) for business and the woman said that the reception was a new perk for Marriott Elite members. We go to the reception and the hotel manager and sales staff are there greeting everyone, there is a great spread of food and an open bar!:eek: It was a wonderful way to feel appreciated and it is nice to see that not everyone is cutting back on their perks to their loyal customers.

My husbands comment was that Royal Caribbean needs to take a lesson from this hotel!:DLol!

How to help keep loyal customers - your husband is right !!

I wonder what they've cut back on in the boardroom of RCCL or what perks the Board members of RCCL have had to give up ??

jj.....

P.S - DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME COLLECTING MORE CRAP AND ANCHOR POINTS BECAUSE IT IS INEVITABLE THAT THEY WILL CONTINUE TO MOVE THE GOAL POST FURTHER AND FURTHER AWAY. Cruise on every other line you've not cruised on and enjoy!

What if we are not cruising to collect Crap and Anchor points.....What if we are cruising for the enjoyable vacation not perks. :rolleyes::p;)

JS cabins used to have CL privileges, that was eliminated sometime in 2006. It is a larger cabin with a larger bathroom with tub-shower and a walk-in closet (on Radiance class and above).

Below are the new Suite Enhancements and as you can see, JS cabins don't warrant as many as GS and above.

Suite Enhancements (complete):

Royal Suite,Royal Family Suite, Presidential Family Suite,Owner’s Suite,Grand Suite

Oasis Class: Royal Loft Suite, Sky Loft Suite, AquaTheater Suite&Crown Loft Suite

• Priority check-in

• Personalized attention throughout the cruise with complimentary Concierge Club service

• Complimentary luggage valet service

• Complimentary pressing service on formal night

• Reserved prime seating in the main theater for entertainment shows (where available)

• VIP pool deck seating (Voyager and Freedom Class)

• Full breakfast, lunch and dinner dining room menus available for in-room dining

• Mattel® board games available to order for in-room entertainment for the kids

• Priority tender tickets (where available)

• Private breakfast and lunch seating in specialty restaurant (Voyager and Freedom Class)

• Priority departure with exclusive suite departure lounge - includes continental breakfast

• Luxury spa bathrobes (for use onboard)

• Gold SeaPass® Card for recognition

Junior Suite Enhancements

• Tea and coffee service ensuite

• Terry bathrobes (for use onboard)

• Bathroom amenities

• Silver SeaPass® card for recognition

Actually - I think that's debatable -- I remember the big kerfuffle on the boards regarding CL access for Junior Suite passengers was because of a misprint in one of the brochures. As for the tipping - RCI's website says the following - so there is a gray area on whether or not a Junior "Suite" pays the higher quoted tip suggestion for "SUITES" since it does not specify.

Q: What are gratuity guidelines for cruises?

A: So that you can thank those who have made your cruise vacation better than you could have imagined, we've developed these gratuity guidelines:

Suite attendant: $5.75 USD a day per guest

Stateroom attendant: $3.50 USD a day per guest

Dining Room Waiter: $3.50 USD a day per guest

Assistant Waiter: $2.00 USD a day per guest

Headwaiter: $.75 USD a day per guest

Note: These gratuities apply to guests of all ages.

Gratuities for other service personnel are at your discretion. A 15% gratuity will automatically be added to your bar bill or wine check when you are served.

Notice to Guests: Gratuities may be shared with other crew members depending on the particular service requirement.

Envelopes for gratuities will be provided in your stateroom on the last night of the cruise. Gratuities may be paid in the following ways:

Pre paid by having them added to your reservation by your booking agent.

Added to your onboard SeaPass account.

Paid in cash at the end of the cruise

Well, no-one can claim that you are an RCCL Loyalist:D

You have perfected the art of fanning the flames - together with your 'friends'!!!;)

I have to say that it is you and one or two others who prompt me to keep returning to this thread - even if just to see how long you can keep the thread going - with my assistance of course!!

Will you be using the CL on your next cruise? I bet you will be fanning the flames there as well!!!!!???? Poor Captain - Mutiny on RCCL!! Bet he won't do Captains Corner.

1/ i was till RCI was dis-loyal to me

2/ i could say the same about you

3/ don't feel obliged to keep returning to the thread

4/ Yes - will i be talking about it on board - you bet !!

jj......

You might want to revise this statement to say "let those spending the most money on their cabin fare" because I know people who sail in suites who spend almost nothing onboard but spend $7000 on their cabins. I also know people who book balconies or junior suites for $4000 but spend over $3000 on excursions, drinks, photos, etc. Using those examples, if you factor in the add-ons, RC makes more from the non-suite guests than the suites. ;)

Thank you for that! Plus the suites take up more real estate, so they better spend more on the fare.

We sail in Balconies AND Suites. We spend plenty no matter which type of accommodation we choose. So if it is now the policy of RCI to only cater to the Suite Guests, well they are not doing a very good job of it. Because not only am I a Diamond Member I am a past Suite Guest on many occasions.

When we don't book suites we book 2 or 3 balcony cabins. So someone books a GS for 4 on an inexpensive sailing and gets the "Royal" treatment, but I book 3 balcony cabins for a total of 6 people on an expensive Holiday or summer sailing and spend even more on excusions and drinks, etc, and I get the kick in the head?

Oh yeah, that is going to work for ya RCI. That is going to make me hurry up and book more cruises with you and book suites? NOT! As in the Nation of Why NOT!

Actually - I think that's debatable -- I remember the big kerfuffle on the boards regarding CL access for Junior Suite passengers was because of a misprint in one of the brochures. As for the tipping - RCI's website says the following - so there is a gray area on whether or not a Junior "Suite" pays the higher quoted tip suggestion for "SUITES" since it does not specify.

Q: What are gratuity guidelines for cruises?

A: So that you can thank those who have made your cruise vacation better than you could have imagined, we've developed these gratuity guidelines:

Suite attendant: $5.75 USD a day per guest

Stateroom attendant: $3.50 USD a day per guest

Dining Room Waiter: $3.50 USD a day per guest

Assistant Waiter: $2.00 USD a day per guest

Headwaiter: $.75 USD a day per guest

Note: These gratuities apply to guests of all ages.

Gratuities for other service personnel are at your discretion. A 15% gratuity will automatically be added to your bar bill or wine check when you are served.

Notice to Guests: Gratuities may be shared with other crew members depending on the particular service requirement.

Envelopes for gratuities will be provided in your stateroom on the last night of the cruise. Gratuities may be paid in the following ways:

Pre paid by having them added to your reservation by your booking agent.

Added to your onboard SeaPass account.

Paid in cash at the end of the cruise

Here again, it is all a matter of interpretation and you are correct in that there is definitely a grey area.

About two years ago there was an announcement at some meeting in Florida by Lisa Bauer that RCI was going to change the name of the JS to a Balcony Enhanced Cabin. Guess that never happened!:rolleyes: Here's a link that might clarify..........go to post #6 http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=512810&highlight=suite+revitalization+program

And yes, you remember well about the brouhaha over the misprint in the brochure. I remember people posting that when they went on their cruise they were going with brochure in hand down to Guest Relations and demand a key to the lounge.:D I think some actually succeeded.

What if we are not cruising to collect Crap and Anchor points.....What if we are cruising for the enjoyable vacation not perks. :rolleyes::p;)

Perhaps the vacation, but perhaps not the food. Some family just completed 35 days B2B on Rhapsody and absolutely loved the itinerary and the "cruise". The food she said was awful ... lost ten pounds! How do you lose ten pounds on a 35 day cruise?:rolleyes:

There are only a couple people in this thread of over 3000 posts that I would consider to be whiners. Those are the ones who absolutely have no tolerance whatsoever of people who don't agree with them....people who have admittedly stated that they have no interest in a discussion.....everyone is just supposed to agree with them.

You would be one of them.

Some friendly advice from the wise proverb:

"Never wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty and the pig likes it."

Archived