Thank you, Kitty

DAllenTCY

Just a message to you who believe in such, I had to send my 18 year old cat over the "Rainbow Bridge" this morning, very early in the morning due to her suddenly deteriorating health . She was diagnosed with intestinal cancer last November. Today she just gave it up....probably sensing that I had a 3 day break in my work schedule.

She loved to sit on my lap and read the Cruise Critic boards every day.

She knew it is one of my favorite things about the internet.

Anyway, a few hours after she was put to sleep, the mailman delivered our HAL cruise documents.

I think she wanted to say "Goodbye" to me, in her own special way, by making me smile.

She did.

David

Awwww, I'm sorry to hear about your kitty - she was lucky to have you with her. It's always tough saying goodbye to pets because they just love us unconditionally.

I am happy to hear that you got your documents today - you needed something to lift your spirits. Happy memories about your kitty, new memories to be made on your next cruise.

Smooth Sailing! :):):)

DAllenTCY, I feel really bad for you; I just love cats. Your kitty has gone away on the goodship Glory. I took pictures of my cats on cruises for awhile and now I take a small stuffed toy cat with me. Sometimes when the stewards put the towel animals on my bed I put out my toy cat to sit with them.

I'm sorry to read about your loss. I know what you mean about your cat sitting with you while you read CC. Mine climbs right up on me while I read the boards.

What a nice thought to connect her to your document delivery.

Sorry to hear that ,

I get what you mean, I have had pets all my life couple of dogs who have lived their full lives had to put my last one down a couple of years ago., She got along great with my 2 cats. who are now in the 12 - 13 yrs range. Some people laugh like christ its only a cat or something, but when you spend so many years caring & loving your pet, who do return it to you tenfold in mysterious ways. they are certainly missed, Working on the computer wont be the same for you , but there are so many others that need a caring owner like yourself, when its time, jump back in there.

I am sitting here at my computer with 11 year old Harley in my lap (his sister, Emilygrace, is still asleep in the other room), reading your post. I always get a little ache in my heart when I hear or read about the passing of someone's pet. They are a member of the family and are dearly missed.

Our hearts are with you in your grieving. Be comforted in knowing she is no longer suffering. And she will ALWAYS be with you in your heart.

I can't say it any better than Emilygrace. My heart goes out to you, having had many cat companions to cherish and, inevitably, to grieve for. Your kitty had eighteen years of love and care, and her soul will live on in your memories.

I have two sixteen year-old feline companions that keep me company while I work from home (and read Cruise Critic).

I nearly lost one of them last year to renal failure, but she's still hanging in there.

My thoughts and prayers are with you as you grieve. May the memories of your time together help heal the hole in your heart.

B

So sorry for your loss, I myself have two 20 year olds and know that time is limited. Our kids always complained that we treated the cats better than them, we said the cats act better thats why.:D May wonderful memories give you some comfort.

My hearts breaks for you. It is so hard to lose a friend, but at least we can take comfort that we did what was best so they didn't have to suffer. We had to put our 18 year old Maine coon cat down a couple of years ago. It was so hard. It feels like a part of you is missing. I hope another "cat friend" can come in to share your life with you. There are so many that could use a great owner. Take care. :)

DAllenTCY,

My heart goes out to you. My feline friend Baby, hates watching me on the boards because he knows that as I ramp-up preparing for a cruise, and once the luggage is out, he'll be alone, except for the Baby sitter. I really feel for you at this difficult time. God, you love these furry little friends.;)

So sorry to hear of you loss. I have three and my oldest always sits at the computer desk with me. It is so heartbreaking, just remember, they are all chasing birds, butterflies and bugs in heaven!!!

I don't know if this photo will come through or not....I haven't tried to attach a photo before.

David

Thank you, David; the photo of your pretty kitty came through beautifully. She sat on your lap watching Cruise Critic, now she's a Cruise Critic star looking back at us:)

I don't know if this photo will come through or not....I haven't tried to attach a photo before.

David

David: Your post brought tears to my eyes. Eighteen years of unconditional love is hard to beat. Now that she's crossed over the "Rainbow Bridge" she is at least in good company with many other loved felines including my 19 year old Brandy. My prayers are with you and Kitty in your grief. Try to enjoy your upcoming cruise by recalling all your loving times with her. Sincerely, Gail

Archived