Top 5 must brings!

pacheco18

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

If you bring a nightlight, make sure it is one were the position of the light can be rotated. The one I brought for may last cruise would'nt fit in the socket. I guess that is what the power strip was for.

I only have one to add; but with all the rich food on the cruise it always goes with me:

Immodium.

No they don't sell it in the shops. They probably don't want people to be treating their own Noro virus. That I would never do.

My apologies to anyone eating an early dinner. <grin>

Along with what most people have suggested, I bring

1. our large sized Tervis Tumblers with lid and straw--keeps those drinks frosty cold and free

2. wire hangers for the closet so we can hang up most of what we bring--just leave them there after the cruise

3. a swimming noodle--leave it at your last port

4. thank you notes to include with the tips--crew members say they love these because they are added to their records and their bosses see them

5. our Tilley hats--well worth the price!

someone said it before--a great attitude is the best thing to bring along! and DH and i have survived norovirus and a serious leg injury requiring stitches--that great attitude sure helped!

We smoke so two things we don't leave without are a small prozone which will take the smell of smoke right out of the cabin (even though we usually only smoke on the balcony) and a windproof ashtray.

Zip lock bags in various sizes

Insulated mug - although I am rethinking that one. I use one everyday all day (even at work) but maybe I should start buying from the ship and they can be my 'ship' souvenier?

Battery fan in the Caribbean, I can't stand a muggy humid bathroom.

I enjoy this post...love everyone's thoughts and suggestions and comments!

here are my 5:

1. singles and 5's to tip the room service attendant and porters

2. oust spray or lysol...those cabins carry a funky smell after a few rounds in the dining room stuffing your face til you can't hold it anymore....toot toot

3. can't live w/out sunscreen and moisturizer....salt water=dry skin

4. credit cards

5. the kids

I am definately packing some of your other suggestions: night light and power strip on my next trip....great ideas!

I assume you're looking for the stuff beyond the obvious, like sun tan lotion and a bathing suit.

1) I also always take a three plug outlet.

2) Camera, charger, spare camera, spare memory card, waterproof camera case. (I'm a photo hound!)

3) Single dollar bills. You need them for tips everywhere!

4) A medium-sized back pack. I always pack one that fits neatly in a suit case. They're great for port days to carry your towel, sun screen, etc.

5) Water shoes, for rocky beaches, kayaking, etc.

ENJOY!

My Swiss army knife in case I have to open a bottle of wine or help fix the ship's engines.

Love it lol!!!

For our Alaska cruise May 24th:D....

Corkscrew ;)

Binos

Bug Spray

Crystal Light Singles

LOTS of Hand Sani and Lysol Wipes

:confused: ps I'm a first time cruiser and we do have a balcony cabin....lots of people seem to say they bring bungee cords for the balcony...what for?

Thanks!

:confused: ps I'm a first time cruiser and we do have a balcony cabin....lots of people seem to say they bring bungee cords for the balcony...what for?

Thanks!

To hold the door open.

1. Over-the-door shoe organizer for toiletries & lots more
  2. Large tote bag
  3. Power strip for charging
  4. Travel alarm clock
  5. $1 dollar bills for tips

I think I will add a night light for bathroom - good idea. And maybe clothes pins for the shower curtain. Will give that a try. ;)

In warm climates, my camelbak backpack for walking around shore. Great to put you camera, towels, etc in, plus you have water readily available.

Cameras and the cords/devices to charge them.

Stack of $1 bills for tipping room service, porters, etc.

Passports, cruise documents, creditcards.

Ipod and Ipod speakers to listen to music on the balcony while sailing away, eating breakfast, etc

Outlet adapter - my hair dryer would not have worked in the outlet on the vanity without it

Over-the-door shoe holder thingy - got mine at $$ tree - not heavy duty and only had nine pockets but it was enough for two of us and folded FLAT which was great for packing

Clothespins

Sham-Wows - used the big ones to roll all the water out of our bathing suits at night sp they were dry the next morning - and we took the small ones to the beaches and used them to dry off after we got out of the water to keep our towels dry

Digital clock - I found one with a carabiner clip at $$ tree and we clipped it to the beach bag for excursions, and on a belt loop or lanyard when we were on the ship - we don't own watches and usually rely on our phones for the time so this was a dollar well spent!

The first time that I took an over the door shoe storage thingy, I did buy it at the $ store. When we got on the ship, we unpacked it and after a bit figured out a way to hang it on the outside of the bathroom door. Well - my DH hated it - it was way TOO big, stuck out into the already narrow hallway and we did not need all of those pockets! I got out my scissors and cut away most of it - threw the rest in the trash. It left plenty of pockets for camera, sunglasses, maps, etc. Worked out much better, at the end of the cruise I just threw the rest of it away so that I did not have to pack it to go back home. They are so cheap I will just buy another one for our next cruise.

1. highlighters, multiple

2. 100 $1 bills

3. zip lock bags

4. 16 oz paper coffee cups for morning coffee, mugs are too small.

5. 32 oz big gulp cup for soda, some cruise lines have large glasses some don't

------------------------------------------------------

6. power strip

7. back pack for excursions

8. batteries

Heres my top five:

1) aA decent sized travel alarm clock. I have one that self adjusts the time based on the atomic clock so it changes time when you go through time zones....kind of fun on trips that change time zones... and you can set it with a backlight to stay on if you want and use it as a nightlight if needed too. Inside cabin is sooooo dang dark. Did an inside once and not likely to do it again.

2) CREDIT CARDS!!

3)$1 bills and $5 bills for tipping and small novelty purchases in ports.

4)Advil (cures most everything!)

5)IPOD (can NOT run without one and I love using the gym every AM)

And lastly, expanding waist pants, LOL!!

Jan

????? how does your clock know what time zone its in? Does it have a GPS built in?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

1. Small alarm clock

2. Power strip

3. Those hanging closet cubical organizers so I can make use of vertical closet space. (we travel w/kids & this is a must, sometimes 2) But get the ones that tie, as some Velcro ones don't work when there is not a bar in the closet, but hanger "slots"

4. Nightlight for inside rooms!!

5. Walkie talkies to keep track of my kiddos. Although they don't always work in the belly of the ship!!

1. A hat with a brim so your ears don't burn

2. An extra tote bag so that you can put your port purchases in and carry the fragile ones off the ship

3. Hand Sanitizer to help with all the germs people bring on board

4. A pocket camera that takes great pics and video

5. Lots of patience for getting on and off the boat

Archived