Couldn't Find Any Trays.......

sail7seas

It just occurred to me that ages ago I bought some Tupperware trays that have grooves in them to hold the food so you could eat off your tray. I should check to see if it could hold a plate but the real question is, what cabinet did I store them in???

Smoking while holding a tray sitting on a deck chair in front of a Lanai room on formal night wearing shorts & a wifebeater on a dam ship with an ugly duck tail, that's the ticket!

You forgot about listening to some music wafting through the open cabin door while sipping on the frozen margaritas that were made with the carry-on blender and smuggled on booze - made while ironing clothes for dinner on the dresser in the cabin. :eek:

You forgot about listening to some music wafting through the open cabin door while sipping on the frozen margaritas that were made with the carry-on blender and smuggled on booze - made while ironing clothes for dinner on the dresser in the cabin. :eek:

:confused: The only infraction I see is if the 'clothes' being ironed were shorts that were going to worn on formal night in the dining room. :D

Okay, I have to remember to bring along one of my canvass HAL tote bags. That should be the right size, at least forthe small trays, to carry them to and from the stateroom. And decorating trays could be fun. If one does it upwell with HAL insignia, someone will surely ask if they sell them in the gift shop! And if the gift shop starts selling them, will they be held until the end of the cruise for delivery to your stateroom?

Rumor has it, they already have specially trained 'tray detecting' K-9's standing by for the expected influx of folks attempting............, attempting I say, to bring aboard their own trays. The penalties will be similar to those attempting to smuggle booze onboard

DeptofAgricultureBeagle.jpg?t=1241402270

Rumor has it, they already have specially trained 'tray detecting' K-9's standing by for the expected influx of folks attempting............, attempting I say, to bring aboard their own trays. The penalties will be similar to those attempting to smuggle booze onboard

DeptofAgricultureBeagle.jpg?t=1241402270

benhur.jpg

I also ordered two from Ace Mart and will decorate them. I do crafting so this should be a snap. We like to carry a few snacks from the Lido to the room and this will make it easier. These trays were very reasonable. Couldn't find any locally.:)

• 3 weeks later...
:) Looked in the Dollar Store, went to IParty, tried Wal Mart and can't find trays to bring to the ships with us. We WANT to use trays in Lido and if they don't want to supply them, I don't mind bringing our own if only I could find where to buy them. ;)

Any suggestions?

We went lookng for trays yesterday and today - going to Alaska on the Westerdam in June and will be bringing our own trays. We found them at a few places, bought them at Tuesday Morning for $6.99 each for a Melamine tray with a very "attractive" watermelon pattern!! Oh well, don't care what it looks like as long as it does the job. Oh yeah, did I mention the nifty cut-out handles on the side for easy carrying?!? Other places we found them were: Bed, Bath, and Beyond ($17.99 each), Kohl's (on sale for $17.49), Gordmans ($12.99). Good luck finding yours. Maybe if enough people bring their own trays, HAL will re-think this decision.

Ok, Sail, any ideas of how you will personalize these trays? ANd when in your cabin, they have to be kept out of sight so no passers by see them and think they are free for the taking. Kind of like locking up the acer.:D:D

Great idea, though.

Just off the MS Maasdam. They still have trays but they will going in the next cruise. They cited something about trying to stop the spread of virus. HAL wide soon and also industry wide real soon if not already. Colakid.

Decisions...decisions...decisions: Do I bring home two from the inn this winter (I replenished mine at the inn this season and bought too many), or do I order a plain one to personalize ;) :confused: :confused:

Please help me understand why they wouldn't have trays in the Lido? How do they expect you to carry a plate, drink, silverware, etc....? We are on the Zuiderdam, so, I hope that it is true there will be trays when we are on her in Aug.

NO TRAYS!?!?!?!?! in the Lido? Had heard this rumor some months ago and didn't really give it much thought, but you folks obviously have, and put your thinking caps on backwards so your sense of humor spills out!

Loved reading this thread, and cant quite decide - bring a tray along or make several trips up and down the stairs with food. Think of all the exercise we can get that way with the added benefit of burning all those calories.

Soon there will be contests for the best designed trays. Winner gets an additional design free tray to decorate.:D

Not only will I design my tray and DH's but geez, now I have to have outfits to match that tray and it's red, what fun I'll have.:D DH won't go along with the matching outfits :rolleyes:, go figure.

Archived