Solstice at Santorini!

tom_uk

Here's one to share: it's a grab from a webcam at Santorini, and it's the first full view of her on her first arrival at that island at just after noon GMT (2pm Greek time).

solstice_santorini.jpg

Here's one to share: it's a grab from a webcam at Santorini, and it's the first full view of her on her first arrival at that island at just after noon GMT (2pm Greek time).

solstice_santorini.jpg

Awesome!

Thanks for posting....I always wanted to see her in Santorini....now we have to wait for the pictures the people from that cruise took of her there :p

What is the link for the webcam? I'd like to check it daily to see which ships are in there...

Thanks again :):cool:

Thanks Tom, that'll be me in 3 weeks time!!!

Gerry

Not jealous....

Is that the sailing of the 25th? If so a full review when you get back will be welcome. We're on an 11-nighter starting September 28th, and we want - nay, *need* - to know things like nights of formal dinners, etc.

Not jealous....

Is that the sailing of the 25th? If so a full review when you get back will be welcome. We're on an 11-nighter starting September 28th, and we want - nay, *need* - to know things like nights of formal dinners, etc.

Yep... that'll be us! I will definitely post a review when we get back. With photos and all...

Awwww, doesn't she look sweet!

Thanks for posting. You made my day!

Not jealous....

Tom, yes, 25th. I will indeed write a full review on my return.

Let me know if there is anything specific you would like me to find out for you.

Cheers

Gerry

Yep... that'll be us! I will definitely post a review when we get back. With photos and all...

Awwww, doesn't she look sweet!

Thanks for posting. You made my day!

PLEASE POST- we are on 6-5-09 cruise. Want all the info on ship & ports you can provide.

What time where you actually allowed on board? -our flights arr @ 8am

Thanks

Carole

On the Solstice now and left Santorini a few hours ago. Wish the ship was in port a little longer. Ship was in a little after 2:00. Some folks weren't able to tender in until almost 4:00!

We were on first tender! Line for tender tickets starts at 9:00 AM. Would recommend getting in line btwn 8-8:30 to maximize your time (especially if going to Oia). Also lines were quite long for the cable car returning back to the tenders.....and Solstice was the only ship in port at that time of the evening.

On the Solstice now and left Santorini a few hours ago. Wish the ship was in port a little longer. Ship was in a little after 2:00. Some folks weren't able to tender in until almost 4:00!

We were on first tender! Line for tender tickets starts at 9:00 AM. Would recommend getting in line btwn 8-8:30 to maximize your time (especially if going to Oia). Also lines were quite long for the cable car returning back to the tenders.....and Solstice was the only ship in port at that time of the evening.

Not what I want to hear - lining up at 8 AM for tender tickets. Did the people on the ship's tours get off first? And before 2?

Enjoy and thanks for posting.

Patti

PLEASE POST- we are on 6-5-09 cruise. Want all the info on ship & ports you can provide.

What time where you actually allowed on board? -our flights arr @ 8am

Thanks

Carole

You will be getting on board as I am getting off, so I don't think my review will help you. Sorry:o But, I am sure you will be getting some reports before I even board. I sure hope so.

NOT looking forward to standing in line for tender tickets at 8am! Jeeze!

jojop... can you tell me when you were waiting for a cable car to return to the ship? Was this before dinner? Earlier?? I would love to know. We have late seating and were not planning on returning to the ship until dinner time.

Thanks for your posts.

We will be sailing on 9/18

I am also wondering --do you need to line up for tender tix if you are on a ship's excursion? My understanding was that you have a special tender & then get a bus.. & return on your own by the cable car....

we have an early tour to Oia (along with many other folks, I imagine) & then want to have some time in the port before going back down to the ship...

generally, pls post on how it is in all the ports getting on & off such a large ship! Century was much smaller ; & so easy on & off in th eports,,,

Archived