Referral Coupon Thread- This is the only one!

Hi

It is $400 per cabin, and can be used for wine ,excursions, shop, or spa treatments. it cannot be credited until your final payment has been used so you can wait until then. There are always plenty available so no need to do too early.If you are getting any TA credit it is best to check if you can use it.

We are taking our first Seabourn cruise in March 2014. Is it too early to apply for these vouchers? Is it a $400. Credit per person and can it be used for Seabourn shore excursions?

No it's not too early to send to you this referral coupon. The $400.00 OBC is per cabin not per person as only 1 is allowed per booking. If you would like a Referral Coupon please email me at zorro90068@gmail.com

Having made final payment, and received our pre-cruise booklet, for a transatlantic crossing (Barcelona to Rio de Janeiro) it was a little disconcerting to receive a letter today with a referral certificate (not coupon) rather than confirmation of application of the OBC 'We would like to thank you for referring Mr. and Ms XXXX. Since you do not have an upcoming reservation for which the referral credit appliesm we have enclosed a referral certificate.' I very much hope that it will apply to our already booked (and paid for) cruise. Even more disconcertingly the last line of the letter states 'Seabourn looks forward to welcoming you onboard the Quest in October'

Does anyone have any idea what this all means? What would be a good email address to use to try to address this? I think snail mail will be a bit too cumbersome from across The Pond.

use the web site and contact the seabourn club they can usually sort out problems.

Are you sure the people you referred are sailing before you as you cannot get the referral if they are sailing after you as they could still cancel

use the web site and contact the seabourn club they can usually sort out problems.

Are you sure the people you referred are sailing before you as you cannot get the referral if they are sailing after you as they could still cancel

Yes, they have to sail before you. You will get the credit on your following Seabourn cruise, however. Everyone who does referrals for newbies needs to bear this in mind.

Doh! What am I like? I had forgotten that I had sent a second coupon to another cruiser. It had never been my intention to send a second one out, as it seems much fairer that everyone gets the chance to send out one, and receive OBC for this, rather than some cruisers sending out lots. However, this poster contacted me directly, and I send (and they received) the coupon. Then I forgot about it :confused:.

So, I am still going to contact SB to ask them to confirm that we have the OBC from coupon number one for our upcoming cruise. And I will try not to lose the referral certificate!

I think I asked this question last year when we first booked our Quest 10/26 cruise and I think the answer was no. Just to make certain though, we receive an OBC from AMEX. Is it correct that it can't be combined with a referral credit? We are first time Seabourn cruisers. Thank you for the information.

AMEX OBC may not be combine with the referral credit. As the referral credit is usually higher ($400 vs $250) most people choose to decline the AMEX and accept the referral OBC.

Referral credit IS able to be combined with Carnival Stockholder credit.

I have now clarified that:

1. I should have OBC for my upcoming cruise from the first coupon I sent out, as this passenger has sailed. I am awaiting confirmation from Seabourn that this will be applied to our account.

2. I now have a referral certificate for OBC for any subsequent cruise I may book after July 2015 from the second coupon I sent out.

It sometimes takes a lot to clarify things in my head LOL!

AMEX OBC may not be combine with the referral credit. As the referral credit is usually higher ($400 vs $250) most people choose to decline the AMEX and accept the referral OBC.

Referral credit IS able to be combined with Carnival Stockholder credit.

I have now clarified that:

1. I should have OBC for my upcoming cruise from the first coupon I sent out, as this passenger has sailed. I am awaiting confirmation from Seabourn that this will be applied to our account.

2. I now have a referral certificate for OBC for any subsequent cruise I may book after July 2015 from the second coupon I sent out.

It sometimes takes a lot to clarify things in my head LOL!

OH thank god the drama is over for you with this caper!:eek:

I have a stack of coupons and have never offered them to anyone.:)

Too much Luxury can make one languorous at times :)...for another approach, take a look at the Quest Roll Calls threads, were Zorro is desperately making multiple posts offering referral coupons, something he also does in regular threads on the Seabourn forum.

The heading of this thread reads, "This is the only one!"

Too much Luxury can make one languorous at times :).

Sharing the wealth with many on CC is ALWAYS a good thing! Mr. Luxury you really should as well to help pay down that Chateau Griscou hefty bill of yours.

Edited by zorro90068

Too much Luxury can make one languorous at times :)...for another approach, take a look at the Quest Roll Calls threads, were Zorro is desperately making multiple posts offering referral coupons, something he also does in regular threads on the Seabourn forum.

The heading of this thread reads, "This is the only one!"

Who knows others financial worries.The $400 OBC is very important to some.

It is a nice perk from Seabourn and so is the free seven or fourteen day trip when you reach a milestone.

I agree the sticky is the place to prostitute yourself.

And there is little point in offering multiple coupons, as you can only apply one to each cruise you book (and will get another opportunity after that next cruise) and you may be depriving another loyal SB cruiser of the opportunity of providing and gaining that OBC. That said I do have a second coupon 'out there' and have a referral certificate for it, but that was only after a specific request. Having got my coupon(s) dealt with I won't offer any more until after my second cruise, and I only have one booked with SB!

And there is little point in offering multiple coupons, as you can only apply one to each cruise you book (and will get another opportunity after that next cruise) and you may be depriving another loyal SB cruiser of the opportunity of providing and gaining that OBC. That said I do have a second coupon 'out there' and have a referral certificate for it, but that was only after a specific request. Having got my coupon(s) dealt with I won't offer any more until after my second cruise, and I only have one booked with SB!

...or if you have multiple bookings that are linked and/or sail Seabourn every other month; Referral Coupons come in handiy as well as helping a first time cruiser along with the Carnival Shareholder Credit. That being said I will offer a Referral Coupon for any fist time Seabourn cruiser wishing to obtain a $400.00 Onboard Credit.

Please email me at zorro90068@gmail.com