RomeInLimo questions

jalynn

I would recommend using Romeinlimo for your tours. We did a 12 night Grand Med this past October. We had a very large group most of whom I did not know but had been talking to on our Rollcall for many months. I organized 4 group tours and a transfer from ship to Rome after the cruise ended, they were wonderful and I wouldn't use anyone else, our tours were so personal and they took such good care of us making sure we got to see all that we wanted. As for how to pay I posted on our board what I was planning to book with all the details as to how much and the full discription of the tour. After I got all the info and who was going I also told every one that we needed room # and if they had any intention of backing out they needed to do it before I booked as it was not fair to the others in the tour to have to pay for their share and part of the couple that did not show up. We didn't have to put any money down to book and you paid in cash at the end of your tour. I had some very large tours and everything worked out great, maybe I was lucky with our group but I had no problem. I do know that we got a discount with RIM because we books many tours with them, they were always available to call if I had any questions and emails were answered very quickly. I am going back to Italy in Oct of 2011 and I will be booking them again with out any hesitation we got our money's worth and more. If you have any questions I will check back or you could email me at ldavison@twcny.rr.com

A great big thank you for putting my mind at ease. I pretty much got the same reply on our roll call, but fortunately for me, I'm meeting this group a couple times prior since we all live locally, so we have time to bond. I know they won't be disappointed, but I want to stress that if they have second thoughts after I am not able to cancel - I will haunt them on the ship!

We are using Rome in Limo for a couple of our tours on our May 27th cruise (Not sure about Naples yet) and they have already given us a discount. Of course I have a large group of 24 going so that may be the reason. Time to start getting excited!

Bob

Edited by CTBob

Hi All...

We used Romeinlimo when we went on a Med Cruise last year. We used them in Rome and in Naples. I recommend them for both!

Bob...I definetly would schedule with them if I were you. We had an awesome driver (Franco) who brought us to Pompeii. There we were left with yet another knowledgable romeinlimo guide who gave us a great tour of Pompeii...I recommend NOT missing this tour. After our tour our driver brought us to Sorrento where we shopped (the greatest shoes and handbags oh...and lemon stuff - great gifts) and then to Pisicano (spelled wrong I think) for the BEST lunch I think I ever had. The views were amazing.

Romeinlimo ROCKS! I would definetly use them again...we're going to Paris this summer and I wish they offered tours there too!

Lucy

Tetaf,

As a member of a large group this past fall I'd say that Terpnut gave you excellent advice. We had 2 vans 3 times in different cities and did them all with Rome In Limo.

I'd say the best way to judge a person's commitment to the tour would be their involvement on the roll call, how quick they answer emails and their desire/reluctance to prepay you or give you a deposit. On our tours pretty much everyone was willing to send me money in advance, and because of that no one had to and everyone showed up.

If you have doubts I would try to get a substantial deposit from the other members of your party and only be willing to refund it if someone fills their spot.

PS, go back and read Terpnut's response to your question.

Have fun, it's a great time.

Tetaf,

As a member of a large group this past fall I'd say that Terpnut gave you excellent advice. We had 2 vans 3 times in different cities and did them all with Rome In Limo.

I'd say the best way to judge a person's commitment to the tour would be their involvement on the roll call, how quick they answer emails and their desire/reluctance to prepay you or give you a deposit. On our tours pretty much everyone was willing to send me money in advance, and because of that no one had to and everyone showed up.

If you have doubts I would try to get a substantial deposit from the other members of your party and only be willing to refund it if someone fills their spot.

PS, go back and read Terpnut's response to your question.

Have fun, it's a great time.

thanks for the tip - I'll get the feel when we meet, once in Febr, March and once in April before we leave

We used Romeinlimo for Florence/Pisa, Rome and Naples. It was our first time doing a private tour and boy were we spoiled! In all three cities our driver was our tour guide. They were very friendly and knowledgable. Being a small group you get more individualized service.

In Rome, we were able to also see the Catacombs with is not offered by the cruise lines. We did opt for a tour guide at the Vatican. She waited on line and when she was close she called our driver and he took us right over. We took her place in line and bought our tickets. The Vatican is just awesome but without someone explaining to you what you're seeing it really losses something.

The line just for tickets to the Colesium was HUGE! Our driver dropped us off about half a block away were there is another ticket booth. Maybe 6 people were ahead of us. So we purchased our tickets there and just walked past everyone standing on the long line and right into the colesium.

In Naples we did get to go to Pompei. Our driver did not go in with us but as we entered we were approched by someone asking if we wanted a guide. He told us his price and we agreed. Again, a very good decision. Due to the fact that we were on a private tour we were able to stay as long or as short as we wanted in any given place.

Tips were not included in the cost but we did tip. Every person we had did a WONDERFUL job of making our dream vacation AWESOME!

I would definitely use Rome In Limo again and do not hesitate to recommend them. What you get from Rome In Limo will only enhance your experience.

Karen

We used Romeinlimo for Florence/Pisa, Rome and Naples. It was our first time doing a private tour and boy were we spoiled! In all three cities our driver was our tour guide. They were very friendly and knowledgable. Being a small group you get more individualized service.

In Rome, we were able to also see the Catacombs with is not offered by the cruise lines. We did opt for a tour guide at the Vatican. She waited on line and when she was close she called our driver and he took us right over. We took her place in line and bought our tickets. The Vatican is just awesome but without someone explaining to you what you're seeing it really losses something.

The line just for tickets to the Colesium was HUGE! Our driver dropped us off about half a block away were there is another ticket booth. Maybe 6 people were ahead of us. So we purchased our tickets there and just walked past everyone standing on the long line and right into the colesium.

In Naples we did get to go to Pompei. Our driver did not go in with us but as we entered we were approched by someone asking if we wanted a guide. He told us his price and we agreed. Again, a very good decision. Due to the fact that we were on a private tour we were able to stay as long or as short as we wanted in any given place.

Tips were not included in the cost but we did tip. Every person we had did a WONDERFUL job of making our dream vacation AWESOME!

I would definitely use Rome In Limo again and do not hesitate to recommend them. What you get from Rome In Limo will only enhance your experience.

Karen

What about Florence and the lines for the museums there . . I have heard of complaints about long lines. Does Romeinlimo do the same there as well?

What about Florence and the lines for the museums there . . I have heard of complaints about long lines. Does Romeinlimo do the same there as well?

You pre-order museums tickets for Florence yourself, on line. http://www.uffizi.com/online-ticket-booking-uffizi-gallery.asp

Doing so avoids waiting on lines when you get there.

We were in Florence as part of an Italy tour a couple of years ago. We visited the Uffizi Museum and the Accademia (to view the famous statue of David). Our Uffizi tickets were purchased in advance by the tour guide. We were so appreciative, as the line for tickets out front was very long, and we were told that a two-hour wait was not unusual. We visited the Accademia before the general public was admitted. When we entered, there was already a long line out front.

For our June cruise, I've booked a Rome in Limo tour for the "new to Florence" members of our group. Rome in Limo will purchase their Uffizi and Accademia tickets in advance for 11 Euros each, per person. When I went online to check the prices, this was actually less expensive, due to all the add-on charges.

Rome in Limo will purchase their Uffizi and Accademia tickets in advance for 11 Euros each, per person. When I went online to check the prices, this was actually less expensive, due to all the add-on charges.

Of course, if one were to get the tickets in advance and do it on one's own, without the pricey RIL tour cost, it would still be considerably cheaper -- all things considered. ;)

Of course, if one were to get the tickets in advance and do it on one's own, without the pricey RIL tour cost, it would still be considerably cheaper -- all things considered. ;)

I just emailed Romeinlimo that our group is seeing Acadamia only because we would prefer to see more of the city. They have ordered advanced tickets for us at no extra charge.

Tetaf:

We didn't visit any museums in Florence/Pisa, sorry. But I am confident that if there is another option for purchasing tickets than standing in a very long line Rome In Limo will have that option. They want us to see as much of their county as we can in our limited time and we can't do that if we're standing in a long line. I'd suggest that you email Rome In Limo and ask them. They are very good about getting back with you.

We used RIL last year and will again next year. Great tours. Those comments about making sure you visit Pompeii too are right on the button. Not to be missed. Get your own tour guide there also. Just remember the cost of tour guides and tickets to attractions are extra. Well worth every dollar, I mean Euro. LOL. Can't wait for next November. Have a great time in Italy.

We used RIL last year and will again next year. Great tours. Those comments about making sure you visit Pompeii too are right on the button. Not to be missed. Get your own tour guide there also. Just remember the cost of tour guides and tickets to attractions are extra. Well worth every dollar, I mean Euro. LOL. Can't wait for next November. Have a great time in Italy.

Thank you, and you as well.

Romeinlimo is definitely the way to go. My family and I have traveled with them twice and they have not disappointed. Instead, I find myself comparing them to other tours we've taken and they can't be beat. Jany, is who I always communicate with and she excels in customer service. We've been lucky enough to have Duman as our driver and guide. He is one of the nicest and pleasant people you'll ever meet. When we departed from the ship, another passenger, mistakenly took my luggage bag, they looked the same and he hadn't bothered to look at the tag. Duman not only gave us a lovely tour of Italy but also helped me track down the passenger, and even took us to the hotel the next day to exchange luggage bags.

Their prices, staff and sevice are top notch and they took us to places you'll never seen unless you go with a local.

My favorite place was the "keyhole" in Rome. Absolutely wonderful.

We had Duman as our driver and felt the same way about him. He took us on a very informative tour in spite of being interrupted to conduct business on his phone. But it was never inconvenient. I would hope to get him when we go back next year.

Originally Posted by

Just to add what many others have said, use ROMEINLIMO without fear or concern. Always on time, always top people and reasonably priced. We had Duman (the owner) himself for our trip back from the port to Rome. very impressive guy. I was most impressed that he helped a woman who was supposed to be met by another company and her driver hadn't shown up. He went out of his way to contact that company and make arrangements for her transportation with them and wouldn't take any money from her when she offered.

We've had Duman twice, and he is a delightful person. He really helped me when one of the passengers took my luggage bag. He not only took extra time to locate the passenger, but took me to their hotel the next day to trade bags. He wouldn't accept an additional payment either.

If one plans to see both museums I can't see how you can do Ufizi justice without spending the majority of ones day there. If that is the focus you might want to rethink the private tour as I would think you are better off DIY and save the money and simply pre-reserve the tickets. The big advantage of the private tours is the convenient pickup and drop off at "many" attractions. If you are only going to go from ship to muesuem to meal to another museuem than back to ship DIY is the way to go :D

We were in Florence as part of an Italy tour a couple of years ago. We visited the Uffizi Museum and the Accademia (to view the famous statue of David). Our Uffizi tickets were purchased in advance by the tour guide. We were so appreciative, as the line for tickets out front was very long, and we were told that a two-hour wait was not unusual. We visited the Accademia before the general public was admitted. When we entered, there was already a long line out front.

For our June cruise, I've booked a Rome in Limo tour for the "new to Florence" members of our group. Rome in Limo will purchase their Uffizi and Accademia tickets in advance for 11 Euros each, per person. When I went online to check the prices, this was actually less expensive, due to all the add-on charges.

Let me jump into this forum and post a few tips. :):):):):). These faces are for Romeinlimo and the service they provide. They provided my group of 15 with wonderful service. We used them in both Rome and Pisa/Florence last year on Voyager of the Seas. In Rome they purchased advance tickets to the colisium/private tour of Vatican, so in both of these places we had no wait at all. The minivans are new; stocked with bottled water; very knowledgeable drivers, and get you right up front of museums so you don't have far to walk. In Florence/Pisa there is so much to see I would not recommend trying to see two museums; not enough time; there is so much to see in these two cities; My group had people who had never been overseas before; and the gudies made them feel like royality. We reserved everything via email with Jany and Duman, and I paid them in Euros when we got to both ports; they will take u to an atm machine to change money; or you can get it on the ship. If you have any questions regarding using this company or what places to see in Rome/Pisa/ or Florence let me know.

Cheers

We too used Romeinlimo when visiting Italy in Oct 2008. We had a wonderful tour of Rome and had them arrange for a guide for the Vatican for us. We had a group of 6. We just walked right up and right in. This was so much better than following a big group around. When you split the cost among the group the private tour comes out to only slightly more per person. Duman was our driver and we absolutely loved him--we were wisked away and into the city-matter of fact we were one of the first into the Colloseum that morning. The day was not rushed considering how much we saw and experienced.

We also used Romeinlimo for our visit to the Amalfi Coast. We once again had them get us a guide for Pompeii--a wonderful guide with so much knowledge and personality--This was an absolute beautiful drive, relaxing and an area we want to come back to.

We have once again arranged for Romeinlimo for three ports this time again in Oct. 2010 -Working with Jany the coordinator has been great--she gets right back to me with answers to my questions and has helped me with our planning. A great company to work with--we were so pleased last time that there was no need for me to have to research anywhere else for our tours. We can hardly wait to come back and see more of Italy with romeinlimo.

• 4 weeks later...

When you book a tour with ROL just what does the driver do when let's say you what to go to Vatican. What do they do while your there. Do they go with you. What if you want to go on the Amalfi coast down to do shopping in Sorrento or walk around the town of Positano and have lunch will they go with you or while in Rome you just want to sit beside the Fountains or Spanish steps. Do they park and set time for you to be back. What about pizza in Naple at small cafe.

Basically, they are a car with a driver. Some are much more social than others, some speak better English than others and some are more knowledgeable than others. They are not guides in any way.

They drive you to wherever you want and drop you off. You then go do your thing and they will be waiting at a pre-arrange time at a pre-arranged spot when you are done.

dpspa:

I would like to comment on your question.

I have used the services of Romeinlimo several times and the drivers gave our group of 8 a great deal of information and history. They are not licesnsed guides but are very well versed in thier history and facts. The drivers usually stayed close to the car, and arranged a time for us to meet them back at the car (or we could come back to the van prior to that time if we wished). They were very knowledgeable and gave us very informative tours. I believe they are way more than just a driver for the car.

All three drivers we had in Nov-Dec were very friendly and went well "above & beyond" what was expected of them. I cannot recommend them enough. I would not consider using anyone else while visiting Italy, whether for a day or a month. We found the rates to be very reasonable (we were traveling in a group of 8 which helped). They were very adaptable to whatever we wanted to do, or where ever we wanted to go. One person in our group needed to make a stop at a pharmacy which was no problem, the driver arranged that when we stopped at the museum, their was a pharmacy just down the street, and the others went into the museum and were not inconvienced by a stop.

The resturant recommendations were very reasonably priced and excellent food and wine. We had asked for a local, casual place that the drivers might eat with thier families and that is what we got. Wonderful food, wine and service along with a view.

It was the very best experiences of a three week + long trip. I have been to Italy on four previous occassions and this trip was absolutely the best! I now feel like I have seen Italy. Thank you to Rome in Limo.

See you in October again!

Rosemarie :)

We have 5 people going from the cruise port to FCO at the end of our cruise, with 11:50 airflights. Celebrity stated that the earliest flight time would be 9:50 to be guaranteed to be there. We are interested in transportation, I have seem romeinlimo and I also see another group called limousinesystem, does anyone know anything about them?:confused: