RomeInLimo questions

jalynn

Good Morning:

It really won't matter what driver you have they are all fantastic! After the first season of touring with RIL I wanted to get the same drivers again as they were so personable and professional, yet they were also fun and we laughed alot during the tour. We had different drivers for all 6 tours and at the end of the day we all felt the same way about these drivers as we did the previous year! We were a group of 8 one year and the next year there were 14 of us!

The guides for Pompeii are a must, we received so much more info, and the same for the guide in the Vatican.

We are returning in November and will be touring with RIL again. I wouldn't think of doing anything with out RIL tours. As mentioned above we have used them for transport between the airport & hotel and again from hotel to port, and pick-up at the end of the cruise to take us back to Rome and/or airport. I trust them to be there when they say they will be and I never worry about getting back in a timely manner.

I can not say enough good about them (I do beleive that Jany never sleeps)!;)

Enjoy your tours.

Anxiously awaiting November!

We will be on the Brilliance of the Seas in July. I am looking into using RIL in 3 different ports. I'm traveling with my 18 and 21 year old daughters. Since we are 3 people, I would love to share the tours with other people (such as a 6 passenger van) in order to cut down on the costs. So far on my roll call, it has not come together yet. My question is, "How far in advance should I book my tours?" If I do not meet up with anyone I will still do the tours on my own.

We will be on the Brilliance of the Seas in July. I am looking into using RIL in 3 different ports. I'm traveling with my 18 and 21 year old daughters. Since we are 3 people, I would love to share the tours with other people (such as a 6 passenger van) in order to cut down on the costs. So far on my roll call, it has not come together yet. My question is, "How far in advance should I book my tours?" If I do not meet up with anyone I will still do the tours on my own.

I usually book RIL very far in advance. I'm a Solo traveller. I start with a sedan for myself. Very often, either as my Roll Call gets larger or perhaps a friend also books the cruise, I'll email Jany for a larger vehicle for 6, and sometimes yet again for 8 or more. They have good capacity and Jany always replies promptly if I'm requesting a larger vehicle. Shouldn't be a problem at all if your group gets larger.

Because RIL delivers a consistently excellent tour (regardless of the driver/guide), I never hesitate to mention I'm touring with them on a Roll Call. I'm wholly confident I can promise an excellent day should anyone wish to join me. I enjoy having others along as their different perspectives/impressions/things they notice, etc. really adds to the tour.

When you mention on your Roll Call that you are looking for tour shares, maybe put the link to this thread or RIL's website and the tour name you've chosen. And, bring it up again every month or so as the thread gets longer.

What a wonderful opportunity for you to be able to give your nearly grown children this experience and to enjoy it with them.

Martha

I think you need to get them booked. July is pretty busy season for them.

I have used them many times, and book as early as I can, as often as we can :) just so I have things sorted and settled. We've used them multiple times for Florence, Rome, Naples, Sorrento, Pompeii, Positano, and are using them in two months for Messina, Rome surrounds, and Positano/Ravella. We have always been very happy with all our drivers, their info, perspective, and special things they do for us during our days, as well as the consistent, perfect customer service. I am a big fan, and fortunate to be traveling enough to not only use them often, but also they have been great resources to us for our time in Europe.

Do you pay the driver for the tours at the beginning or the end of your tours?

You pay at the end. They do require a credit card to reserve the tour but they do not charge your card for the tour. They do not take credit cards either. They really do awesome tours for SO many ports!

We added on late for our last trip over to Italy with RIL. No problem. Jany, at RIL, will take good care of you. We've done several tours with them. Going with other cruisers adds to the tour I think. Different questions and thoughts make it more enjoyable. Again, I would strongly urge Pompeii. Something else. We live 3 hours north of New York City and there is a display all Summer in NYC about Pompeii. Something I won't miss. Have a great time.

On our upcoming cruise, we dock one day at Sorrento and a different day at Amalfi/Positano. Are romeinlimo drivers actually guides or just drivers to take you to places? We are a group of 6 and definitely want a guide to show us everything and allow us time to explore all the area.

From Sorrento, you can catch the train and tour Pompeii on your own or you can rent audio guides once there. Train station in Sorrento is not far from the central Tasso Square, journey takes approx. 45 mins - 1 hour

I have made an inquiry with Romeinlimo about tours when we overnight in Livorno for Florence and Cinque Terre with the inclusion of Pisa one of those days. We would go to Florence on our second day as it is a Tuesday but the first day a Monday would be to Cinque Terre. I think the limo service is the way to go in Florence to insure we get back to the ship by 8pm. But, can we do Cinque Terre on our own since there is no deadline to get back to the ship or would it just be easier to go with the service. I read that one cannot drive between the towns anyways. Comments.

We are also thinking of using them for Rome since we need to be back to the ship and would like to make the most of our time. Is my thinking correct? Another question we are docking at Positano(don't know if this is a tender port or not) and want to see the Amalfi coast plus Pompeii. We are in port from 8-6. Can we do this on our own via trains or should we just use the service and get a guide for Pompeii?

Our cruise is next April on the maiden voyage of the Riviera so we do have time.

Thanks for all the help.

Pearl

I have made an inquiry with Romeinlimo about tours when we overnight in Livorno for Florence and Cinque Terre with the inclusion of Pisa one of those days. We would go to Florence on our second day as it is a Tuesday but the first day a Monday would be to Cinque Terre. I think the limo service is the way to go in Florence to insure we get back to the ship by 8pm. But, can we do Cinque Terre on our own since there is no deadline to get back to the ship or would it just be easier to go with the service. I read that one cannot drive between the towns anyways. Comments.

We are also thinking of using them for Rome since we need to be back to the ship and would like to make the most of our time. Is my thinking correct? Another question we are docking at Positano(don't know if this is a tender port or not) and want to see the Amalfi coast plus Pompeii. We are in port from 8-6. Can we do this on our own via trains or should we just use the service and get a guide for Pompeii?

Our cruise is next April on the maiden voyage of the Riviera so we do have time.

Thanks for all the help.

Pearl

A great way to see Florence and surrounding towns is with RomeInLimo limo service. They will take you to see parts of Tuscany you would never see otherwise. Same with the Amalfi coast! Which is spectacular!!!! We were able to have lunch on a cliff overlooking the coast.

I personally wouldn't do trains between Amalfi Coast and Pompeii. I would have a service, such as RIL. Personally, I was expecting so much more from Pompeii and really wish I would have used the time I was there to spend much more time on the Amalfi coast.

Whatever you do, you'll LOVE it!

We used Romeinlimo previously for a tour of Pisa/Florence and then again, in Rome. They were excellent, great service, guides were very knowledgeable and friendly. The way they managed to navigate through some of the tiny side streets to arrive at major tourist sites without the usual traffic queues was incredible! Five star service!

Thanks for all the help.

Pearl

Yes, you could use Romeinlimo for all of these ports. They will most likely give you a discount with multiple bookings. They do excellent shore excursions! I cannot wait to see them soon!!!!:D

You could try and do the tour yourself via train but I think you would miss a lot of great sights. Not being familiar with the area would slow you down quite a bit. I think having a driver and or tour guide makes for a much more complete tour. Costs more money but you get to see all the important sights.

I would definitely recommend using Rome In Limo for all your tours in Italy. We used them in 2010 for Florence/Pisa, Amalfi Coast, Sorrento, Pompei, Naples and Rome. We are using them again this May for Florence and Rome. They take away the stress of worrying about trains etc and give you a wealth of information to make the sites even more enjoyable. Their vehicles are top and the drivers got us up front and close to where we needed/wanted to be. Use them and you will make the most of your time!

Thanks for all the help.

Pearl

Pearl, I would also suggest using Romeinlimo for your tours in Rome and Amalfi- we used them for tours in both places and were delighted- you see more in a short period of time, and no worries about getting back on time. I really liked the fact that we could customize our tour on the fly with our drivers, who are very professional, knowledgable, and friendly.

Others on our cruise tried the DIY route, but it sounded afterward like they spent more time trying to find the right connections and less time enjoying the sites. Have fun!

We have booked with RomeInLimo for several tours, including one that will take us to Pompeii. We have also hired one of their guides for Pompeii. Does anyone here know of any particularly good guide that we could possibly request or will we be fine with whoever they assign to us?

Same question for Vatican tour guide whom we have also hired through RomeInLimo.

Thanks!

We used RIL and tour guide supplies by them for the Vatican and Mary was a great guide. Especially if it's your first visit there you want to get the most out of it. We did the same for Pompeii. Worth every penny you pay(plus tip). As mentioned above we also met the guide at the gate in Pompeii and were inside in a couple minutes. As far as the Vatican they recommended we see that in the afternoon when it's not as crowded. We liked RIL so much we used them 3 times on our visit there this past December.

How did you divide the tip between the driver and guide?

The guide isn't included, it is a separate fee. About 150 euros. Ask for Sarah. She is the best.

We were asked to pay the guide separately. But as we were going to be signing a ton of travelor's checks, Sarah just had us do all the travelor's checks together with the driver when he dropped us at our hotel. The tip is separate- we gave that directly to Sarah in cash, and gave our driver a separate tip in cash.

Thanks for posting this. We are using a guide for the Vatican as well and I was wondering whether we would need to pay them separately!

How did you divide the tip between the driver and guide?

deb 1835, you are welcome.

Monthend, we just tipped each individually, based upon the time we were with each, and the quality of their service, which was excellant.

Edited by CruiserBruce

We have booked with RomeInLimo for several tours, including one that will take us to Pompeii. We have also hired one of their guides for Pompeii. Does anyone here know of any particularly good guide that we could possibly request or will we be fine with whoever they assign to us?

Same question for Vatican tour guide whom we have also hired through RomeInLimo.

Thanks!

We did not have a guide for Pompeii, wish we did. For the Vatican we had Sarah (guess there is two so it is Sarah with an "h" :)). She was great, she is from somewhere in northern Europe (sorry I forget), she is an art student and definately loves her field. Well spoken, no heavy accent which for me was important as it can get loud in there and my hearing is not the best anymore :o. She was a delight.

Has anyone ever tried or have been able to extend the hours of the tour? Our ship doesn't leave port until 10:00pm when we go to Rome. Would love to be able to spend a few more hours in Rome rather than back on the ship. :)

Just contact Jany to ask about taking a longer tour! She is great to work with and can help you plan out a longer day, or even make suggestions if you want to add stuff on your own.

We booked with RIL for our transfer from our Rome apartment to the port for embarkation. We had it originally as a straight transfer. After a little research I decided to check into the possibility of an added detour to Lake Bracciano for the castle there. Jany arranged everything. Recommended times so we would get to the port by our target time, gave me contact info for castle to make entry reservations and only increased the price by a small amount.

They will do as long or as short a tour as you want. Personally, I don't want to waste any of my time in Italy.

We did not have a guide for Pompeii, wish we did. For the Vatican we had Sarah (guess there is two so it is Sarah with an "h" :)). She was great, she is from somewhere in northern Europe (sorry I forget), she is an art student and definately loves her field. Well spoken, no heavy accent which for me was important as it can get loud in there and my hearing is not the best anymore :o. She was a delight.

Thanks for the advise, I definitely want someone without heavy accent as my hearing is also not the best anymore.

Just contact Jany to ask about taking a longer tour! She is great to work with and can help you plan out a longer day, or even make suggestions if you want to add stuff on your own.

We booked with RIL for our transfer from our Rome apartment to the port for embarkation. We had it originally as a straight transfer. After a little research I decided to check into the possibility of an added detour to Lake Bracciano for the castle there. Jany arranged everything. Recommended times so we would get to the port by our target time, gave me contact info for castle to make entry reservations and only increased the price by a small amount.

They will do as long or as short a tour as you want. Personally, I don't want to waste any of my time in Italy.

About how much time did this "detour" to the castle add to your transfer from Rome to the port....I am very interested in doing this too.. Thanks!