RomeInLimo questions

jalynn

Does anyone know if the private tour companies are able to meet their passengers right at the ship in Civitaveccha for a Rome tour vs outside the port gate. I have read that you have to ride a shuttle bus to the port gate. They will not allow you to walk, but I was wondering if tour companies are allowed to enter the port area and then you would not have to ride the shuttle bus.

We were met by Rome in Limo in the port area - no problem at all :D

Does anyone know if the private tour companies are able to meet their passengers right at the ship in Civitaveccha for a Rome tour vs outside the port gate. I have read that you have to ride a shuttle bus to the port gate. They will not allow you to walk, but I was wondering if tour companies are allowed to enter the port area and then you would not have to ride the shuttle bus.

RIL told me they would me me at the ship

Last summer we used Romeinlimo for all of our tours in Rome and Sicily. Their attention to detail and amazing service was the highlight of our vacation.

For Christmas, we gave our daughter and SIL, a gift of RIL's City Highlights Tour, for their visit last week to Rome.

They returned this weekend and were so impressed with RIL and their driver, Nicola. My daughter said Nicola was so passionate about his country and shared so much background about each site that they visited. If they visited a site that required tickets, Nicola would walk them up to the counter, make sure they were taken care of, and then wait for them at a designated spot. Nicola even provided a cell phone for them just in case they needed to call him for anything.

My daughter said Nicola was like a genuine friend by the end of the day. When he dropped them off at their hotel, he told them that Duman (owner of RIL) had a gift for me, a nice bottle of wine!

Tonight we will share the bottle of wine with our daughter and SIL, and hear more about their trip.

We are returning to Italy this summer and we will be using Romeinlimo again!

We LOVED our Amalfi coast tour! It's my favorite area in all Med cruises. Romeinlimo is fantastic! BEST BEST tour! :)

Have heard of so many good tour guides for Amalfi/Psitano and Sorrento that cannot make up my mind. We do have RIL booked for 2 days in Florence and 1 day in Rome for our cruise in Oct.-Nov. but not for the Amalfi Coast area. Do you feel their tour of that area was as good as someone who is a native of that area? I have contacted them about it but have not made a decision yet. Have also heard good reviews of Francesco Marapesse and Marcello of See Sorrento and also Simply Amalfi. Had no problems making the decision for RIL in Rome and Florence - their reviews are wonderful. Any info you can give me would be helpful.

Bobalink

What RIL tour did you do in Sicily? Was it the Godfather tour? Can you tell me how you liked your RIL Sicily tour?

TIA

Hi Cookie1,

We called on the port of Trapani, last summer when we did the Western Mediterranean.

We put together a tour with folks from our roll call, 7 all together.

RIL picked us up in a new Mercedes mini-van. Our driver was excellent, and was able to tell us a great deal of information about Sicily in general and more specific facts before we arrived at each place.

We visited the Salt Mines first, and we all thought it was very interesting.

Next our driver asked if we would be interested in visiting a winery (we did not expect that on this tour, but we all liked the idea!). We went to Pellegrino Winery (not affiliated with Pellegrino Water ;)) and we were the ONLY tourists there. In fact, our driver went in first, and came back to the van to tell us that they would "open just for us". So, we had a wonderful tour and generous tastings. In one of the rooms, there were huge wine barrels that celebrities left their autograph. We noticed names like Joe DiMaggio and Mickey Mantle. We all purchased several bottles of wine.:)

We went to a medieval town, Erice. It was HIGH on a hill, with narrow roads. There was a cable car, but the line was so long that we skipped it. We had a nice lunch at a little cafe in Erice and did some brief shopping. We saw some amazing pastry shops; Sicily is known for their desserts.

It was a full day, but done at a comfortable pace. We enjoyed it very much.

The RIL driver was prompt and professional, and at the end of the day, we had made a new friend.

When we got back on our ship, the captain came on and said that we were going to leave port very slowly. Apparently, the water is very shallow at Trapani so it takes some maneuvering to get in and out.

I give Romeinlimo my highest recommendation!

Just curious Lalique, why do you think the Rome-in-Limo personnel aren't native to Florence? Have the read the comments here that praise their passion and expertise?

We have already booked RIL for Florence and Rome. Their reviews are fantastic and we know we will be very happy with them. Was only wondering about the Amalfi Coast area because I have not read as much about them for that area - although what I have heard has been very good.

We used Rome in Limo in 3 ports.......passed their name to our neighbors who used the them...then to other friends........now to another group of 16!! All feedback afterwards was the same as ours......fabulous, professional, so knowledgeable...and certainly native to that port!!! Romeinlimo from the first contact to the actual tour...offer an amazing tour that one will not forget!!

Bobalink

Thank you for your informative review! It is much appreciated. I have been emailing Jany and am setting up a couple of tours in Florence and Rome, and was contemplating doing the Sicily tour. I think we may just have to do it as well! :>)

We have already booked RIL for Florence and Rome. Their reviews are fantastic and we know we will be very happy with them. Was only wondering about the Amalfi Coast area because I have not read as much about them for that area - although what I have heard has been very good.

We also used RIL for our port stop in Naples (also Rome and Florence/Pisa) and had a great day. Our driver was local and knew every inch of the region and it's history. We started bright and early with a tour along the Amalfi Coast visiting both Sorrento and Positano. Our great driver gave us several choices for lunch including high in the hills overlooking the sea or actually right down at the water for a seaside repast. We choose the seaside!! Then it was off to Pompeii. While admittedly 2 hours (or so) in Pompeii is rather "whirlwind" it was terrific to get a taste of this amazing and historic venue. Every day that we've spent with RIL has been amazing and the Amalfi Coast was no different. We recommend them highly!!!

Edited by BigGuy25

Have heard of so many good tour guides for Amalfi/Psitano and Sorrento that cannot make up my mind. We do have RIL booked for 2 days in Florence and 1 day in Rome for our cruise in Oct.-Nov. but not for the Amalfi Coast area. Do you feel their tour of that area was as good as someone who is a native of that area? I have contacted them about it but have not made a decision yet. Have also heard good reviews of Francesco Marapesse and Marcello of See Sorrento and also Simply Amalfi. Had no problems making the decision for RIL in Rome and Florence - their reviews are wonderful. Any info you can give me would be helpful.

I have used Romeinlimo several years in a row and am getting ready to tour with them on my upcoming cruise in June on the Solstice. I have loved ALL my guides and the driver/guides have all been from the Sorrento area... not Rome. Our last driver, Raffaelo, has lived in Sorrento his entire life and was THEE funniest guy we've ever had. It was such a great day. My mother still talks about Raffaelo. They have local guides in each city. They do not drive from Rome to do these tours. They have fantastic guides that are doing this every day. I am not saying another tour company is not good... I don't know enough to say that. All I can say, with the amount of time I have spent touring with this company, that I won't spend my money with any other company.

Also one thing to remember is the continuity of service you get with having the same company in all three cities... as well as the discount:D

Another thing that I think is important when reading all the reviews and recommendations is that everyone seems to be so happy with Romeinlimo. I think that is a pretty dang good guarantee.

We've used RIL several times over the last couple of years and can't wait to tour again with them. All their drivers are local so they are really familiar with the area they are driving in. That would be a long drive from Rome everyday. LOL.

I will be doing the Rome tour tomorrow but did Livorno today and you can't walk on the pier there. RIL met us at the port. Had a great driver, Fabrizio, local to the area. Can't say enough about the tour today - was a wonderful day.

I will be doing the Rome tour tomorrow but did Livorno today and you can't walk on the pier there. RIL met us at the port. Had a great driver, Fabrizio, local to the area. Can't say enough about the tour today - was a wonderful day.

Would you endorse ....highly recommend Fabrizo

I will be using RIL for Florence, Rome and Naples. Are there guides for each port that you would recommend and does RIL honor requests such as these?

I do HIGHLY recommend Raffaelo in Naples... but I do know it's hard for them to coordinate the drivers/guides. I would certainly ask. I have had many many different ones in Rome and Florence and they've all been outstanding (local) and very personable. I don't think you can go wrong with any... but I ADORE Raffaelo... I wanted to bring him home with me:D

I will be using RIL for Florence, Rome and Naples. Are there guides for each port that you would recommend and does RIL honor requests such as these?

Hello soccer71,

You will be very pleased with Romeinlimo. It really doesn't make any difference which driver you get. They are all extremely professional, prompt and courteous. Duman, the owner, has very high standards for his employees and you will be treated like royalty!:)

Don't worry about it, you are in good hands. Come back and tell us all about your experience.

Have fun!

I faced the same question when we were arranging our tours. We chose RIL for Rome and Florence but decided to go with SA for Naples based on the reviews on the TripAdvisor site. After reading through tons of comments on both boards, I'm sure you can't go wrong with either. Do more reading, contact the companies, then go with your instincts.

Happy planning.

Hello soccer71,

You will be very pleased with Romeinlimo. It really doesn't make any difference which driver you get. They are all extremely professional, prompt and courteous. Duman, the owner, has very high standards for his employees and you will be treated like royalty!:)

Don't worry about it, you are in good hands. Come back and tell us all about your experience.

Have fun!

Thanks I think thats good advice rather than attempting to ascertain the "best" guide. All the reviews are fantastic so I will take your advice and not worry about it

I will tell you how things went

I faced the same question when we were arranging our tours. We chose RIL for Rome and Florence but decided to go with SA for Naples based on the reviews on the TripAdvisor site. After reading through tons of comments on both boards, I'm sure you can't go wrong with either. Do more reading, contact the companies, then go with your instincts.

Happy planning.

You probably know this already but if you book all three tours with RIL you recieve a 50 Euro discount on each tour. The cost was not the most important factor in my decision but if the alternatives were close why not enjoy the discount and use the savings to improve my trip somewhere else

We used RIL for the Amalfi Coast and found the tour with Raeffelle to be every bit as good as the RIL tour we had in Rome. Very courteous, efficient, and he was very knowledgeable.

We particularly liked the ability to customize our tour on the fly, picking the amount of time we chose to spend at each stop. We also chose to take the ferry back from Sorrento, which left us more time for touring. Raeffelle made sure we got there on time, and got the tickets for us. It was a great day. You'll be very happy with an RIL tour for Amalfi.