RomeInLimo questions

jalynn

I see. Since I wasn't involved with your booking, I can't know what happened. All I can say is that, as a regular customer, I have never seen Romeinlimo either change the confirmed vehicle or the published rate. They have always been consistent and reliable.

Same here, nothing but the best of service, on time and fun too!!:)

We had a lovely driver called Franco, he was knowledgeable without being boring and was very polite , we would not hesitate to use Rominlimo again, this was my second time to use their service, they did not disappoint, from the initial query to the final bon voyage! :)

:)mfanderso:

So sorry to hear that you were so unhappy with your tour with RIL. I too, have used Rome in Limo for many years and never had an issues, what ever Jany confirmed in email to me is always what we got. Not to say we didn't change things up on her several times. :o I always reconfirm with a company as we get closer to travel (Jany is always so patient and confirms for me as many times as I ask). I am sure there are good tour companies out there, I just love traveling with the best! imho :)

We have had 40 plus people to travel on tours together and they have coordinated it beautifully and without a hitch (no easy task) and in multiple vehicles. I hope you are happier with the other tour company. Italy is too beautiful to miss! :o

We had a wonderful day with Rome In Limo on an all day tour of Rome in December 2013. Our driver Claudio was excellent and whisked us from place to place. Our tour guide for the Vatican was Catherine and she was very knowledgeable and informative. We could not have seen half of what we saw at the Vatican without her. Since I am in a wheelchair we could not take the staircase from the Sistine Chapel to St. Peters. No problem, Claudio picked us up at the museum and drove us to St. Peters. Claudio also took us to a lovely restaurant for lunch. We were dropped off in front of all of the sites we wanted to see. We also used Rome In Limo for a transfer from the airport to our hotel and from our hotel to our cruise ship. Every driver arrived on time. The Mercedes van was very clean and comfortable. I would highly recommend Rome In Limo and look forward to using them again in the fall when we are returning to Rome.

I apologize if these questions have been asked before.....

So my family and another family on Cruise Critic (8 total) are looking at booking a couple of tours.

1) The cost difference between booking 8 versus 15 is quite a bit more per person price. So what is the advantage if any? They state you get a guide with 15, what exactly does this mean, any experiences?

2) If we stick with our group of 8, does your driver "guide" you in anyway or is just a drop/pick up situation?

We had a wonderful day with Rome In Limo on an all day tour of Rome in December 2013. Our driver Claudio was excellent and whisked us from place to place. Our tour guide for the Vatican was Catherine and she was very knowledgeable and informative. We could not have seen half of what we saw at the Vatican without her. Since I am in a wheelchair we could not take the staircase from the Sistine Chapel to St. Peters. No problem, Claudio picked us up at the museum and drove us to St. Peters. Claudio also took us to a lovely restaurant for lunch. We were dropped off in front of all of the sites we wanted to see. We also used Rome In Limo for a transfer from the airport to our hotel and from our hotel to our cruise ship. Every driver arrived on time. The Mercedes van was very clean and comfortable. I would highly recommend Rome In Limo and look forward to using them again in the fall when we are returning to Rome.

DUTRAVEL (or anyone else) you state you had a tour guide for the Vatican through RomeInLimo, how much extra is this service AND do you still need to prepurchase your Vatican tickets or is this included?

I apologize if these questions have been asked before.....

So my family and another family on Cruise Critic (8 total) are looking at booking a couple of tours.

1) The cost difference between booking 8 versus 15 is quite a bit more per person price. So what is the advantage if any? They state you get a guide with 15, what exactly does this mean, any experiences?

2) If we stick with our group of 8, does your driver "guide" you in anyway or is just a drop/pick up situation?

Having a guide means that the guide will take you through every stop you make, and offers a history of the site. Generally they know how to avoid lines, get you to the best places at each site and their knowledge is very helpful. If you have a driver only, at least for Rome In Limo, they also have a lot of knowledge and will share that with you as you travel from site to site but they will not accompany you inside any site. They will drop you at the gate/door and pick you up when you want, where you want. We found that having a guide for the Vatican was very important, it increased the cost I believe by 180E, that was 3 years ago, but made a huge difference in our experience there. The Vatican museums are huge and VERY crowded, the guide got us past lines and shared her vast knowledge, she was an art-history major, and made the day so much better for us. We've also done walking tours through ancient Rome with a guide which we thought were wonderful, especially for first time visitors like ourselves with a short time to spend in that wonderful city. If you can afford it I would definitely add the guide to your tour, but also understand that drivers for Rome In Limo are very knowledgeable and while they can't take you into the sites, they will share their knowledge with you, they also will take you to spots you might not have considered before because of their knowledge of the area. Hope you have a wonderful trip.:)

It was 150 Euros for our party I believe in 2011 (not per person). Well worth EVERY PENNY. You pay the guide yourself, if I recall.

The Vatican was spectacularly crowded when we were there and she was a huge help in pointing out key items and giving backstory. The crowds were so heavy, stopping to read anything was not an option. The Sistine Chapel was one person leaves, one person enters, but she got our group of 8 in.

Your Vatican tickets are not included, you should pre-buy them online. Your guide will take the vouchers from you and get them turned in quick and get you into the museum.

DUTRAVEL (or anyone else) you state you had a tour guide for the Vatican through RomeInLimo, how much extra is this service AND do you still need to prepurchase your Vatican tickets or is this included?

Having a guide means that the guide will take you through every stop you make, and offers a history of the site. Generally they know how to avoid lines, get you to the best places at each site and their knowledge is very helpful. If you have a driver only, at least for Rome In Limo, they also have a lot of knowledge and will share that with you as you travel from site to site but they will not accompany you inside any site. They will drop you at the gate/door and pick you up when you want, where you want. We found that having a guide for the Vatican was very important, it increased the cost I believe by 180E, that was 3 years ago, but made a huge difference in our experience there. The Vatican museums are huge and VERY crowded, the guide got us past lines and shared her vast knowledge, she was an art-history major, and made the day so much better for us. We've also done walking tours through ancient Rome with a guide which we thought were wonderful, especially for first time visitors like ourselves with a short time to spend in that wonderful city. If you can afford it I would definitely add the guide to your tour, but also understand that drivers for Rome In Limo are very knowledgeable and while they can't take you into the sites, they will share their knowledge with you, they also will take you to spots you might not have considered before because of their knowledge of the area. Hope you have a wonderful trip.:)

It was 150 Euros for our party I believe in 2011 (not per person). Well worth EVERY PENNY. You pay the guide yourself, if I recall.

The Vatican was spectacularly crowded when we were there and she was a huge help in pointing out key items and giving backstory. The crowds were so heavy, stopping to read anything was not an option. The Sistine Chapel was one person leaves, one person enters, but she got our group of 8 in.

Your Vatican tickets are not included, you should pre-buy them online. Your guide will take the vouchers from you and get them turned in quick and get you into the museum.

Thank you so much for your advise:p

Yes, you still need to pre purchase the Vatican tickets. The guide was 150 Euros (plus tip). Well worth the cost.

My wife and I booked Rome tours, airport transfers, and Civitavecchia port transportation through ROMEINLIMO for our pre-cruise stay in Rome.

We enjoyed a full day tour with ROMEINLIMO a year ago, and it was the best tour that we have experienced. We were met at our ship at Civitavecchia by our guide/driver, Francesco. He was dressed in a suit, the limo was new and shined and polished, and the windows were tinted.

Very nice, indeed! Francesco asked us what we wished to see in Rome, and after we explained our main points of interest, he asked us to put it in his hands and he would take care of everything. He did a great job because we did not wait in line to enter St. Peter's Basilica, the Vatican (you must purchase Vatican tickets in advance on line before you begin your cruise), the Colosseum, nor any of the tourist sites that we visited. We went straight in, and Francesco was waiting for us at a prearranged time when we exited. He was parked at the curb, holding the door open so we hopped into the limo and were off to the next site. In one day, we saw all of the must see highlights of Rome. Francesco took us to many sites that we were unaware existed. It simply was the best tour ever! The price is much cheaper than booking a limo through Holland America. RomeInLimo charged 1/3 of the price that HAL charges for a limo.

I highly recommend this tour company to all who wish to have a complete, informative, entertaining, safe, comfortable, and luxurious day in Rome. They also provide tour services for Sorrento, Naples, Venice, Florence, and other locales. We are booked for them as well for our upcoming cruise in September 2014. Forget the crowded bus tours that HAL provides, RomeInLimo is value for the dollar and the best way to see Italy.

Hi

We booked romeinlimo for our Pisa /Florence section. Our drive Angelo met us at the port of Laspezia and we had a wonderful day. We tailored made the trip our groups interest. After touring Pisa we decided a quick stop there was all that was needed. We proceed to Florence and spent a couple of hours including lunch. I really wish we would have had a bit more time and a guide. However we did sacrifice the time for a trip to a Tuscan Winery.. great.

Next time we go we will skip Pisa (not really terribly exciting and once you've seen the photo you've really seen Pisa) and spend more time in Florence and touring more of the historical sights. They also have great shopping and a wonderful leather market. The 4-5 cafes lined up by the carousel before the gates to the main city wall were great and all lining up for your business.

Great trip ad thank you.

We have booked romain limo for 2 tours - the Classic Rome one day and The Vatican the next. Claudio is ordering our Vatican tickets for us.

Be aware that RomeInLimo.com & LimoInRome.com are two different tour companies, if you have booked with Claudio, your are booked with LIR and not RIL and there is hugh thread on which company you should use.

Be aware that RomeInLimo.com & LimoInRome.com are two different tour companies, if you have booked with Claudio, your are booked with LIR and not RIL and there is hugh thread on which company you should use.

I stand corrected ... it is LimoInRome - and Claudio - I am booked with. Thank you for clarifying. Just goes to show what happens when you transpose a few words.;)

So ... the big question now is ... since this is a "RomeInLimo" thread, did I book the wrong company?? Or is this thread actually about LimoInRome? And can you point me to the "huge thread" about which one I should use?

Edited by sunluva7
had more questions

I think the point of this huge thread is that RIL is the goto company (and I agree in general) that said it doesn't mean you made a wrong move or there are not other options.

I stand corrected ... it is LimoInRome - and Claudio - I am booked with. Thank you for clarifying. Just goes to show what happens when you transpose a few words.;)

So ... the big question now is ... since this is a "RomeInLimo" thread, did I book the wrong company?? Or is this thread actually about LimoInRome? And can you point me to the "huge thread" about which one I should use?

You are on the huge Rome in Limo thread.

I would suggest a quick search for Limo in Rome. You won't find a lot, and what I have seen it isn't positive.

We are about 4 months out from our July RIL tour in Rome. I booked a tour for 8 some time ago, but only have 4 bookings at this stage. What happens if I can only get 4 ? Is the tour price then divided by 4? I can't believe that such a great value private tour isn't snavelled up. Then maybe I'm an early bird who gets impatient :o

We are about 4 months out from our July RIL tour in Rome. I booked a tour for 8 some time ago, but only have 4 bookings at this stage. What happens if I can only get 4 ? Is the tour price then divided by 4? I can't believe that such a great value private tour isn't snavelled up. Then maybe I'm an early bird who gets impatient :o

The price quoted is for the vehicle. So the price will be divided by however many people are in the vehicle.

I would suggest a quick search for Limo in Rome. You won't find a lot, and what I have seen it isn't positive.

I found some Cruise Critic threads with good reviews of LimoInRome. Where are you seeing the bad reviews?

Given you are one of Rome in Limo's biggest promoters, I suggest the poster do a search on his/her own before coming to any conclusions....;)

Here is one thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1228001 (lots of chatter but amongst that are some positive reviews)

and another:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1275481

I would beg to differ. While I've had a number of positive experiences with Rome in Limo, I have also been very pleased with Claudio and Limo on Rome.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I found some Cruise Critic threads with good reviews of LimoInRome. Where are you seeing the bad reviews?

Given you are one of Rome in Limo's biggest promoters, I suggest the poster do a search on his/her own before coming to any conclusions....;)

cruisemom42...glad to know you are keeping such close watch on my posts....:confused:

Of course sunluva is free, and I even invited sunluva to do a search, and seek out that poster's own info.

My experience with L-I-R goes back to 2009, before we ever used R-I-L. In those days there was much said about the nature of the close names and the serious quality differences between the two companies. To be honest, I haven't paid a lot of recent attention, and haven't seen a lot of threads about L-I-R.

cruisemom42...glad to know you are keeping such close watch on my posts....:confused:

Of course sunluva is free, and I even invited sunluva to do a search, and seek out that poster's own info.

My experience with L-I-R goes back to 2009, before we ever used R-I-L. In those days there was much said about the nature of the close names and the serious quality differences between the two companies. To be honest, I haven't paid a lot of recent attention, and haven't seen a lot of threads about L-I-R.

It's not too tough when the boards are this slow to read all the recent posts. :D

In all seriousness though, this is someone's livelihood. Folks shouldn't cast aspersions about the quality of an agency without something more to back it up than a vague recollection from 2009..... Just my opinion, of course.