RomeInLimo questions

jalynn

Used Rome in Limo for a tour. It was just my husband and I. Francesco was our guide and he was excellent. It was my second time in Rome and I learned SO much from Francesco that I didn't know before. He was able to answer every question we had, and even took us to a restaurant that had gluten-free fried calamari, pizza and pasta.

We will give our 2 drivers with Romeinlimo the highest marks. Being in a smaller vehicle rather than a bus allowed us to travel through all the narrow streets in Florence and Rome, saving us lots of walking. Our drivers even found us a top gelato place before driving back to the ship.:)

We booked RomeinLimo for our cruise stop in Rome. "Vinny" met us at the ship and ushered us right to his car. He is a delightful man and has years of experience. Request him if you can!. We loved being able to get through the traffic and closer to attractions than tour bus/cruise ship excursions. We went to the Coliseum, Pantheon, stopped by Circus Maximus and several other sites. We then had a nice lunch near the Vatican and met Marco, our Vatican guide. He was also exceptional - and was arranged by RomeinLimo. Take their suggestion and add the guide to your day. Well worth it! Vinny was great about dropping us at locations and gave us a cell phone to contact him when we were ready to be picked up. Traffic in Rome is crazy but he always managed to pick us up within minutes. Our group of four was very pleased with the service from booking and communication prior to the trip, to connecting with Vinny, to the wealth of information that was shared by he and our Vatican guide. This is the best value and best way to see Rome highlights when you have just one day.

Used Rome in Limo for a tour. It was just my husband and I. Francesco was our guide and he was excellent. It was my second time in Rome and I learned SO much from Francesco that I didn't know before. He was able to answer every question we had, and even took us to a restaurant that had gluten-free fried calamari, pizza and pasta.

Francesco was our guide as well. He was fabulous! His love of Rome and knowledge made our visit so incredible. I can't wait to return. For anyone that is debating on booking RIL.. 2 words..

DO IT!! You will not regret it.

Francesco was our guide as well. He was fabulous! His love of Rome and knowledge made our visit so incredible. I can't wait to return. For anyone that is debating on booking RIL.. 2 words..

DO IT!! You will not regret it.

I agree wholeheartedly! On two different trips to Italy RIL took wonderful care of us on all of our transfers and tours, I wouldn't even consider another company for our next trip!:)

The vast majority of posts before ours have done an excellent job of describing the impeccable service we also received from Rome In Limo. Starting with the original contacts with Jany, to being dropped off at the airport in Naples we received no less than excellent care. Impeccable service--excellent care.

Our cruise had been delayed and then cancelled part way through our itinerary which caused our originally scheduled tours in Naples, Rome and Florence with Rome In Limo to be delayed or cancelled. Working with Jany through emails and telephone calls before we disembarked in Naples allowed us to salvage a tour in Rome and a tour of the Amalfi Coast, Sorrento,Positano and Pompeii. Without Jany's sincere cooperation and understanding we never would have been able to make these tours happen.

Our driver from Rome,Gabriele,picked us up in Naples,transported us to Rome where our tour began, then transported us back to Naples. We were picked up promptly at 8am and dropped off just before 8pm...Gabriele had another drive back to home in Rome. A very long day for him.

Gabriele did an excellent job of mixing history lessons with jokes as well as answering questions that we had. Gabriele had the knowledge and the expertise to quickly move us from site to site to make the most of our limited time...as well as snapping pictures of our group at various sites. Memories for sure :)

Massimo was our guide at the Vatican Museums and St. Peters Basilica. "Exceptional" is the first word that comes to mind for an overall description of Massimo's service. His knowledge, his visual aides, anecdotes and attention to small details like finding out of the way locations to explain what we were seeing without being drowned out by other shouting guides was impressive.

Diego was our driver for the tour of the Amalfi Coast, Sorrento,Positano. He then transported us to Pompeii to meet our guide. What a gem!!! Diego had all the knowledge and expertise of his area that we had seen with Gabriele in Rome. Again,More than just a history lesson,Diego was able to mix in jokes and stories about the area. One of our take-away memories is driving along the Amalfi coast and Sorrento area singing "That's Amore" and "Volare"...admittedly Diego was the one that knew all the words.

Constanze was our guide at Pompeii. She also was obviously very knowledgeable about the site and the facts that have been uncovered or pieced together. We enjoyed that Constanze obviously was having a good time doing what she loved to do...teach. The tour was not a history lesson but a learning experience. She took the knowledge that she had and added her personality to it to bring the Pompeii experience to life so to make you want to learn more.

Our Rome In Limo experience ended with a bright and chipper Diego dropping us off at the Naples airport the following morning.

Rome In Limo truly went out of their way to help salvage what could have been a very disappointing end to a once in a lifetime travel experience.

We did three private Rome in Limo tours while we were in Italy in September on the Carnival Sunshine. All the drivers were timely, professional and made sure we saw everything we wanted to. It was so much better then going off the ship and actually was cheaper if you can get eight people. When we were in Naples the driver Tony bought us water and at the end gave the van a bottle of Lemoncello. Great customer service. Use Rome in Limo. You will not be disappointed.

The vast majority of posts before ours have done an excellent job of describing the impeccable service we also received from Rome In Limo. Starting with the original contacts with Jany, to being dropped off at the airport in Naples we received no less than excellent care. Impeccable service--excellent care.

Our cruise had been delayed and then cancelled part way through our itinerary which caused our originally scheduled tours in Naples, Rome and Florence with Rome In Limo to be delayed or cancelled. Working with Jany through emails and telephone calls before we disembarked in Naples allowed us to salvage a tour in Rome and a tour of the Amalfi Coast, Sorrento,Positano and Pompeii. Without Jany's sincere cooperation and understanding we never would have been able to make these tours happen.

Our driver from Rome,Gabriele,picked us up in Naples,transported us to Rome where our tour began, then transported us back to Naples. We were picked up promptly at 8am and dropped off just before 8pm...Gabriele had another drive back to home in Rome. A very long day for him.

Gabriele did an excellent job of mixing history lessons with jokes as well as answering questions that we had. Gabriele had the knowledge and the expertise to quickly move us from site to site to make the most of our limited time...as well as snapping pictures of our group at various sites. Memories for sure :)

Massimo was our guide at the Vatican Museums and St. Peters Basilica. "Exceptional" is the first word that comes to mind for an overall description of Massimo's service. His knowledge, his visual aides, anecdotes and attention to small details like finding out of the way locations to explain what we were seeing without being drowned out by other shouting guides was impressive.

Diego was our driver for the tour of the Amalfi Coast, Sorrento,Positano. He then transported us to Pompeii to meet our guide. What a gem!!! Diego had all the knowledge and expertise of his area that we had seen with Gabriele in Rome. Again,More than just a history lesson,Diego was able to mix in jokes and stories about the area. One of our take-away memories is driving along the Amalfi coast and Sorrento area singing "That's Amore" and "Volare"...admittedly Diego was the one that knew all the words.

Constanze was our guide at Pompeii. She also was obviously very knowledgeable about the site and the facts that have been uncovered or pieced together. We enjoyed that Constanze obviously was having a good time doing what she loved to do...teach. The tour was not a history lesson but a learning experience. She took the knowledge that she had and added her personality to it to bring the Pompeii experience to life so to make you want to learn more.

Our Rome In Limo experience ended with a bright and chipper Diego dropping us off at the Naples airport the following morning.

Rome In Limo truly went out of their way to help salvage what could have been a very disappointing end to a once in a lifetime travel experience.

So sorry to read about your cruise canceling, which cruise line? what's happened to your ship?

Rome In Limo---All The Above And More

"So sorry to read about your cruise canceling, which cruise line? what's happened to your ship? "

Thank You for your condolences. We were aboard the Royal Princess on the cruise departing from Venice Sept 15th. Up until the point of being cancelled we had enjoyed our cruise and are not ruling out cruising with them again. If you do a search on "Royal Princess" its current status should be in an update. I have not checked so do not want to pass along any incorrect information.

Thanks again

We have used Rome in Limo 3 times now and always had excellent service. The cost is quite high for two people but we feel it is worth it. The first time in 2009 we thought that the cruise would be a once in a lifetime experience how wrong we were. We wanted to see as much as possible and not be herded about, I have walking difficulties so having read about Rome in Limo we decided it would be worth the money.

When we decided to cruise again in 2011 it was always our intention to use Rome in Limo as my DH had a list of the places he wanted to see. Andrea our driver was very knowledgeable and took us where we wanted to go, if he hadn't been with us I think we would have joined the wrong queue for the Vatican Museum.

We cruised again in September and again Rome in Limo was superb. Alberto was our driver this time and he was charming. Due to my dodgy knees we had a wheelchair with us but this proved no problem at all and we were taken to the places we wanted to see as yet again my DH had a list!

We have been met each time at the port on time, our drivers have recommended restaurants for lunch so we have sampled real Italian cooking.

We have seen everything that we could in the time and have thoroughly enjoyed the experience. We have tipped the driver each time and were happy to do so.

Obviously the cost for two people is something we are prepared to pay, but if there were more then it would probably work out cheaper than the cruise lines excursions. I would highly recommend Rome in Limo and know that next time we cruise around the Med if Rome is on the itinerary then we will be using them again.

We have also used RomeInLimo's services in Rome three times along with Florence and Naples - they do an excellent job with the tours and are very professional. Our driver, Alberto, was a wonderful driver/guide and was very helpful the whole day. This time we included the guide for the Vatican. Julia was a wonderful guide and really enhanced our knowledge and enjoyment of the Vatican Museum and St. Peters - she was a delightful addition to our overall tour. So if you are looking for a guided tour of the Vatican you cannot go wrong with requesting Julia.

We also used Rome in Limo for our tour in Rome. Our driver, Mike, was fabulous, on time to pick us up at the port, full of history, great sense of humor, patient with 6 ladies, great place for lunch. We also used Julia as a guide in the Vatican and highly recommend her as well.

How far in advance is reasonable to book? I don't want to be to far ahead. Thanks.

There is no penalty for booking early, and as there is no deposit or other money required, no penalty for canceling, why not book early?

I just booked for next June. As always, Jany was available and happy to take our booking.

How far in advance is reasonable to book? I don't want to be to far ahead. Thanks.

Booking ahead is the way to go! It doesn't cost anything and you can always increase the size of your vehicle if you get too many that want to go with you. That's what happened to me last year :D They were really good about increasing the size of our vans in different ports. VERY accommodating tour company! You'll love them!

Booking ahead is the way to go! It doesn't cost anything and you can always increase the size of your vehicle if you get too many that want to go with you. That's what happened to me last year :D They were really good about increasing the size of our vans in different ports. VERY accommodating tour company! You'll love them!

I agree! Rome in Limo was the first tours we booked. Jany is wonderful with answering questions, advising you prior to your trip on securing tickets that may be needed for the Vatican, Colisseum, etc. and providing the links to the websites. She will also recommend the best time to reserve your tickets to avoid crowds.

I hope you post your experience when you return.

Have a wonderful time.

After using Rome in Limo three times and getting excellent service each time, there are a few things I wish I had known ahead of time:

1. Pick-up - Ask ahead of time where they will pick you up. Depending on the port, they may pick you up right at the ship, or you may have to take the ship's shuttle to a drop-off spot. Corresponding with Jany by email is quick and simple to do. She always replies within a day or two, sometimes within hours.

2. Water - Most drivers bring water with them, but I didn't know that. They offered it at the end on the ride going back to the ship. Had I known they had it, I would have requested it sooner! However, depending on the van, it might be in the back where you can only get to it when the van is stopped, so keep that in mind.

3. Van configuration - we had two different types of vans for 8 people. One had a single seat next to the driver, two rows of two seats and a row of three seats in the back. The other had two seats next to the driver, and two rows of three seats. It didn't matter to us which we got, but if it matters to you, request the type of van you want and I bet they'll be able to accommodate you.

4. Wifi - some vans offer wifi. We wish we had known this. One driver never mentioned it until it was requested and then said he'd only turn it on on the way back to the ship. A friend told us her driver offered it immediately without being asked and it was available whenever they were in the car.

5. English Speaking - while all the drivers were very fluent, some had a very strong accent that made it difficult to understand them, especially if he was speaking quickly. Also, the people sitting in the last row in the back often had a hard time hearing him. Ricardo whom we had on our Florence and Pisa tour was extremely easy to understand. (It could be because he had lived in the States for many years.)

Note that Rome in Limo is a transportation company. While the driver is very knowledgeable and will usually give a running commentary while you are driving from place to place, they don't go with you when you leave the van to see a sight. They will hire a guide for you at an additional cost if you want one. We hired a guide for the Vatican and Pompeii who were excellent and well worth the cost.

Edited by new2cruise

Hi there Italian law and a great deal of the rest of Europe provide that all guides inside historic sites must be licensed. Drivers and even tour guides with large land tour companies are not allowed inside sites with their guests.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We went with RomeInLimo Sept 25 and 26. We had Maurizio in Rome and Gian in Florence. Both trips were fantastic. Both drivers are very nice and accommodating. Our guide in the Vatican was also very good. Will definitely recommend the company and will hire it again when we go back to Europe next time.

We had Stephan for our driver in Rome last month. He was easily the best guide we had the whole cruise. We had been to Rome before so wanted to see new things. Stephan delivered. He took us to some wonderful churches and sites we would not have known about. Very knowledgeable and professional. He gave us a cell phone to call him when we were ready to be picked up and had cold water waiting when we returned to the car. We saw a lot of Rome and never felt rushed.

We used Rome in Limo for a private tour for 8 people in Rome and Naples, and both tours were fantastic! Mike was our driver in Rome and he expertly drove us through the madness of Rome traffic, taking us to all the highlights and guiding us through each stop with precision and ease. Mike was friendly and professional, and his knowledge of Rome history was superb.

In Naples, Fernando met us at the port and drove us through Naples, taking us to Sorrento, Positano and the Amalfi Coast, followed by a 2-hour stop in Pompeii. Like Mike, Fernando was professional and a real joy to travel with. We found Fernando to be funny and witty, and he made us feel like family. Fernando brought us to a wonderful restaurant at the top of Positano overlooking the city and Sea, and we dined on the best mozzarella, pasta and pizza in our memory.

Do not book the cruise line tours when you are in Italy -- book with Rome in Limo and have a wonderful day!

Thanks Mike and Fernando (and Rome in Limo)!

We used Rome in Limo for our tour in Rome on Monday, September 30. Nick was our guide and he was outstanding!!!!

The highlight of the tour were the two great restaurants he took us to. The food was incredible.

I highly recommend using Rome in Limo!!!!!

We just returned home Friday evening and wanted to post this review. This is a very professional company and the drivers were awesome....We booked Livorno, Rome, Naples and Messina. We were traveling with another couple and sold the remaining 4 seats to all ports with the help of Cruise Critic, saving a great deal of money. The drivers were fun, very knowledgeable, and took us to some places the tour busses do not go. Our driver in Rome made arrangements for our guide in Pompei, she was awesome, 18 yrs as a registered guide and a high school teacher to. You need a guide for Pompei or you will not have a clue. Cost was 100 euros dived by eight people, another money saver. Her name was Costanze. Messina tour due to the short time there, we visited Mt. Etna and then on to the Gambino Winery, 2 plus hours of eating, wine pairing, all you could drink, at 20 euros pp. Incredible way to end our day and our tours. Wine is for purchase for a mere 7 euros, for the white, and 10 euros for the Red, and 12 for the port wine... Carnival Sunshine allows you to bring any and all alcohol on board for consumption. Hope tis helps...Ken & Margarita!

We too used Rome in Limo for your tours in Italy (La Spezzia, Rome and Naples).

They were very professional and informative. Cut through all the traffic and got us to where we needed to be before every one else. Even got us our Coliseum tickets while we were off doing other thing.

Will use them again any time we're in Italy.

We were on the Royal Princess September 27 sailing. We booked Rome in Limo for Florence on 9/29 - Rome on 9/30 - Amalfi Coast on 10/1. Without a doubt, these three days were the highlight of our cruise.

We were two couples traveling together on the cruise. We all hate the regimented cruise tours, and in looking at this Cruise Critic site I read about Rome In Limo and decided to give them a try. From the start, they were highly professional. Every question I had was answered promptly and patiently by Jany. She made it easy every step of the way.

It was so wonderful to step off the ship and just look for the sign with our name on it. Each of the drivers was right there, no searching or worry on our part. In Florence our driver was Cara. She was delightful, a wealth of information on the area. We originally thought we would skip Pisa, but she convinced us we should see it and we were so happy that she did. It was a delightful town and the leaning tower was really something to see. She took us all around the town, some backroads with delightful views and scenery. Then we took the back roads through a portion of Tuscany on our way to Florence. We went through many small villages, saw some beautiful scenery, rather than a boring freeway. In Florence she knew all of the backroads and I know we saw parts of the city that no tour bus could have navigated. Unfortunately it was raining quite heavily, but she took us almost to the door of the Accademia, loaned us umbrellas to shop, took us to a lovely restaurant and a gelato shop that I'm still dreaming of. She was fun and knowledgeable and a very lovely lady.

In Rome, our driver was Francesco. In our introductions, we found out that he has family in Michigan not a mile from our home, and had visited here several times. It was meant to be! Being from Rome himself, he knew every road and back alley and again we saw so much more of the city than I had thought possible. He was a wealth of information. He took us as close as possible to all of the sights, gave us a cell phone programmed with his phone number so we could call him when we were ready to leave a specific location. Always within a couple of minutes, there he was to pick us up. We had a wonderful lunch at a non-touristy restaurant. When we said our goodbyes I gave him my contact information and invited him for dinner next time he visits his family in the U.S.

For our Amalfi Coast tour, Lello was our driver. Lello is a character, very funny, he kept us laughing all the time. He also provided us a lot of history of the area and navigated those twisty roads with the greatest of ease. It was like sightseeing with a good friend. We saw so much beautiful scenery and all of the villages. We had time to shop and lunch and never felt rushed.

All of the vans were extremely clean and comfortable. I really can't say enough good things about our experience. It was truly the highlight of our cruise. We felt even better about it when chatting with fellow passengers. One couple told us they had to walk at least 5-6 miles on their cruise tours. Those big buses just can't navigate through a city like we were able to. Highly highly recommend Rome in Limo!