RomeInLimo questions

jalynn

We were on the Celebrity Silhouette in July, 2013. We signed up for a tour of Rome with RomeInLimo. Before the tour they were very helpful in answering questions and suggesting ideas for the tour. They had us get our tickets to the Vatican and the Coliseum ahead of time. They even advised on the best time to get the tickets.

When we got to Rome we were met at the ship by our tour guide, Nick, right on time and right on the dock. The tour was fantastic. Nick was very knowledgeable and shared his knowledge in excellent English. He would weave that Mercedes minivan through the streets of Rome with ease. He would point things out as we passed them and answered all our questions.

At the tourist spots he would park and walk us around explaining to us what we were seeing. At some spots, like the Coliseum, he would let us off and tell us what time he would pick us up. He was always there as promised. At the Vatican he introduced us to our guide, Serena. She took over and guided us through the Vatican with the same care and skill as Nick had used.

I highly recommend RomeInLimo for your tour of Rome. They have the tour guide business perfected.

He would weave that Mercedes minivan through the streets of Rome with ease.

Okay, I'm being a little, well.... in a mood. I had to laugh when I read this only because quite a while back I remember someone posting on here pretending how knowledgeable they were, how they just loved jumping into their stretch limo for their tour. Umm, ok.... stretch limo? Clearly a "wannabe" giving their opinion. I mean, let's face it. How many stretch limos has anyone seen in Rome? It just give me a chuckle when I need it.

Those who have done RIL tours- what would you say you averaged on lunches spent on the restaurants the guides took you to? And were you able to access atm's during your tours to withdrawal money in the cities to pay for tours etc? I don't want to bring a ton of cash along.

Edited by Jenna1983

Those who have done RIL tours- what would you say you averaged on lunches spent on the restaurants the guides took you to? And were you able to access atm's during your tours to withdrawal money in the cities to pay for tours etc? I don't want to bring a ton of cash along.

20-30 euros for a couple.

To get to an ATM, simply tell the driver you need to find one. Easy, no sweat.

Hello,

My wife and I will be in Rome on 25-26 Nov and then a cruise on the Norwegian Jade that travels to Naples, Athens, Olympia, Ephesus and Istanbul.

RIL looks very interesting. I'd like to find others that would join up for a small group tour. Any suggestions about how I can do that? I'm watching the NCL Cruise Critic Board for that cruise but so far no responses.

Thank you...Doug

20-30 euros for a couple.

To get to an ATM, simply tell the driver you need to find one. Easy, no sweat.

Thanks Bruce- this greatly helps me in prepping before I head there in 16 days (nerves are kicking in about now lol).

Hello,

My wife and I will be in Rome on 25-26 Nov and then a cruise on the Norwegian Jade that travels to Naples, Athens, Olympia, Ephesus and Istanbul.

RIL looks very interesting. I'd like to find others that would join up for a small group tour. Any suggestions about how I can do that? I'm watching the NCL Cruise Critic Board for that cruise but so far no responses.

Thank you...Doug

It's still early so be patient. Your roll call should get busy in the final 30-70 days prior to sailing.

Edited by Terpnut

I was nervous to book a tour and post it on the Rome in Limo website. Thinking who in the world on our ship is going to see this! But, I went ahead and booked a group of 6 (needing 4 more people) and within a couple of days my group booked up - 2 from our ship Crystal Serenity and 2 from RCL. The driver was nice enough to meet them at their ship a little early and be at ours by 8 am. Our driver, Luca, was wonderful and we all agreed that it was an awesome day. If like me, it's your first visit to Rome, and you've got to see "Rome in a Day", I hope you go with this company and I hope you ask for Luca! You won't be disappointed.

**disclaimer - The two other couples in our group were in their 30's - 40's like us so that may have made a difference too - we had a blast!

We have just returned from a cruise where we used Romeinlimo twice for Livorno and Rome. I cannot rate them highly enough, their service was fantastic from the start and the value for money is incredible. Both of our drivers were really helpful and informative. I would definitely recommend them and will use them again!

I was nervous to book a tour and post it on the Rome in Limo website. Thinking who in the world on our ship is going to see this! But, I went ahead and booked a group of 6 (needing 4 more people) and within a couple of days my group booked up - 2 from our ship Crystal Serenity and 2 from RCL. The driver was nice enough to meet them at their ship a little early and be at ours by 8 am. Our driver, Luca, was wonderful and we all agreed that it was an awesome day. If like me, it's your first visit to Rome, and you've got to see "Rome in a Day", I hope you go with this company and I hope you ask for Luca! You won't be disappointed.

**disclaimer - The two other couples in our group were in their 30's - 40's like us so that may have made a difference too - we had a blast!

Hello, this is good to hear that you can do a shared tour with other ships. When I started a group for Rome, I posted on other ship roll calls and basically got the response "why am I posting on these roll calls". It doesn't say you can do this on the romeinlimo website so I can understand why there may be confusion.

Have joined a shared tour but do not want to do the academia part. For those that have done this tour is there anything within walking distance we can do while others are in the academia? Even somewhere to grab a bite to eat or drink would be fine.

Thanks

Have joined a shared tour but do not want to do the academia part. For those that have done this tour is there anything within walking distance we can do while others are in the academia? Even somewhere to grab a bite to eat or drink would be fine.

Thanks

I asked that question to Jany of Rome in Limo because one person who was considering this tour with us didn't want to do the Academia part either. She said that stop wouldn't be more than 20 minutes or so and there were things he could do while we were in the Academia. He didn't go with us so I can't tell you exactly what there would be to do.

I also highly recommend RIL. We have used them twice for a total of three tours and they are great.

I asked that question to Jany of Rome in Limo because one person who was considering this tour with us didn't want to do the Academia part either. She said that stop wouldn't be more than 20 minutes or so and there were things he could do while we were in the Academia. He didn't go with us so I can't tell you exactly what there would be to do.

I also highly recommend RIL. We have used them twice for a total of three tours and they are great.

Thank you. I am looking forward to my rome highlights tour as well as the Pisa and Florence one I joined yesterday.

Edited by maggieq

Just back from the Carnival Sunshine (great crew & Staff!!!) and used Rome in Limo for Rome. We had 4 and shared with another group of 4 and it was wonderful!!!! Mike was our guide. We saw sooo much and didn't wait in any lines. Our Vatican guide was wonderful. Much better than a tour on a big bus!

Did the same in Naples, had a group of 7 to go to Sorrento, Posintano and Pompeii. Fernando was our guide and he was great. Lunch at Constatino's in Positano was excellent. My Italian grandparents are from this area and I'm very judgmental of Italian food since I grew up with the best. This was excellent and the view during lunch was like out of a movie!!!

Had a guide for Pompeii which was wonderful. Saw all the highlights. Was amazed at how big it is.

Two great tours with Rome in Limo!!!

Kim in CA

Last month we did two romeinlimo tours. Rome and Pisa/Lucca. our guides were Riccardo for Pisa/Lucca and Mike for Rome. Both were wonderful and we got to see everything we wanted. They even made sure we had our gelato stops. We also had Stella for our Vatican guide and she was great. This was our second med cruise and our second time using romeinlimo. When we come back we will definitely use them again!

ellen

Another shout out for RIL - they make sure you have a wonderful time!

Last month we took three tours with them from the ports of Livorno, Civitavecchia and Naples.

David took us around Pisa and Florence and did a wonderful job of it - showed us all the sights and after dropping us off at the Accademia, parked the car, came back and even got the tickets for us so we didn't have to wait in line in the hot sun!

Stefano showed us all the sights in Rome - hard to believe it can be done in less than a day, but Stefano managed it. Unfortunately his car broke down while we were at the Vatican, but he'd already arranged for a backup car which was waiting for us when we came out, so we were not discommoded at all!

Maria - the guide who took us around the Vatican, was an absolute darling! She made the tour come alive even for the kids and managed to make sense of the utter chaos. Wish we could have had her for Pompeii also.

Naples - David and Stefano were good, but Lello managed to top them! He drove so well along the Amalfi coast with its many twists and turns my usually car sick daughter had no problems at all and in fact enjoyed the drive and the beautiful scenery! He had cold water for us in the van and also presented us with limoncello at the end - a very nice touch - thank you Lello! We'll never forget the wonderful time we had that day.

Our guide in Pompeii was Vincenzo - really wish we could have had Maria again! He was OK, showed us everything and explained what we were seeing, but somehow did not make it all come alive like Maria had the day before.

And at each of the three ports, the drivers were already waiting for us, even though we were one of the first off the boat in some of the ports.

Would not hesitate to use them again if we were lucky enough to find ourselves in Italy one more time.

Edited by Excited2Cruz
Wanted to add something else

I was hesitant about a private tour as I didn't know what to expect. We toured Pisa/Florence with 8 strangers, meeting only on Cruise Critic - (they were all fabulous) We booked with Rome In Limo who picked us up in an a/c van, our tour guide, Laura was absolutely outstanding! She was knowledgeable, interesting, and charming.

I would highly recommend Rome in Limo. If you have any questions, even the most elementary, they are answered with respect and promptly.

I just came back from August Royal Princess cruise with my family of 7 people total. When I first looked at the excursions from the cruise ship, it is so expensive for the 7 of us so I started looking around the private tours. In the beginning I was still a little hesitate, like the quality of the company, what if the they don't show up, or the worst nightmare would be missing the ship etc... but then I read so many positive feedback for RIL, I decided just go ahead and booking with them.

Jany from RIL was very helpful and responsive. We exchanged email and Jany always answered it promptly. So I went ahead and booked my excursions for Pisa, Roma and Naples. My all 3 excursions for the cruise I booked it with RIL.

I had Raffaele, Gabriele and Diego for Pisa, Roma and Naples. They are the BEST!!! Sorry I couldn't remember the name for the tour guide for Vatican and Pompeii but they are also wonderful.

If Raffaele, Gabriele and Diego are reading this post, thank you, thank you sooooo much for taking the 7 of us around and show us your beautiful country. They did an excellent job!!! Besides showing us the "tourist spots", lunch place was great! Pizza, tiramisu, seafood, pasta, wine.....

On the day in Rome, it was my aunt's birthday, also our beautiful tour guide in Vatican City, Gabriele was so nice that after our meal he had the waiter bring out a candled lit cake, what a pleasant surprise!!! Raffaele was so nice that he took us to a wine store and helped us select the wines. Diego I still remember the "AC" thining inside the van. Thank you guys for making our trip memorable!!!!

My conclusion is, DO NOT worry about the quality and missing the boat, the drivers know what they are doing and they are doing an excellent job. I remembered Raffaele even offered to drive us to Rome if we missed the ship!!!! RIL is the way to go if you only have limited time and want to see the most out of the city!!!!!

For anyone looking for a great way to sightsee or get around in Italy, we recommend Rome in Limo. They are knowledgeable, polite, and always on time. We have used their services three times on different trips in and around Rome, and we have never been disappointed. This last time we needed to transfer from Civitavecchia (the port for Rome) to the airport for our trip home. They met us at the ship and transferred us safely and quickly. We have had tours with them in and around Rome, and they have been 100% reliable.

We were just on the Carnival Sunshine and we used Rome In Limo for tours in Rome and Naples. Can not say enough great things about our excursions with them. In Rome, we had a group of 8 and had Mike as our guide. He was wonderful! So knowledgeable about the history of the city and he took us to so many more place than the ship excursions can get to in a day. We got to Trevi Fountain before the throngs of tourists hit and it was lovely!!! We had a guide for the Vatican and walked right in. The van tour is great because you can get down streets that the big buses can't go down. We saw so much in one day!

In Naples, there were 7 of us and we had Fernando. We went to Sorrento, Positano and Pompeii. The lunch stop at Constantino's was the best meal we had off the ship. And it was lunch with a view I will never forget. I hope to get back there one day. We had a guide for Pompeii and that was great so we could see all the highlights and avoid the big groups in there.

Loved our tours with Rome in Limo!!! 5 Plus Stars for sure!!!

We booked private tours in Naples, Rome, and Florence with Rome In Limo. Jany was very helpful in setting this up and was always quick to respond via email. We attempted to share a few of our tours but could not find another group so we changed back to a private tour. All of the vehicles were new, comfortable and had great air conditioning.

Our driver Tony, in Naples was fantastic. We went to Herculaneum, where we had a knowledgable and funny private guide named Carlo. Lunch in Sorrento was perfect as we had a table reserved for us, food was good and prices were reasonable. We also spent some time in Positano.

Rome was a packed day and we definately hit all the sites. It is important to decide if you want to see a little of everything like we did or just see a few things at a slower pace.

In Florence, Giovanny took us to Pisa for a photo and then to Florence and the Accademia. After lunch, we drove to San Giminangno. It was a quite enjoyable drive.

These drivers are experienced, knowledgable, and get you right where you need to be. They always drop you in front of the attraction and help you get in to the site. First class operation!