Push My Time Dining

I went ahead and bit the bullet and signed up for MTD on our upcoming Alaskan cruise. However, it has not appeared online when I sign in at the RCCL site. We are using a TA and the pre-paid gratuities have been charged. I have an invoice and checked the credit card account online to be sure.

I called C&A today to speak with them and when checking my reservation they say it still shows our original assigned dining time.

Wondering if I need to call TA once again to have him double check. Also wondering if all of the bugs have yet to be worked out of MTD. Either way if we don't get the MTD, gratuities are paid and we will eat! :)

Guess I'm sitting on the fence about this one. I would love input regarding experiences on the Rhapsody concerning MTD.

Thanks!

Can't tell you anything about Rhapsody's MTD but will say that YES you should call your TA again. It should only take a phone call to RCCL from him/her to get you signed up on MTD, their computer system is now set up with this option so it should be simple. I would definitely not wait until boarding if this the option you want as the section may be full by then!

OH...and Jewel's MTD was wonderful for us last fall..

I don't know how it works if one uses a TA but we booked on-line for the Jewel in October and MTD was not yet available as an on-line selection. We prepaid the gratuities and intended to call.

A few days ago another poster indicated that MTD was now available on-line so I logged in and selected it.

Same thing happened to me. I called RCCL before our cruise, set up MTD/prepaid the gratuities and it still showed up on our reservation as having main seating. Called twice to confirm we were still set up for MTD and they said we were, it just doesn't show up on the online reservations yet.

And to make things more confusing, when we got on board last week, we had a second seating table number assigned to us on our seapass. We went right to the dining room and the head waiter said that's how they signify MTD and that table doesn't actually exist - they don't have the ability to put MTD on the seapass yet.

Personally, I think they rushed the launch of MTD. It still has bugs that need to be worked out on all ends. We're sticking with main dining next year.

It seems as if the ships that had the 'trials' for MTD are all ok, but the ones that they added this year are having issues. We sailed on Freedom last year, signed up for MTD and had it on our seapass no problem. We are sailing on Mariner in August and it is not yet available per their system. Yes I can call, but it doesn't show up yet. Since I have a few months yet, not worrying at this point. But will be watching for it to be officially available. Looks like they don't have the best IT team working at Royal :eek:. Where I am if we did half of what they do wrong we would be out the door!

Thanks everyone for your great input. Since MTD is new on the Rhapsody, we may go ahead and give it a try. If it is just too much trouble, there's always the Windjammer or room service.:)

I've just posted about MDR meal times as they have been changed on my upcoming cruise on NOS in June, with no head up or call to advise!

1st seating gone from 615pm - 645pm and 2nd seating (one I was confirmed on) has changed from 830pm to 915pm!!! :(

So I'm changing (or trying to) to MTD. Gone through TA to do this as RCCL said they can't as didn't book direct with them.

Said the changes to meal times were on other ships too???

Don't know if useful but hope its helpful?

We have had MTD on several ships.........and will not go back to the traditional dining in the future..........as we LOVE MTD!!

The last was on the Mariner on the 4/19 cruise.........once again just great. We opt for a table and love dining at 7:30 every evening....so we have the same table and waiters every night.:)

The Mariner now has MTD online......and we have signed up for it on our 5/31 cruise.

Rick

I went ahead and bit the bullet and signed up for MTD on our upcoming Alaskan cruise. However, it has not appeared online when I sign in at the RCCL site. We are using a TA and the pre-paid gratuities have been charged. I have an invoice and checked the credit card account online to be sure.

I called C&A today to speak with them and when checking my reservation they say it still shows our original assigned dining time.

Wondering if I need to call TA once again to have him double check. Also wondering if all of the bugs have yet to be worked out of MTD. Either way if we don't get the MTD, gratuities are paid and we will eat! :)

Guess I'm sitting on the fence about this one. I would love input regarding experiences on the Rhapsody concerning MTD.

Thanks!

Bit the bullet? Was their something stressful or painful about signing up for the MTD?

I called RCCL before our cruise, set up MTD/prepaid the gratuities and it still showed up on our reservation as having main seating. Called twice to confirm we were still set up for MTD and they said we were, it just doesn't show up on the online reservations yet.

It took about a week for my MTD reservation to show up online. Someone mentioned that they only update the computers once a week. Either way I see nothing to get stressed out over. Just make sure your TA sends you a receipt for the pre-paid grats.

I've just posted about MDR meal times as they have been changed on my upcoming cruise on NOS in June, with no head up or call to advise!

1st seating gone from 615pm - 645pm and 2nd seating (one I was confirmed on) has changed from 830pm to 915pm!!! :(

So I'm changing (or trying to) to MTD. Gone through TA to do this as RCCL said they can't as didn't book direct with them.

Said the changes to meal times were on other ships too???

Don't know if useful but hope its helpful?

We had a 9.15 table assignment on the Navigator last May and really did not like it, much too late. So many people tried to change to early seating that the MDR was almost empty when we went in and they said we could not change as early seating was full. Did MTD on our Indy cruise and it is much, much better. Eat when you like between 6 and 9.30. We will never go back to traditional dining again if MTD is offered.

Hi,

MTD was not available when we booked our cruise. SO when we found it had become available we changed to MTD through our TA. Our page on the RCI website though still said "Main Dining".

But last week (about 3 weeks before departure) it changed automatically to MTD on the website.

I had rung the RCI helpline and the advisor said it was teething troubles with the website.

Berwyn

Archived