Fraud on Ebay?

Every so often I type in Royal Caribbean in the search bar of e-bay, this one seller always comes up offering a cruise two for one deal. This person apparently is a travel agent and is passing on the savings she gets to her clients, or anyone who bids the highest on e-bay. I looked at her feedback and it's quite poor as people claiming her deals are misleading, does anyone know anything about this? Thanks! Happy Holiday to all!

Every so often I type in Royal Caribbean in the search bar of e-bay, this one seller always comes up offering a cruise two for one deal. This person apparently is a travel agent and is passing on the savings she gets to her clients, or anyone who bids the highest on e-bay. I looked at her feedback and it's quite poor as people claiming her deals are misleading, does anyone know anything about this? Thanks! Happy Holiday to all!

why would you even consider it, especially if she has poor rating. I won't even buy a 5$ item from a bad seller, never mind a expensive cruise. Travel agents don't get any lower prices from RCCL then regular people unless they are holding group space. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.!!!!

Some people claiming her ads are misleading, her feedback is still in the 90's. Just has a few poor ratings. Travel agents get promotional deals and they therefore pass it on to others. That's why I am asking if anyone has heard of this before or done something like this.

Some people claiming her ads are misleading, her feedback is still in the 90's. Just has a few poor ratings. Travel agents get promotional deals and they therefore pass it on to others. That's why I am asking if anyone has heard of this before or done something like this.

I am a TA and we don't get promotional deals like what you are describing. She is probably basing her pricing on brochure rates which are out of date before the ink dries.

there is no such thing as 2 for 1 at the online prices you see. I don't see one on ebay at this time. Where are you seeing one?

Sporadically check, this seller just has 4 different "deals going". Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Disney, and Princess. All the same two for one. This is not the first time I have seen this, nor is this the only seller i've seen doing this. Which is why I asked if anyone else knows anything about this, seeing two sellers (perhaps in disguise as only one) offering such a good promotion led me to ask on here if anyone else knew anything.

Sure we want a good deal when we cruise, but I also want peace of mind knowing that I will be getting to my vacation without any blunders.

We only take one major vacation a year and I am always in contact with our travel agent. She has never disappointed us and we feel confident with her guidance.

This year Hawaii has been booked since last year, and next year.

Freedom of the Seas, looking at July 18th.

Eastern.

Later

Way back in the olden days when I was booking cruises from newspaper ads or the brochures, I would call on a "deal" and would always be told "oh, those cabins at that price are sold out, but here's the latest". Of course, the "deal" cabins never existed to begin with .

Thank goodness for the internet for research and my darling TA for the past 11 years!!

Ebay's ok if you want a ball cap or a couple of martini glasses and other cruise related stuff, but frankly i wouldnt book a cruise through them. I like some control over my cruise and you cant always do that with a TA. But I'm lucky, as my TA pretty much provides whatever i wish.

It says first person travels at single persons fare, which is as we all know usually 100% single supplement. So the cabin is payed for completely, no wonder the second person is "free":rolleyes:

Second passenger travels for taxes and fees - sure they are not paid yet in the single supplement rate:rolleyes:

First Passenger travels at single person fare - Second Passenger travels for taxes, and all fees required.

ETA: SHe also states sometimes up to 50% off possible, which probably should reflect the deals that are sometimes given for only 150% single supplement. :rolleyes:

:eek: :eek:

Bcshur, If you read the fine print on that ad, it says first person pays Single Rate and second person only pays fees and taxes. I believe this is exactly what you do now. If you are in a single you pay for two people minus the fees and taxes for 2nd person. I'm pretty sure this is the way it works when you book single. If so, you're not saving one cent but you are paying for the travel certificate that you bid on!!:eek:

"Single person rate" is twice the price of a normal per person rate in a double occupancy. Enough said. ;)

So someone would pay $28 for a "voucher" to give them the privledge to work with this TA? Wow, I have some ocean front property in Arizona to sell. :p

I don't know what the legal definition for "fraud" is, but I have absolutely no doubts that these auctions are unethical.

They prey upon people who do not understand the pricing structure for cruises, and the fact that they are always priced as double occupancy.

And in fact, if you were to book a cruise that has a special reduced single supplement (say 150%) then the auction actually is a fraud, because for that cruise you would be required to pay more than the single person fare, plus taxes for the second passenger.

Someone should probably report this seller to eBay. There is "buyer beware", but this crosses that line by a mile.

Theron

"Single person rate" is twice the price of a normal per person rate in a double occupancy. Enough said. ;)

So someone would pay $28 for a "voucher" to give them the privledge to work with this TA? Wow, I have some ocean front property in Arizona to sell. :p

Me too (ocean property that is)!!:D:D

Rick

On my last cruise, t-shirts were priced at $40. All week, it was buy one, get one free. They did allow you to buy one @ $20. On the last day, the $40 t-shirts were marked 50% off and they took away the free t-shirt. A lot of people mobbed the table thinking it was such a great deal.

Like in your example, it amazes me that things like this just do not click in some people's heads.

On my last cruise, t-shirts were priced at $40. All week, it was buy one, get one free. They did allow you to buy one @ $20. On the last day, the $40 t-shirts were marked 50% off and they took away the free t-shirt. A lot of people mobbed the table thinking it was such a great deal.

Like in your example, it amazes me that things like this just do not click in some people's heads.

People are just not rational. I know they did a study not too long ago where they put up a table with some stuff for .59 a piece. They set up a bright sign with huge letters SALE 3 for 1.99. The vast majority didn´t understand that they overpaid with the sale price:rolleyes:

Archived