Nieuw Amsterdam Deck Plans are now online!

Main changes from Eurodam are:

• Category VQ replaces category VT on Deck 11. The verandahs revert to standard shape/size.
  • Category SQ Spa Deluxe Verandah Suites replace category SZ/SU (aka rooms 10005 and 10006) - Please note I know NOTHING about this category yet, except that it falls between the Penthouse and Category SA, there is now a large window that is forward facing in those rooms, and no symbol indicating that there is a single sink vanity, etc as is the case with Eurodam.

Canaletto, Tamarind, Silk Den are all retained, as is the new Northern Lights, Sports Bar and Ocean Bar designs, looks like the Explorations Bar is coming back as well.

Show Lounge is called the Mainstage

Dining Room is called Rembrandt Dining Room

Please also note:

That is is all per deckplans that are largely based on Eurodam so there may be some things that are not finalized yet for Nieuw Amsterdam with respect to deck plans. She is still very much a work in progress, and certainly one of the last and easiest things to change is the name of a public room.

Thank you, Dutch! We were on the Nieuw Amsterdam III in 1997 for an Inside Passage cruise. This was the last ship we were on that actually had the look and feel of a ship, right out of a 1930s black and white movie, rather than the regency hotel style ships that began with the Sovereign of the Seas in 1988. We fondly remember and were impressed with the then young Captain Simon Dowes, who I believe is now in itinerary planning.

It is amazing how much mileage Carnival Corp is getting out of the Vista class ships. This is the sixth for Holland America, not to mention the Queen Victoria, the new Queen Elizabeth and the Arcadia.

Thanks again for the heads up. We look forward to cruising on her.

Will she cruise in the Caribbean? I only saw european itineraries.

The last itinerary listed shows the Nieuw Amsterdam arriving in Fort Lauderdale November 7 as its final port of call. It is probably safe to say that the Nieuw Amersterdam will have a Caribbean, Panama Canal or South American itinerary for the winter seaason.

Hi,

Because the verandahs on Deck 11 will be standard verandahs, the Nieuw Amsterdam will look slighly different than the Eurodam. I noticed that the "Fleet Fact Sheet" on HAL's Web site indicates that the Nieuw Amsterdam will be slightly larger than the Eurodam (86,700 tons v. 86,273 tons). I wonder where the difference will be?

I read in Cruise Industry News Quarterly that the Nieuw Amsterdam will be doing Panama Canal cruises following its first season in Europe.

I sailed on the Eurodam in December and really liked the ship. I am interested in trying the Nieuw Amsterdam.

Chuck

I see that the deck plans still show partitions for cabanas on both sides of the Lido pool (but larger on starboard), just as the Eurodam's does. Any clue on what's really happening there?

Main changes from Eurodam are:

• Category VQ replaces category VT on Deck 11. The verandahs revert to standard shape/size.

That is too bad because I liked the VT. I liked the location, never use the balcony, loved the green colors and spa amenities and fact it was priced at the time as the highest outside....

So, this VQ does not have the ipod docking station and spa amenities?

That is too bad because I liked the VT. I liked the location, never use the balcony, loved the green colors and spa amenities and fact it was priced at the time as the highest outside....

So, this VQ does not have the ipod docking station and spa amenities?

Jade -

VQ is a spa category as well.

On Eurodam it is down one deck on Deck 10

The last itinerary listed shows the Nieuw Amsterdam arriving in Fort Lauderdale November 7 as its final port of call. It is probably safe to say that the Nieuw Amersterdam will have a Caribbean, Panama Canal or South American itinerary for the winter seaason.
HAL's Destination Calendar shows she will be in the Caribbean in November:

http://www.hollandamerica.com/find-cruise-vacation/DestinationCalendar.action

I have not been able to get to any deck plans: I get a lot of website errors using both Firefox and Internet Explorer.
I'm not having any problems with either IE or FF. Try this direct LINK

If that doesn't work for you, bring up the deck plans for any other ship and then in the upper right corner where it says View Deck Plans of Another Ship, choose N.A.

good luck

I'm not having any problems with either IE or FF. Try this direct LINK

If that doesn't work for you, bring up the deck plans for any other ship and then in the upper right corner where it says View Deck Plans of Another Ship, choose N.A.

good luck

That works, thanks. Why don't they just have a link to the deck plans from the ship's page?

Category SQ Spa Deluxe Verandah Suites replace category SZ/SU (aka rooms 10005 and 10006) - Please note I know NOTHING about this category yet, except that it falls between the Penthouse and Category SA, there is now a large window that is forward facing in those rooms, and no symbol indicating that there is a single sink vanity, etc as is the case with Eurodam.
Actually the deck plans show TWO SQ10006 cabins ... no 10005! :) And they seem to be priced the same as SA, although they are 76% of the SA's size. (389 vs 510) Maybe much of that size difference comes from a smaller verandah?

It is amazing how much mileage Carnival Corp is getting out of the Vista class ships. This is the sixth for Holland America, not to mention the Queen Victoria, the new Queen Elizabeth and the Arcadia.

Interesting to compare Vistas with four different lines..

First is an original style Holland America Vista, the Zuiderdam

Ship+Photo+Zuiderdam.jpg

Second is the Arcadia as built

Ship+Photo+Arcadia.jpg

The Eurodam

Ship+Photo+Eurodam.jpg

next is the Queen Victoria

Ship+Photo+QUEEN+VICTORIA.jpg

and finally the new Costa Luminosa

Ship+Photo+Costa+Luminosa.JPG

Which line's Vista do you all think is the most attractive???

Actually the deck plans show TWO SQ10006 cabins ... no 10005! :) And they seem to be priced the same as SA, although they are 76% of the SA's size. (389 vs 510) Maybe much of that size difference comes from a smaller verandah?

Thank you for noticing this jtl.

I have shared with the online and marketing teams in charge of the deck plans for review.

Archived