reserving of seats

On a recent cruise i notice that RCI now reserve seats by the pool and theatre for suite guests (only big suites) For them to have a policy of NO reserving of seats, then do it themselves for there high paying guests. I found this disgusting and back to a class system, the suite guests i spoke to also didnt want these reserved. most days most of these seats went unused while people walked round and round looking for a seat by the pool. Some of these suite guests are one off cruisers and for the record what i pay for my whole cruise to RCI (cabin, flights across from UK, excursions etc) is probably more than some suite guests. Most of my 13 cruises have included flights to US. RCI should reward loyalty instead of suite holders.

i have only cruised with RCI but with the recent changes, i found the changes in 6 months to be a real let down(no more newspapers, no more non stop live music, poor shows, as well as the soon loss of the concierge services to name a few) have forced me to shop around and try another company

I think the reserved chairs is a wonderful benefit for those that spend the big bucks for the suites!!

###

i also pay big bucks (probably more than some suite guests) unlike some i dont stay within driving distance of a port and pay 'big bucks' for my whole cruse including flights and the cabin of my choice. Over the last 5 years i have given loyalty and paid big money to RCI. These benefits should be given to loyal customers but on saying that i wouldnt want saets reserved for me, its as i said its going back to a class system which i though went down with the tritanic, will it soon be back to lower decks for the poor and upper decks for rich and never the tain shall meet lol

i will get off my soap box now but i get annoyed when people are treated differently because of the cabin they choose

C'MON RCI stop the classes and reward loyalty or lose your regulars

I think the reserved chairs is a wonderful benefit for those that spend the big bucks for the suites!!

###

At the expense of other passengers? I think it stinks. If you want your special benefits it should be given to you in the privacy of your cabin, i.e., champaign, free specialty restaurant dining, insuite dining, etc. but to have it blatantly flaunted to everyone that you are a "suite" guest, by sitting in areas that should normally be available to everyone is just tacky.

i also pay big bucks (probably more than some suite guests) unlike some i dont stay within driving distance of a port and pay 'big bucks' for my whole cruse including flights and the cabin of my choice. Over the last 5 years i have given loyalty and paid big money to RCI. These benefits should be given to loyal customers but on saying that i wouldnt want saets reserved for me, its as i said its going back to a class system which i though went down with the tritanic, will it soon be back to lower decks for the poor and upper decks for rich and never the tain shall meet lol

i will get off my soap box now but i get annoyed when people are treated differently because of the cabin they choose

C'MON RCI stop the classes and reward loyalty or lose your regulars

I don't see a problem with this at all. People who pay for suites do pay a lot more, so what's the big deal? It has nothing to do with 'class'. I saw a bunch of sections reserved for suite guests and yeah they were mostly empty, but I certainly would never feel 'lower' just because I can't sit in those sections... :rolleyes:

Gosh, when you fly on a plane does it get you all upset that the passengers in first class have nice big leather seats, deluxe mixed nuts instead of pretzels and free booze? They pay more, so they should get more. Very common concept.

If I'm sailing in a suite-on a sea day-For sure I'd park my fanny in a lounger!!!

I'm surprized they are empty as often as some post.

I can think of a few very simple reasons why some suite passengers don't use these seats

- They are in the sun, some don't like that, they want shade

- They are by the main pool, not solarium (if the ship has one) where it is all adults and quieter

- People sitting in those seats are somewhat 'on display'. Some don't like being put in that position

- Those sailing with others that are not in suites want to sit with their family/friends who cannot join them so they sit in the 'regular' seats

I wholeheartedly agree that is you pay more you should get more (I do not sail in suites), but personally think RCI messed this one up big time. For the reasons above, and more, the suite passengers are not using their reserved seats, but sitting in the regular ones, sometimes 'double dipping'. Yes, there are more suite passengers than seats in the reserved section, but there are more passengers aboard the ship than there are seats by the pool! There is probably a larger percentage of seats for the suite passengers than regular seats for the majority of those sailing.

As has been said many times on this board before, if the chair hogs could be controlled there would be no need for this section.

To be completely honest, I really don't care what other people get or don't get. I know what I signed up for when I booked my cruise, and that is all I expect. I go on vacation to relax, not stress out. :):)

On a recent cruise i notice that RCI now reserve seats by the pool and theatre for suite guests (only big suites) For them to have a policy of NO reserving of seats, then do it themselves for there high paying guests. I found this disgusting and back to a class system, the suite guests i spoke to also didnt want these reserved. most days most of these seats went unused while people walked round and round looking for a seat by the pool. Some of these suite guests are one off cruisers and for the record what i pay for my whole cruise to RCI (cabin, flights across from UK, excursions etc) is probably more than some suite guests. Most of my 13 cruises have included flights to US. RCI should reward loyalty instead of suite holders.

i have only cruised with RCI but with the recent changes, i found the changes in 6 months to be a real let down(no more newspapers, no more non stop live music, poor shows, as well as the soon loss of the concierge services to name a few) have forced me to shop around and try another company

How many times do we have to beat a poor dead horse?

To be completely honest, I really don't care what other people get or don't get. I know what I signed up for when I booked my cruise, and that is all I expect. I go on vacation to relax, not stress out. :):)

Bravo!

I can think of a few very simple reasons why some suite passengers don't use these seats

- They are in the sun, some don't like that, they want shade

- They are by the main pool, not solarium (if the ship has one) where it is all adults and quieter

- People sitting in those seats are somewhat 'on display'. Some don't like being put in that position

- Those sailing with others that are not in suites want to sit with their family/friends who cannot join them so they sit in the 'regular' seats

I wholeheartedly agree that is you pay more you should get more (I do not sail in suites), but personally think RCI messed this one up big time. For the reasons above, and more, the suite passengers are not using their reserved seats, but sitting in the regular ones, sometimes 'double dipping'. Yes, there are more suite passengers than seats in the reserved section, but there are more passengers aboard the ship than there are seats by the pool! There is probably a larger percentage of seats for the suite passengers than regular seats for the majority of those sailing.

As has been said many times on this board before, if the chair hogs could be controlled there would be no need for this section.

You hit the nail on the head. There are reasons why these reserved seats are not being utilized much, not the least of which is that they are not premium seats (which negates any comparison to first class seats on a plane).

This was a way for RCI to look like they are giving something "extra" to suite guests and all it cost the cruise line was the price of a velvet rope.

So instead of training their employees properly to enforce the cruise lines own rules against saving loungers and eliminating the chair hog problem, RCI chose to go this route.

The result seems to be a certain amount of resentment from loyal, long term customers who take this as another reason to look elsewhere for their cruise bookings. So what else is new? lol!

Colleen

At the expense of other passengers? I think it stinks. If you want your special benefits it should be given to you in the privacy of your cabin, i.e., champaign, free specialty restaurant dining, insuite dining, etc. but to have it blatantly flaunted to everyone that you are a "suite" guest, by sitting in areas that should normally be available to everyone is just tacky.

WELL PUT

some are missing the point, as one put it on an aircraft benefits are given to those paying more, yes, AND loyalty however RCI are giving to (quite often) one off cruisers and not to money spent or loyalty (its not always the case that suite guests pay more than others)

i also pay big bucks (probably more than some suite guests) unlike some i dont stay within driving distance of a port and pay 'big bucks' for my whole cruse including flights and the cabin of my choice.

The airlines should reward you for the miles you fly with them - not RCI.

###

At the expense of other passengers?

Bull.

It doesn't cost the "other passengers" a thing. (Except maybe the jealousy of having to "see" them get the perks.)

The suite guests pay sometimes 3-4 times as much for a room. If they spend that much more......then they have every right to get more, whether others can see it or not.

If you want more....you have to pay more. So, if you don't like it, book a suite. But don't come off saying that perks are confined to their room.

Bull.

It doesn't cost the "other passengers" a thing. (Except maybe the jealousy of having to "see" them get the perks.)

The suite guests pay sometimes 3-4 times as much for a room. If they spend that much more......then they have every right to get more, whether others can see it or not.

If you want more....you have to pay more. So, if you don't like it, book a suite. But don't come off saying that perks are confined to their room.

That's it exactly. Book a suite, then you won't have a problem with it.

Bull.

they may pay more for the room (often 4 sharing) however i, and many others pay more over all not just for the room, and paid much more to RCI overall over the years

Bull.

LOL! I guess I got you a tad wound up. I believe that open deck areas should be for all passengers, it used to before. That's what bugs me, and the fact that they rarely are even used and go empty most of the day. It's a stupid concept. I could care less about being in a suite, I could afford it, but I would rather spend my money on other things more important than status. I'll find a chair, no problem, just hate seeing reserved seating for "suite" guests go empty.

they may pay more for the room (often 4 sharing) however i, and many others pay more over all not just for the room, and paid much more to RCI overall over the years

hey y'all - who give a whopie what the suite guest get????? just have a great vacation -- there are more than enough darn deck chairs than we will use ;)

Suite passengers do get more for what they pay. They get a SUITE. :D

Archived